e-wheelbarrow connection to controller

Hi,

I have a wheelbarrow with a 48v 350 watt motor. I have a 48v battery (that works with my ebike). There are 2 brakes and a 3-speed accelerator. I tried to connect the wires to the controller like the photos attached, but it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Someone can help me?

this is the motot
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/32839959696.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dwZcMFs

Ps: In the photos the isn't the battery connected.

Thank you!

Attachments

• thumbnail_20200405_194211.jpg
    thumbnail_20200405_194211.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 848
  • thumbnail_20200405_194226.jpg
    thumbnail_20200405_194226.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 848
  • thumbnail_20200405_194254.jpg
    thumbnail_20200405_194254.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 848
One of the extra wires is a ignition wire. Must connect to battery to start. One of the other wires is most likely a reverse . Not sure if it will brick itself is you if you get it wrong. Looks like you have the wire diagram.

Looked at the ad. No ignition is listed - "electric lock" would be the one I guess. (has reverse connector so you have fewer choices)

The anti theft needs to be connected most likely also. Best to check with the supplier unless someone here knows for certain.

The orange wire on the power plug most likely needs to switched to the positive of the battery.

You clearly have the wiring diagram sitting on the floor there, snap a pic of that and I'll tell you exactly what needs to go where.

Hi,

This is the scheme of the controller.

I wait for your suggestions before connect/disconnect wires.

Thank you!

Attachments

• controller.jpg
    controller.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 809
These instruction don't exactly fit to your Controller, no big deal though.
If you just want it to run with the throttle you will need to connect the orange wire to +48V

Attachments

• thumbnail_20200405_194211.jpg
    thumbnail_20200405_194211.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 804
I had the same problem with my electric go kart 1500w 48v controller. What I did: I unplugged the grey connector (the one that only has one wire) and It worked. I think it's the regen brake, in my case I didn't needed because I'm not using it. Give it a try, maybe that is causing the problem.

Cheers.

I tried to connect the cables as you suggested eee291. The accelerator lights still don't turn on,but the wheel made a small movement by itself after I connected the positive with positive (red cable) and disconnected and reconnected to the orange (I don't know if it can be useful).

I have a green accelerator cable disconnected, do I have to connect it?

I am attaching the photo of how I did it now.

enrengineering: I tried to disconnect the cable, but it doesn't work in my case.

Attachments

• eee291_ok.jpg
    eee291_ok.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 794
I see a few mistakes here, I'm sorry if my instructions confused you.
You have to connect 48V to the red and black wire and another + from the battery to the orange wire!
Or take a piece of wire and connect red and orange together.
Also it looks like you connected the throttle to the 3 speed switch instead of the throttle plug where it was before!

I tried to connect the cables as you suggested eee291. The accelerator lights still don't turn on,but the wheel made a small movement by itself after I connected the positive with positive (red cable) and disconnected and reconnected to the orange (I don't know if it can be useful).
It looks like this charged the capacitor and when you applied 48V to the orange wire it moved because it still had a bit of energy left and the self learn wires were connected.
You need 48V on red and orange at the same time, orange is the ignition so to speak.

Back