off road electric board ??

electricboard1

100 µW
I am currently building a 36v off road electric mountainboard which I plan to run on 2x makita 18v 6ah tool battery packs in series (36v)

I have an old 24v 250w (i think) motor and a 4QD Uni8 36v 80amp speed control (115amp max) which I used before and seemed to work ok in another project.

I know this 24v motor may burn out eventually due to being overvolted,
But what I need to know is is it worth me buying a new larger motor to handle the speed control? Which motor would get me more range/distance out of the batteries?

E.G if I was to get a new 36v 800w motor would this get me more range even though is a higher wattage? than using the overvolted 24v 250w motor ??
Am i right in thinking the overvolted 250w motor will draw more amps so will drain the batteries quicker but could still potentially run at 800w as the controller will supply it?

or would an even bigger 1000w motor run more efficiently at less amps and give me more range? even though it is a higher wattage motor?
I want the most efficient motor for range and also to use with these Makita lithium battery packs to keep it all safe

any help with this would be great

Better go to https://electric-skateboard.builders/ im building also Electric Skateboards and Mountainboards.
But the best combination is 10S or better 12S on 63XX outrunner motors (you will need 2 or 4) everything else is waste of time.
Believe me, I have run dual 600-watt motors on 10s and the acceleration is just slow and can't handle hills.

thanks but I am sticking to the bigger brushed motors as I already have the controller and batteries. The Makita batteries will be 10s as I believe they are 5s in each 18v pack.

I just wanted to know if a 24v 250w motor overvolted running at 36v would use more or less battery capacity than a 36v 750w motor running with the 80amp controller (30amp continuous 115amp max)

As one motor is the correct voltage but more watts and the other is less watts but overvolted. Or in this case would the battery range be similar?

Back