Ban ebikemaui member!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnbear

10 kW
I have been reading as much of the forums as possible. This guy is so negative and agressive. He has no positive input. Reading his posts makes me cringe. Why must their always be bad apples.

Let him go ride his bike on his island by himself.

Thanks for the quick response - I put in my vote!

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=995&start=0

EbikeMaui causing trouble here is all in the past. One click from a mod and the offending post is gone :D

Johnbear said:
Thanks for the quick response - I put in my vote!

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=995&start=0

Seems like your vote tipped it into the majority, though it doesn't matter so much. Everyone seems to agree he can be trouble, but those who voted for him to stay seem to take the position that he needs a second chance. And since the vote was started, he's behaved. Yeah, he's negative and grumpy, but he's also somewhat knowledgeable about a few things.
For instance, if you happen to live near a Volcano, and need an Ebike to carry your daily virgin sacrifices to the top, then he's they guy to see for details on how to build one.

yes well, many brilliant people often don't have great people skills and can be abrasive... i've read many of his posts and he seems like he's not deluded into making due with crappy technologie applications - a true visionary and he has a great deal to teach us if we can coax him into revealing his knowledge. 8)

don't be like the muslim ideologists and take offense at every gist and humorous jab at your crappy cookie cutter cubscout bikes!!

hee hee i'm just teasing you now :lol:

and no i'll never buy a hub motor bike unless it runs off internal hub gearing with more than 2 gears!
its a waste of power - like only having one gear on a car and supper reving it - you waste power and energy that way

the future is here if we ask for it and help create it. :wink:
so lets do it- hybrid geared hubs and central mounted motors.
ev frames designed for customizing and upgrading.

kisshu said:
yes well, many brilliant people often don't have great people skills and can be abrasive... i've read many of his posts and he seems like he's not deluded into making due with crappy technologie applications - a true visionary and he has a great deal to teach us if we can coax him into revealing his knowledge. 8)

don't be like the muslim ideologists and take offense at every gist and humorous jab at your crappy cookie cutter cubscout bikes!!

hee hee i'm just teasing you now :lol:

and no i'll never buy a hub motor bike unless it runs off internal hub gearing with more than 2 gears!
its a waste of power - like only having one gear on a car and supper reving it - you waste power and energy that way

the future is here if we ask for it and help create it. :wink:
so lets do it- hybrid geared hubs and central mounted motors.
ev frames designed for customizing and upgrading.
What drugs are you on :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geared hubs already exist. They are noisy and the gears can wear down, eventually failing. They still can be good as knoxie can confirm with his Puma, beating gearless motors up hills or when accelerating (as far as I remember), but gearless hub motors still have their own unique advantages.

cg gameprogrammer wrote:
Geared hubs already exist. They are noisy and the gears can wear down, eventually failing. They still can be good as knoxie can confirm with his Puma, beating gearless motors up hills or when accelerating (as far as I remember), but gearless hub motors still have their own unique advantages.

kisshu> i thought geared hub motors only ran on one fixed gear ratio???

ebikemaui wrote> what drugs are you on?

kisshu> see my website link on my profile
plus i take a lot of herbs and vitamins aminoacids body supplements etc.
i don't drink or smoke - its so last millenium and poisonous
for drugs\ chemicals \nutrition mainly i'm interested in cognitive enhancing, energetic, and some psychotropic research in addition to health and body building.

if you want to know specifics experiments etc. e-mail me :wink:

kisshu said:
for drugs\ chemicals \nutrition mainly i'm interested in cognitive enhancing, energetic, and some psychotropic research in addition to health and body building.

So your morning stim consists of caffeine, methamphetamine, prozac, psychedelic mushrooms and anabolic steroids? Are you a professional athlete?

Anyway, this explains your rage over that trifling Currie motor thing...may I suggest backing off on the 'roids. :eek:

kisshu said:
cg gameprogrammer wrote:

kisshu> i thought geared hub motors only ran on one fixed gear ratio???

kisshu> see my website link on my profile
plus i take a lot of herbs and vitamins aminoacids body supplements etc.
i don't drink or smoke - its so last millenium and poisonous

if you want to know specifics experiments etc. e-mail me :wink:
Great to hear :D Only my motor is on Steriods :lol:
I'm going to ask the Mayor for specail permission to beat my own Worlds Record up the Haleaka Volcano on one of these ebikes.
In Cali these are considerd legal ebikes. If I can get the Mayor to ride one to do site inspections of future developments that are planed may be a win win situation to get solar transportation going in Hawaii and give this legal insentive for EV use on any roads with bicycle registration.. :?: :?: :?: :?: It would make our Mayor a Hero :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will chose the Brushless Etek with the 30ah 48 volt Emoly Lion pack
X2 they offer.
http://www.norcalmotocross.com/forum/all-things-motocross/3124-electric-motocross.html

I tested the electricmoto at Club Moto a couple years ago. I wasn't
impressed (and I really wanted to be impressed). The mountain bike
components just weren't up to the MX abuse. The brakes were too
weak, the suspension wasn't progressive enough, the frame flexed,
and the belt drive snapped twice in my 10 minutes on the track.

What really needs to happen is for someone to stick a good electric motor
(electricmoto has good motors) in a YZ125 chassis. Then I'll buy one.

John

nooo no steroids they're basically useless over the long run - i once tried some designer steroid just to see what would happen - i didn't like it
i use protien powder creatine arginine glutamine efa's stuff like that and herbal formulas for energy like python horney goat weed tribulous avena satvia maccuna purriens maca root ephedrine (cafiene makes me jittery- and i have asthma) ginseng,schishandra, yohimbines - i find there are some good sexual enhancers that really help with energy and tonify the internal organs

lots of cellular vitamins like nadh, q10, tmg, choline, acetyl l carnitine,
dark chocolate, ascorbal palmitate blah blah blah antioxidants - love them!

kisshu said:

mainly i'm interested in cognitive enhancing, energetic, and some psychotropic research.

Now you're talking. 8)

EbikeMaui said:
I'm going to ask the Mayor for specail permission to beat my own Worlds Record up the Haleaka Volcano on one of these ebikes.
Ok, I just have to ask because I can't confirm this anywhere. Where is the world record recorded? I couldn't find it in the usual places (like Guinness Book of World Records, etc).

Guinness decided that watching long fingernails and eating worms is the likes of there viewers. Until some one else gets documentation of anything better I hold the only two EV elevation climb records. :lol:
http://www.evworld.com/article.cfm?storyid=562

Attachments

• eRecords.jpg
    eRecords.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 3,938
  • eRecord1.jpg
    eRecord1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 3,939
EbikeMaui said:
Guinness decided that watching long fingernails and eating worms is the likes of there viewers. Until some one else gets documentation of anything better I hold the only two EV elevation climb records. :lol:
Since "Cycle to the Sun" no longer let's e-bikes participate, how would one go about breaking this world record? What are the terms of the world record? Merely distance? slope? speed?

Going by the official time, you averaged 11.86 MPH (19.08 KPH) so basically one would need to beat the 36.2 mile climb at a faster average rate to be the new world record holder?

knightmb said:
EbikeMaui said:
Since "Cycle to the Sun" no longer let's e-bikes participate, how would one go about breaking this world record? What are the terms of the world record? Merely distance? slope? speed?

Going by the official time, you averaged 11.86 MPH (19.08 KPH) so basically one would need to beat the 36.2 mile climb at a faster average rate to be the new world record holder?
Get a 10,005 foot elevation rise in less than 3 hours and 3 minutes on one set of batteries using less than 1584 watt hours...

So even if someone were to go to Maui & ride the same 10,005 foot trail & reach the top a lot faster, but use slightly more watt-hours, or finish with slightly slower speed on a lot less energy, it still wouldn't count.

It's a no win situation.

Unless you can match the 'official' 11.86 mph over the entire undulating course.
An impossible task.

We're never gonna hear the end of this, are we?

Btw, who was the official record keeper of the watt-hours?
Got a calibration certificate for the power meter you can post?
The contest is speed only, fastest to the top wins.
Just like every other historical hill-climb contests such as Pike's Peak.

Randy's so-called "record" is absurd because he's the only person to even try riding an e-bike there; there's so rare. And what kind of speed record is specific to a single road? Also, Randy doesn't actually have an electric bicycle; he wasn't pedaling so it's really more like a very low-speed electric motorcycle. And if he did pedal, then a record would become really meaningless because it's ambiguous how much work is being done by human vs motor.

Also no one cares. Nobody will publish a record for least fuel used to get a passenger sedan up a specific mountain in Maui. So why would they for an electric bike, which are almost infinitely less common?

I'm certain I hold the world record time for an electric bicycle traversing my local City Park Multi-Use Trail. Anybody wanna come here to try and beat my record? Well do ya? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back