How accurate is this Peukert Calculator ???>>>>

JDELUNA

10 mW
I found this on the internet tonight. Does anyone know how accurate it is ?? Currently it does not do anything smaller than 20Ah but I figure you can just double your input AH and then divide by 2 the results that you get for anything less than 20AH. Please let me know what you all think. God Bless :)

http://www.otherpower.com/images/scimages/5410/peukert_calc.xls

I think it will be about as accurate as anything. The actual behavior is a function of battery construction, so results will vary by brand and type.

Thanks for your reply Fechter. I inputted 38AH and 72amps to simulate my Emax scooter taking off from a stop NOT using the turbo button, as IIRC 72amps is what is uses for NON-turbo and 92amps for TURBO. With the 72amps is says that my stock 38AH batteries are like 12.77AH batteries....WOW big difference. Now I know that 72amps is not what the EMAX scooter draws while cruising, etc. but still that is a big difference !!!! Time to get some Lithiums !!!! :wink: God Bless :)

The calc results seem to jive with our generalized, real-world experience that a 1C drain rate from SLAs provides ~1/2 the battery's rated capacity.

As you see, the pesky Peukert effect is a real drawback for lead-acid batteries. Fortunately, you would not be running 72 amps for more than a few seconds during a typical acceleration, but a hill could keep you up there for a while. On the flats or downhill, things are much better, so it averages out.

I can see peaks of 100 amps on my tiny 13Ah batteries, so imagine the Peukert there. I want lithium too. :p

Back