Help debugging Kelly KD controller

flashedarling

100 mW
I'm currently trying to get my setup with a PM motor and my Kelly KD 72401 controller to work and having some issues with it. Basically I have it wired as shown in the manual. The only problem is it does not give me enough voltage from the RLY terminal to run my 12v-24v nominal contactor. With the contactor off I checked the voltages, everything seemed reasonable. The main LED was solid on, indicating the controller was functioning correctly. So I played around with it, wired up the contactor separately and after the precharge period I tried manually triggering the contactor. This causes an immediate failure until I turn the contactor off. The specific failure is either a 3,1 or 3,2 message failure. This warning code continues until I shut off the contactor at which point it typically returns to a solid red.

I have tried wiring my controller with both configurations in my manual, using both the configuration with the PWR terminal connected to the 24v pin and to the 72v pin on my batter pack, the results are identical either way.

Can anyone help me debug this issue?

For further illumination I'm attempting a motorcycle conversion. The controller is connected to (and hopefully will be running) an Agni 95B motor and is using a 0-5K throttle. The battery pack is a LiFePO4 pack with a nominal voltage of 72v and a fully charged voltage of ~80v. The contactor is a Kilovac EV200 series contactor. The controller connects to and updates its settings with no problem from a standard windows XP computer.

Back