Hall effect sensor in throttle.

hts2013

1 µW
I have a bad half twist throttle from my Raw motors ebike(no longer in business). The throttle failed from a faulty hall effect sensor. T
The sensors tag is 96B, I googled it but there was no reliable info for it.
Is there a universal Hall effect sensor I can use for the throttle?
(controller 36v, 9amp).

that is the way the chinese describe their knock offs of the honeywell SS495 and 496, these are called ratiometric and the output varies as the magnetic field it is exposed to changes. i have only used the 495 and don't know about the SS496 but you can google the data sheet.

how do you know the hall sensor has failed?

Much appreciated.
I figured the hall sensor has failed because the controller is good and the motor is good.
The system works with other throttles.

Now that you ask, may be I should go back and check the resistors in the throttle.
(I am not familiar with what makes a throttle circuit board.)

Can I use the same sensors for replacement in a hub motor?

Below are numbers on one hall effect sensor, the dash is a character that I cannot make out, does this look familliar?
_49E
906A

it could be a disconnected hall output lead somewhere inside. if you have the throttle open, you can use a 3-4V of battery and apply that at the throttle hall sensor output on the pcb where the hall sensor is. or you can check continuity from the hall sensor output in the throttle to the controller, through all the connectors. you can double check to see that it is getting 5V and has ground too. and you should see the hall sensor output voltage change as measured there on the pcb as the magnets get closer to the sensor.

no, you cannot use the same sensors inside of a motor. in a motor the sensor latches and is either a logic "0" or logic "1" and toggles between 0V and 5V.

often the problem inside of the throttle is that the magnet comes loose and it no longer moves when the throttle is twisted. i'd pop the throttle open and see where the magnet or magnets are and if they move when they are supposed to. some throttles have two magnets, one at the start of the track and the other at the end. you may have to experiment a bit to see how this work and how it should go together.

an easy test is to grab a spare magnet, pop the throttle open and see if the throttle works if you touch the numbered face of the sensor with the magnet. one way and the motor should be off. flip the magnet over and the motor should run full speed. be a good idea to have the wheel in the air when you do this.

rick

Back