HobbyKing Purchases (Warehouses)

Interesting..... Hopefully they get in the goood stuff!

I've got a feeling they are only going to stock larger items for which its not physically possible or economic to be airmailed..... Australia's customer base is too small for them to bother stocking much. I hope i'm wrong though.

Same with the USA warehouse. If they could get lipo in, and give us a break on shipping, they'd sell many more! I need more volts/range.

boostjuice said:
I've got a feeling they are only going to stock larger items for which its not physically possible or economic to be airmailed..... Australia's customer base is too small for them to bother stocking much. I hope i'm wrong though.

For ebikes maybe but we are talking a hobby store for rc models boostjuice, having been in
to both rc helis and rc cars and paid premium price for everything locally if HK OZ has similar pricing to HK China the store will do a roaring trade IMO, just go price some lipos at any rc store in OZ other than HK..

KiM

Excellent news!!!!

I hope they get the turnigy 8S 5800mAh packs in as well. I want to get 8 of them. Dump my dying PSI cells and feed my Cyclone motor 59.2V/23.2Ah baaaabeeee!!!

Hillhater said:
LiPo in Aus ! :p :eek: ...good news indeed...but ...
check the pricing ? ...something a little strange with the pricing and exchange rates ? :?

I dunno, ~13 dollars dearer the postage for what 4 packs from HK is ~$US40 bucks usually, postage within
OZ will be way cheaper so taking all this into consideration not tooo bad considering delivery will be 2-3 days not 1-2 weeks plus ...

KiM

They currently only stock the 25C packs too. so i would have to pay a $15 / pack excess over the 20C's that i wanted.
Also, i tried a 4 pack buy on the Aus w/h and still got quoted $67 shipping ???
It is actually still cheaper for me to order the 20C's from HK ! .. even if they get the local shipping sorted.
Frustrating as the Aus w/h is just down the road from me ! :evil:
I may just drive down there and see what the deal is and if they will be stocking other packs!

$15 for 7kg.
And they are stocking 20/25/30C 5/6S packs.

8)

HobbyKing Aus Psotage.jpg
HobbyKing LiPo.jpg

- Adrian

^^ got the email through this morning also, sounds promising! 6 x 22v pack weighs less than 7kg including parallel adapter boards wiring and tape... :mrgreen: definately a big saving on the 40 bucks for 4 packs from HK in uhm...where ever it is Hong Kong?

KiM

Now we just need them to start stocking BMS and other goodies in there.

But this makes me a LOT more willing to go the LiPo now considering you don't have to ship it to the other side of the globe should one be faulty.

AussieJester said:
................including parallel adapter boards............

KiM

:shock: Got a link. I didn't realise they have parallel adapter boards.

- Adrian

Update:.. service report...good news and possibly not such good news ??

Good news. .. Lipo ordered Friday, arrived Monday am. :D
not so good news for you Aussies in WA & Woop Woop etc... big sticker on the box saying... "NOT TO BE MOVED BY AIR". :?
..so, not quite so quick for you maybe ?

PS: despite several reports that their w/h was in Sydney, the senders address on the documents states... "Shelley Road, Moruya , NSW 2537 " ?
That is 300km south of Sydney.

Ha! That's Moruya's industrial estate. Must be cheap warehouse rent compared to Sydney. And it's right on the Princes highway.

This one seems a likely candidate for a Break&Enter :mrgreen:

file.php

Attachments

• Shelly_rd.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 915
Hillhater said:
Good news. .. Lipo ordered Friday, arrived Monday am. :D
not so good news for you Aussies in WA & Woop Woop etc... big sticker on the box saying... "NOT TO BE MOVED BY AIR". :?
..so, not quite so quick for you maybe ?

Oh i will still be buying most of my stuff from HK overseas, ever little bit i can save helps
wait times aren't so big a deal for me, money is. That said, road transport from east to
W.A doesn't take much more than 5 days anywayz. Hyena sent me a frock motor via truck
from cockroachville and it was here in ~5 days.

Any small stuff like connections and wires i grab local
lipos and motors will definitely come from overseas.

KiM

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on their stock. The Sydney warehouse is literally 5 minutes down the road from me which I suspect isn't co-incidence. They looked at where they were shipping all their lipo to in Australia and placed the warehouse near me accordingly :lol: :mrgreen:

AJ is right though, I priced all the bits to make an 18S2P pack a few days ago and it was still a few bucks cheaper to import from China (I prefer the 25C zippy packs) Good news for returns though - I assume they'll let you return DOA lipo there even if it comes in from China. It's all the same company so hopefully that is the case.

Pity they dont stock wire and connectors but it's good to know they're just down the road from me if I need packs in a hurry :)

Back