Can I make a "cruiser" out of this?

markz

100 TW
I got too many bicycles and I want to try my hand at making this bike a cruiser.
I am thinking a layback seat post to get the feet forward feel, cruiser style handle bars, then go quality rapid fire shimano shifters 3x8, and upgraded brakes.

I have all these off and stored away, fenders, light, meter, the rear rack, the PAS I can not reuse nor wish to.
I have fat bike fenders with no hangers laying around and a nice cruiser style springy seat. I dont care about looks but I want the feel of a cruiser. I want the laid back feeling of riding a cruiser bicycle. So I should add on some decent big pedals and see whats the biggest tire I can stuff on the bike.

Attachments

• Strong.JPG
    Strong.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 570
Look at Dogman's longtail where he extended the rear end; if you do that, and mount your seat where the rack/top of rear wheel is, you'd get something like what you're after.

The problem comes with the handlebars--to get long enough bars you'd have such a wide "tiller arc" that you might have to let go of one of the handlebar ends to make much of a wide turn.

(this is why when I did something kinda like that, to build CrazyBike2, I used remote steering).

Steel right? I'd definitely be looking into modifying longer. It won't really feel cruiser till it has the cruiser wheel base, about 3-4 inches longer than mtb's and commuters.

So in addition to moving the seat back about 3" you need to move the wheel back too. 9" and you have a nice "short" longtail.

That battery tray looks familiar, exactly what I was trying to get from my last years bike build.

Looks like you could cut that tube in front of the seat, half cut and bend the seat posts back, and tilt the seat farther back. then just lengthen the existing swingarm. A taller fork would also get you more rake on the headset.

Back