RC grass mower, Agria 9600

spinningmagnets

Staff member
The blades are still gasoline ICE, but the drive is electric, and the controls are an RC handset. Fully reversible, with zero-turn capability. I would guess the biggest driving force for adoption is likely to be mowing on dangerous slopes. Where I work, someone occasionally flips a riding mower over, usually injuring the operator.

I wonder what useful devices we could cobble together if you remove the mowing engine and use the RC-controlled deck as a base?

Catalog link with specs and info
http://www.agria.de/en-gb/products/Ferngesteuerter-Hochgras-Sichelmulcher/agria-9600/index.html

Company video
https://www.facebook.com/InterestingVP/videos/689243077914161/

9600111_10_en-gb.jpg

I used to mow a golf course slope for many years on a Toro 76" triplex riding mower with a sulky. You actually had to get off and walk next to the sulky on the downward side of the hill to keep the machine moving forward, stretching your arms and legs so your hands could remain on the handlebars and steering so it would stay on the ground. I would compare it to wrestling an alligator out of water.
A previous operator years before on that very slope lost control of the thing and it flipped over on his legs and the rotating reels nearly casterated him as it tumbled down the hill. :shock:

That's brilliant. I wouldn't pay a lot extra to have a mower that I can run from my air-conditioned living room, but....there were plenty of days where I would have loved to clean the snow off of my driveway from a warm living room...sipping coffee and feeling smug.

Imagine a business where where you work in construction, but when it snows, they give you the day off without pay. You drive around with the RC snow-blower on a trailer. Lower the trailer by RC signal, and then drive the snow-machine onto driveways. You communicate with the customers by smart-phone (facebook/email/etc), who paypal you the money. They never leave the house, you never leave the car.

Back