Toys 4 Boys Motorsport and Electric Transport

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
From Calgary in Alberta, Canada. ... New biz has hit the ground running. Gotta get that web site filled in:
"New site coming soon":
http://t4bmotorsports.com/

Usual mix of wheeled transport stuff w/"Toys & Boats" and Apparel and Accessories plus "Powersports" and "Electric" still presently empty.

BUT, meanwhile... They've been busy. One first product already offered:
$_27.JPG

Offering via Kijiji. W/note:ETA: end of March 2017 (Pre-order now, only 10 bikes arriving)

Cafe Racer Style Electric Bike Bicycle 500W
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-scooters-poc...r-style-electric-bike-bicycle-500w/1237179804

But hey, they also say stuff like:
- Innovative products that are not sold in stores
- 0% Financing, Get approved in seconds.
- Fully PDI'ed and tested before getting in your hands.
- Comprehensive warranty and labor policy.
- Free shipping Canada wide on all electric bikes in stock.
- One stop shop. Large selection of electric bikes and scooters.
- Try it before you buy it. Most bikes you will be able to test ride.

Hmmm... Fishing for any interest maybe?

Lessee...

Price: $2199.99 + 50PDI + GST = $2362.50

Specificonatis:

Motor: BAFANG 250 to 500 Wa. Geared Brushless Rear Hub
Ba'ery: Samsung Lithium Ion 36volt 13ah
Controller: Control freak 18ah
Trip Computer: LCD 5 speed display
Range: Approx. 50 km per charge
Charging time: Approx. 4 hours
Speed: 35km/h
Cer6fica6on: EN15194 safety/compliance
Warranty: 5 years on frame, 1 year on electrical components
Electric Bike Frame: A6061 Aluminum Tig welded
Fork: Double Down Chromolly / CNC Alu Made crown set
Gears: 5 speed motor assist with 7 speed Shimano Acera
Brakes: Tektro Hydraulic (180mm front / 160mm rear)
Front Wheel Hub: Aluminium
Stem + Handle bar: Promax Aluminium
Tyres: Kenda 26’x 3.00

Might remind some of current ES thread "Crazy Fat E-Bike Pricing Exposed"? As many/most motorized vehicles go these daze, $2362.50 may seem "cheap"? Good guts to start upgrades? :wink:

They have been around for quite some time, atleast 15 years. They always sold cheap china junk from motorcycles to gas bicycles, elec skateboards & bikes, and last time I was up there they were into truck lighting. Havent been up to their store in many years, but its a good size. Store in front, warehouse in back, so they are paying the rent in a timely manner so they must be doing more then breaking even.

I havent seen much of that style of bike in Calgary, could be a yuppy product with people wanting a vintage tinge to their yuppiness.

Hehe... "cheap china junk from motorcycles to gas bicycles, elec skateboards & bikes"... and "truck lighting". Maybe hoping to come up in the world? (Already wrote here "Fishing for any interest maybe?".) Being a crazy guy, I actually like Retro stuff ("vintage"), and those bikes might remind of a board track racer-style.

Anyway. I'm currently rolling on a recumbent trike w/a lot of "non-standard" components watt makes the trike sorta a "stand out" and maybe helped me to recover the trike the last time it was taken. Might serve these T4B bike owners too if they bite to buy one.

Yeah I'd say they like to gamble a bit and te$t the water$, they were the only store that sold that China junk that I can think of back then. I think the motorcycles were called Gia or Gio, still see that shit in the online classifieds, would be good for casual cottage goers like me, but those toys are banned from the pathways but I still frock around on the gravel road NE of Red Deer, AB. I however have a Honda quad and a Suzuki dirt bike. I havent yet brought my ebike up there, but I'd totally get away with riding the pathways up there. All they care about is 1) The noise and 2) they dont want tore up trails. I will put visiting T4B's on the list of things to do when I am bored.

markz said:
Yeah I'd say they like to gamble a bit and te$t the water$, they were the only store that sold that China junk that I can think of back then. I think the motorcycles were called Gia or Gio, still see that shit in the online classifieds, would be good for casual cottage goers like me, but those toys are banned from the pathways but I still frock around on the gravel road NE of Red Deer, AB. I however have a Honda quad and a Suzuki dirt bike. I havent yet brought my ebike up there, but I'd totally get away with riding the pathways up there. All they care about is 1) The noise and 2) they dont want tore up trails. I will put visiting T4B's on the list of things to do when I am bored.

ACK! Gio? GIO??? ACK! (Danger Will, Danger) Web forum for the Toronto Electric Riders Assoc. has "More than 1000 posts were found." in a search for "gio". Threads titled eg "Front wheel wobble on my S350 GiO"... "My new GIO, stopped working"... "HELP Gio 500 Watt ebike is an endless money pit PLEASE READ :)"... "2 new Gio 500+ scooters not working"... "I AM NOT SELLING GARBAGE. I HAVE A GIZIBO"... "Selling my old Gio for $50"...

DO wish some folks DID research before they buy. :cry:

Back