RM480e Electric Riding Lawn Mower

Apparently it's powered by 4-off 12V 75Ah batteries, so sounds like lead-acid.

https://garagespot.com/ryobi-rm480e-battery-powered-riding-lawnmower/

So, 3.2kWh of lead and cuts for 2 hours
Once Mr Pukert has had his share, that probably leaves about 2kWh to use.
With 2 cutter motors and a traction motor working all at once to total 2 kWh ...1kW of continuous power....doesnt seem to be very powerful ?

Hillhater.

"1kW of continuous power....doesn't seem to be very powerful ?"

No. But if it is anything like the Greenworks 80 volt push mower, it gets a hell of a lot of work, out of very little energy. My neighbor has literally run the wheels off his over the last summer. They sent him replacement rear wheels, at no charge, after the bushings wore out.

rider - I know right, the batteries die and they get quoted a high price for replacements then you scoop it up for cheap.

I like the looks of that, guess they are carering to the younger crowd, or more hipster crowd.

markz said:
rider - I know right, the batteries die and they get quoted a high price for replacements then you scoop it up for cheap.

I like the looks of that, guess they are carering to the younger crowd, or more hipster crowd.
Actually, looks like a pretty nice design with bldc motors and all. If it were the same price and lithium powered would be a great price and design. I have bought 5 ezip scooters on craigslist, because of failed batteries great cheap fun for my kids running them on lipo. If I saw one of these for $500 would snap it up in a minute.

Back