Battery options?

Eurotrash

1 µW
I purchased an electric kart from a kart shop in California. They work with gas karts, and knew absolutely nothing about it. Someone built this kart exactly like it sits, and I really want to get it moving.

I have since been able to figure out the agni 95r motor is good, and so is the Alltrax axe7245 controller. I just need to add the juice!

The controller programming was set to 60V low shutoff, 90V high shutoff, so I assum they were running 72V.

There are 2 battery boxes wired in parallel, so both boxes will need 72v. They each measure 19" long, 5-15/16" wide, 6" tall.

The agni 95r shows a continuous 230A rating, 400A max. 18650 cells do not put out enough A. I'm trying to get as much run time as possible from the space I have.

I considered the a123 pouches, but it seems the size will not fit the dimensions of the existing boxes. I'm open to changing the boxes, once Iv exhausted options of keeping them as is. They are nice, made from a composite material, with bolted holders for the covers.

Im open to suggestions! Just please don't open the debate about how this agni is going to fail, why I didn't use xyz controller, and how expensive these batteries will cost. This is my first electric fun toy, and I really just want to play!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2017-05-29 23.00.40.jpg
    2017-05-29 23.00.40.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 556
Eurotrash said:
I purchased an electric kart from a kart shop in California. They work with gas karts, and knew absolutely nothing about it. Someone built this kart exactly like it sits, and I really want to get it moving.

Have you spoken to whom ever converted it to electric about availability of parts

The controller programming was set to 60V low shutoff, 90V high shutoff, so I assum they were running 72V.

72v sounds like a max voltage with that controller. http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_AXE.html

There are 2 battery boxes wired in parallel, so both boxes will need 72v. They each measure 19" long, 15/16" wide, 6" tall.

15/16" wide? I don't understand that.

The agni 95r shows a continuous 230A rating, 400A max. 18650 cells do not put out enough A.
Yea they do. Some of them anyway. But if you are racing or just want a lot of quick amps, use RC lipo. Just know if miss handled it will burn your house down. It is the cheapest lipo around and packs the most punch for the size weight and money. It is also the most dangerous.

I considered the a123 pouches, but it seems the size will not fit the dimensions of the existing boxes. I'm open to changing the boxes, once Iv exhausted options of keeping them as is. They are nice, made from a composite material, with bolted holders for the covers.

Stock dimension of you battery boxes are the least of your worries. Change the boxes to fit the best battery.

:D

Back