Extreme Tandem Ebike 2 x mid 2 x hub

Has anyone here built a tandem E-bike that has a mid drive on each crank and an electric front hub and an electric rear hub?? So 4 motors in total??

Iv'e had this hilarious idea for a long time now and can picture my self pivoting 5 feet up in the air, on the front seat of a tandem bicycle as it wheelies haha!!

If anyone has done this, or knows of anyone doing this, could they let me know. I have a cromotor thats barely been used, and a crystalyte crown at home that's sitting there doing nothing, and was thinking I could perhaps do this crazy project. Obviously I would need to get some fairly powerful mid drives from somewhere. Probably do some structural modifications to handle all the torque etc. Then a really beefy rear chain to handle 2 mid drives worth of torque.

Well if its going to wheely, the front motor is a waste of time, weight, and money.
So why complicate it with the mid drive /hub multimotor set up ?... Just strap a Zero motor unto the rear triangle and ride it solo !
..But then again, why not just ride a Zero . :wink:

I'm tipping with 4 motors, 4 controllers, probly 2 or 4 batteries 2throttles and 2CA'sYou are going to have some huge issues.....
Not the least of which is how to equalise power across all 4 drives. Then there's the expense... sounds like about 8k already.
I would save about a squillion dollars and buy one massively overpowered hub set up, stick it on a beefed up rear and be done with it. It'd still push you stupid fast.
Unless of course you want the build...
Then I'd say go for it- post often!

Back