Stealth Bomber VS Vector Typhoon V2 14000 watt

vkadam

100 µW
Hi guys

A few weeks ago I bought a Stealth Fighter F37 as my first electric bike to basically test the waters/see if I liked riding it and was getting good use out of it etc. I do quite enjoy riding it but would like more power. My desire for increased power comes from the fact that I live at the top of quite a long steep hill. Ideally I would like something that could sit on 60+ KPH up hills without pedaling. I have been looking at videos online and browsing this forum and am thinking about upgrading to either the Bomber or Typhoon:

http://www.stealthelectricbikes.com/stealth-b-52-bomber/
http://www.vectorebike.com/bikes/typhoon-v2-0-10000-watt.html

I would like to get some opinions on these bikes as they are relatively similarly priced. The way I see it the Typhoon has almost triple the wattage, has a longer range, is more water resistant, has inbuilt powered lights and has a 250w pedal assist only mode making it "legal" where I live (Australia). To me this makes it appear to be the clear winner on paper. Please let me know if there are significant points in favour of the bomber or if I am clearly missing something in my analysis. The factors the bomber has going for it that I can see are local support from a more established brand (I have a dealer near me), as well as a possible reliability advantage (I did see a thread on here where a typhoon burnt to the ground).

The bike will mainly be used to commute on trips of max 50kms with possibly the odd ride on a dirt track. If people have viable alternatives to the two options listed above then please let me know. Please keep in mind that I am after a pre-built bike rather than building my own custom one. Whilst I have the utmost respect for those of you on here who have acquired the skills and knowledge necessary to build your own bikes from the ground up, at this stage I do not believe I have sufficient time to dedicate to this. I think the options above do offer pretty reasonable value for what they are and I would think the time commitment to build an equivalent option would be huge.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Adam

if you want that much power just get a 125cc motorbike pushing 14000w when the law is 250w is way over the top and will look bad on all the other ebike riders even 2000w will take you up a good hill at 25mph 14000w is a 70mph + bike and as much as i like ebikes i wont help anyone with riding that on the road illegally

I have also noticed that there is a dedicated e-bike section on this forum. I might repost the question in there as it is more relevant and this thread can be deleted.

14,000 watts. RIP. Although it looks like the one posted is speed limited to 50mph. Still it begs the question, if you can't technically get a motorcycle license I'm sure you can't technically ride a 14kw "ebike". You don't need anywhere close to 14kw to go up a hill at the speed you're talking about. That said, if you do get it I'd love to see a video, especially when you run into the police going 50mph up a steep hill. And I guarantee you will want to go up the hill at 50mph if you spend 6200 dollars on an overpowered ebike. lol. What is the hill gradient and distance?

vkadam said:
I do not have and cannot obtain a motorcycle licence so the 125cc is not an option. My understanding is that either of the bikes listed above do not necessarily have to be ridden at 70mph. They have a twist throttle and if you don't apply full throttle they do not provide full acceleration or reach top speed. My previous car was a 500kw R34 skyline and I often drove it on the street and even through car parks and areas with pedestrians. Although the car was capable of great speed and acceleration, I found that through simple throttle modulation I was able to drive the car at slow speeds when required. For example, I had the ability to drive at 5KPH in multi level car parks even though the top speed of the car was much higher than this. I honestly cannot see any reason why the same would not be able to be achieved with either of the bikes listed above. I really do not think the top speed potential is such an issue that it should prevent me from considering those options. Surely they must have the ability to apply partial throttle, otherwise they would be truly dangerous.

As I said in my original post, the main reason I am looking for more power is the fact that I live at the top of a long steep hill. You say that 2000w will take you up a good hill at 25 mph. However, I recently watched a video where someone tests out an E-bike's climbing ability at various power levels and at 2000w it comes to a dead stop on a steep hill. Here is a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llttrvNxFyM

I have also noticed that there is a dedicated e-bike section on this forum. I might repost the question in there as it is more relevant and this thread can be deleted.
FYI that video is junk speeds are way off for the wattage and the hill clime is more about phase amps so it seems the bike they are using has controller limitations it would have been a much better test if they left the amps alone and changed the voltage
I can assure you that 40mph is around 3000-3500 on the flat plus hub motors cant touch a mid drive given the same power level

Link to a video of these vaporware mid drives beating B-52s up a hill. There's a guy near me with the latest greatest 3500 watt mid drive, I'll ask him to post up (if he's a member) how he's done against either one of my Bombers. Maybe Ill just GoPro our next encounter?

Kneelb4ZOD said:
14,000 watts. RIP. Although it looks like the one posted is speed limited to 50mph. Still it begs the question, if you can't technically get a motorcycle license I'm sure you can't technically ride a 14kw "ebike". You don't need anywhere close to 14kw to go up a hill at the speed you're talking about. That said, if you do get it I'd love to see a video, especially when you run into the police going 50mph up a steep hill. And I guarantee you will want to go up the hill at 50mph if you spend 6200 dollars on an overpowered ebike. lol. What is the hill gradient and distance?

That is not the only bike I am considering. I contacted Vector and to be honest a few things put me off a bit:

- they said the bike was 6000 Euro which is more expensive than the equivalent USD price on their website
- there is no proper AU charger
- they said they might have to ship the battery multiple times at my cost because they have not done it before and there might be "difficulties"
- it will require significant assembly

The bomber and Typhoon were the two options I was aware of before I came on this forum. I made a thread in the E-bike section to get some more opinions from other E bike riders. My asking about these E bikes was such a controversial topic and got people so wound up, that it left spinningmagnets no option but to lock the thread before things just got too wild and spiraled out of control.

Before this happened I was informed about several additional options though. Here are the bikes I am now considering:

------------------------------- Watts ------total AU$
Vector Typhoon --------------14000------$10766
Stealth Bomber---------------5200 -------$10500
Hyena Alpha 10kw------------10000-------$9900
Qulbix Q76R ------------------10000-------$9000
Hyena Beta 8kw--------------8000 --------$8900
Hyena beta 5kw--------------5000 --------$7900
Re-cycles black tank 5kw-----5000 --------$5819
F37 upgrade to 8kw-----------8000--------$5000
F37 upgrade to 5kw-----------5000--------$4000

The total AU$ for Australian sellers just includes the cost of the bikes from the seller. For international sellers I have added freight and customs duties in order to give a more meaningful comparison for me, in terms of the cost to actually get the bike.

I am still in discussions with a couple of sellers. I might not put too much more info here until I do a bit more research. When I have narrowed my choice down a bit more I might create an updated thread in the E-bike section.

My thoughts right now are that I really like the subtle look and small frames of the Hyena Beta 8kw and Qulbix Q76R.

Don't sweat the negativity. Haters gunna hate, plenty of ppl here build fast bikes and are keen for more power. Fortunately, you've got a good range of proven options with support located in Aus.

Keep us updated on your decision and the results.

Rube said:
Don't sweat the negativity. Haters gunna hate, plenty of ppl here build fast bikes and are keen for more power. Fortunately, you've got a good range of proven options with support located in Aus.

Keep us updated on your decision and the results.

Its not about spreading hate there is a lot of difference between someone that has 5 posts and is new to e-bikes / the forum and the guys that have been here years and done a crap load of miles on ebikes slowly going up in power i have worked on everything from 200w electric bikes to 80,000w+ motorbikes

i am not a big fan of the way the laws are but once you get over 1kw your getting to the point that you are a risk to others as much as you are to yourself the only reason i hesitate to give out info on the crazy power bikes is because i have been hit by one it destroyed my bike cost me a week off work and the guy just legged it and was never found :/

This is what you have to remember every time you go out on a bike that is over powered if you get hit / you hit someone you will have 2 choices

1 stay there deal with the fact you broke a bunch of laws and harmed someone and accept the consequences
2 take the easy option and run and to avoid the responsibility of your actions

So what it comes down to is this we have 3 types of e-bikes
1 legal
2 illegal but practical bikes that should be under a fast ebike law (28mph)
3 bikes that should be registered as moped / motorbikes due to the power and speed its not that expensive and covers your ass if you crash

i have decided that i would like more range and speed than my e-bike has so i am doing it the right way and getting a motorbike A licence so i can ride bikes of any power i will then pickup a cheap motorbike with a trashed engine and convert it to electric why bother with an illegal bike with slower speed and less range when i can ride a 100mph capable motorbike that i can insure

I just purchased a 72 volt 3000 watt FC-1 stealth bomber ebike 2 days ago now and have ridden it twice now. I am extremely happy with the purchase I only paid $3,800 for it on ebay with free shipping although as soon as I purchased the Ebike, the seller raised the price to $4,600 but I still got mine for $3,600. The fc-1 bomber in 72 volt is more like a motorcycle than a bicycle. I love it for off-road dirt bike riding. It has a hell of a lot of power. I have gotten it up to 63.4mph on a level Road so far. If you are just purchasing this bike to go up a hill no matter how steep it is you can easily go 50 miles at a 45 degree incline Hill no problem with this bike! It is a blast to ride though, so I would definitely consider it!

icculus said:
I just purchased a 72 volt 3000 watt FC-1 stealth bomber ebike 2 days ago now and have ridden it twice now. I am extremely happy with the purchase I only paid $3,800 for it on ebay with free shipping although as soon as I purchased the Ebike, the seller raised the price to $4,600 but I still got mine for $3,600. The fc-1 bomber in 72 volt is more like a motorcycle than a bicycle. I love it for off-road dirt bike riding. It has a hell of a lot of power. I have gotten it up to 63.4mph on a level Road so far. If you are just purchasing this bike to go up a hill no matter how steep it is you can easily go 50 miles at a 45 degree incline Hill no problem with this bike! It is a blast to ride though, so I would definitely consider it!

63 mph on 3000 watt hub motor/system, seems like a lot. May I ask how much you weigh ?

I dont get into the drama, read a few statements, something about 6k euro and no dice.
Wouldn't it be wiser.... to figure out.... the layout.... for a full suspension downhill bike.... from a brand name manufacturer like Specialized, Kona, Rocky Mountain etc who have spent tons of cash on design, testing, etc on every single bike, and who have real engineers working for them......................

But yeah 14kw through bicycle drive train, why, things are going to break all the time unless you go rear hub of course. I am not one to judge, nor care, I think those bikes like the Stealth Bomber and Vector Typhoon are awesome and cool, do as you wish, so I dont hate them. Its just if I had that power, riding on walkways, pathways and parks just more of a chance a snowflake may whip out their rat device and ring the fuzz.

Layout as in battery placement, what I meant. Triangle bag, whatever. Reason why you go with those types of bikes. So yeah, maybe a different format battery, pouches, prismatics.

Back