EU legal build.

anonafyo

1 µW
Hi! I'm building a bike that follows EU regelations. (250w, 25kmh/15mph motor cut off.)

I want it to be as clean as possible without unneccesary cables and such.
Do you have any recomendations for motor? Higest torque possible. Is ther any option with built in controller?
I want a solution that have either the controller built in the motor or batterypack, is this to much to ask?
I have no clue.

Thanks.

250W :roll:

Why not go with a 500W motor and buy a 250W holographic sticker.
I know Golden Motor has built in controllers, Magic Pie. Its not an ideal setup having a built in controller.
https://www.goldenmotor.com/magicpie/magicpie.html

Another awesome purchase would be a Leaf motor with their own display. Which is what I should have bought instead of the Conhismotor kit.
http://leafbike.com/
you can get the KT display with the kit, my 8th motor will be 1500W.

anonafyo said:
Hi! I'm building a bike that follows EU regelations. (250w, 25kmh/15mph motor cut off.)

I want it to be as clean as possible without unneccesary cables and such.
Do you have any recomendations for motor? Higest torque possible. Is ther any option with built in controller?
I want a solution that have either the controller built in the motor or batterypack, is this to much to ask?
I have no clue.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

"Highest torque possible" won't come from any hub motor. for torque you need gear reduction from a mid drive.
"Controller in the motor" is possible, but only a couple hub motors have it. A few mid drives do as well.
"Clean as possible" can be done, but it limits the choices. It depends also on how you define "clean"

Those 3 things narrow your choices down to the BBS01 mid drive. It's a mid drive with the controller in the motor housing, it replaces your pedals and crank, and drives through your chain, so when you need more torque, you shift down as you would when pedaling.

Now as far as EU legal goes, You will find most users of forums like this one don't agree with those laws as written. The speed limit makes sense in many cases, but the power level restriction serves no real purpose. A bike with 350 to 500 watts of power becomes far more usable in an urban environment, especially on hills and when avoiding traffic.
A BBS02 would be the illegal but nearly identical looking and more serviceable alternative.

BionX 250D Setup.

50Nm at the rear wheel. Built in 48V 33A Controller. Legal 250W System... Very good recuperation brake system. Can run up to 50km/h in 28" wheel, but legally has to stop at 25km/h.

Back