Cit-Kar: four-wheeled pedelec

General Discussion about electric vehicles.
100 GW
100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Cit-Kar: four-wheeled pedelec

Post by LockH » Feb 23, 2018 11:28 pm

Hehe... ESB "Search found 0 matches: Cit Kar"...

Seen here: Cit-Kar: four-wheeled pedelec with a roof from Berlin: ... of-berlin/

Berlin-based startup Cit-Kar is working on a pedal-assist bike of the same name. It runs on four wheels and that is not the only reminiscence of the car, as the e-bike features weather shelter and heavy load capabilities. Plus, it is more than a concept.

The small company with its two founders is taking their Berlin base seriously as they plan to produce at a site in the belt (Brandenburg) that surrounds the German capital. By mid-2018 they want the first Cit-Kars to roll to clients and say it got selected to take part in a pilot from a “large delivery service.”

Pre-orders stand at 750 units according to the company. For now though, the Cit-Kar is in its third iteration and this latest prototype is about to enter the internal testing phase. It is constructed as a pedelec and boasts a range of 200 kilometres with a load capacity of 300 kilos.
Deutsch sprechen?:

Cit-Kar 2. Prototype in Aktion.
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.) ... =3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc) ... 15&t=60564

100 GW
100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Re: Cit-Kar: four-wheeled pedelec

Post by amberwolf » Feb 24, 2018 2:05 am

Too bad it's illegal in a lot of places (bicycle-class stuff frequently being limited to three wheels in contact with the ground, but not meeting car requirements either).

I wonder exactly which places it actually could be legally used on the roads?

100 W
100 W

Post by Raisedeyebrows » Feb 24, 2018 2:39 am

I'd both laugh and cheer if this thing ended up being the modern VW Beetle, to where you'd have a hard time driving down a street without seeing one. Prius is pretty much like that here.
Yuba Mundo w/BBSHD
Specialized Hard Rock w/9c clone, statoraid, hubsink
Trek Fuel 90 w/BBSHD
Above all run on 14s4p 52v li-ion
Ecobike folder 36v
Currie Flyer scooter 24v on 24ah of SLA

100 GW
100 GW

Post by Chalo » Feb 24, 2018 2:46 am

amberwolf wrote:
Feb 24, 2018 2:05 am
I wonder exactly which places it actually could be legally used on the roads?
It seems like it might qualify as a voiture sans permis in France.

With mirrors, a horn, and a seat belt, it would meet most US states' criteria for a neighborhood electric vehicle.
This is to express my gratitude to Justin of Grin Technologies for his extraordinary measures to save this forum for the benefit of all.