Cit-Kar: four-wheeled pedelec

General Discussion about electric vehicles.
LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Cit-Kar: four-wheeled pedelec

Post by LockH » Feb 23 2018 11:28pm

Hehe... ESB "Search found 0 matches: Cit Kar"...

Seen here: Cit-Kar: four-wheeled pedelec with a roof from Berlin:
https://www.electrive.com/2018/02/19/ci ... of-berlin/

Starts:
Berlin-based startup Cit-Kar is working on a pedal-assist bike of the same name. It runs on four wheels and that is not the only reminiscence of the car, as the e-bike features weather shelter and heavy load capabilities. Plus, it is more than a concept.

The small company with its two founders is taking their Berlin base seriously as they plan to produce at a site in the belt (Brandenburg) that surrounds the German capital. By mid-2018 they want the first Cit-Kars to roll to clients and say it got selected to take part in a pilot from a “large delivery service.”

Pre-orders stand at 750 units according to the company. For now though, the Cit-Kar is in its third iteration and this latest prototype is about to enter the internal testing phase. It is constructed as a pedelec and boasts a range of 200 kilometres with a load capacity of 300 kilos.
Deutsch sprechen?:
https://www.citkar.de/

Cit-Kar 2. Prototype in Aktion.
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60564

Joined yer local chapter of EA yet?
(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Re: Cit-Kar: four-wheeled pedelec

Post by amberwolf » Feb 24 2018 2:05am

Too bad it's illegal in a lot of places (bicycle-class stuff frequently being limited to three wheels in contact with the ground, but not meeting car requirements either).

I wonder exactly which places it actually could be legally used on the roads?

Raisedeyebrows   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Raisedeyebrows » Feb 24 2018 2:39am

I'd both laugh and cheer if this thing ended up being the modern VW Beetle, to where you'd have a hard time driving down a street without seeing one. Prius is pretty much like that here.
Yuba Mundo w/BBSHD
Specialized Hard Rock w/9c clone, statoraid, hubsink
Trek Fuel 90 w/BBSHD
Above all run on 14s4p 52v li-ion
Ecobike folder 36v
Currie Flyer scooter 24v on 24ah of SLA

Every trip made with electric bike is one less car trip, saves money, no toxic fumes, less noise, less impact on roads.

Chalo   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Chalo » Feb 24 2018 2:46am

amberwolf wrote:
Feb 24 2018 2:05am
I wonder exactly which places it actually could be legally used on the roads?
It seems like it might qualify as a voiture sans permis in France.

With mirrors, a horn, and a seat belt, it would meet most US states' criteria for a neighborhood electric vehicle.
This is to express my gratitude to Justin of Grin Technologies for his extraordinary measures to save this forum for the benefit of all.