Cit-Kar: four-wheeled pedelec

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Hehe... ESB "Search found 0 matches: Cit Kar"...

city-kar-02-444x222.png

Seen here: Cit-Kar: four-wheeled pedelec with a roof from Berlin:
https://www.electrive.com/2018/02/19/cit-kar-four-wheeled-pedelec-roof-berlin/

Starts:
Berlin-based startup Cit-Kar is working on a pedal-assist bike of the same name. It runs on four wheels and that is not the only reminiscence of the car, as the e-bike features weather shelter and heavy load capabilities. Plus, it is more than a concept.

The small company with its two founders is taking their Berlin base seriously as they plan to produce at a site in the belt (Brandenburg) that surrounds the German capital. By mid-2018 they want the first Cit-Kars to roll to clients and say it got selected to take part in a pilot from a “large delivery service.”

Pre-orders stand at 750 units according to the company. For now though, the Cit-Kar is in its third iteration and this latest prototype is about to enter the internal testing phase. It is constructed as a pedelec and boasts a range of 200 kilometres with a load capacity of 300 kilos.

Deutsch sprechen?:
https://www.citkar.de/

Cit-Kar 2. Prototype in Aktion.
[youtube]00KCSC5LjKk[/youtube]

Too bad it's illegal in a lot of places (bicycle-class stuff frequently being limited to three wheels in contact with the ground, but not meeting car requirements either).

I wonder exactly which places it actually could be legally used on the roads?

I'd both laugh and cheer if this thing ended up being the modern VW Beetle, to where you'd have a hard time driving down a street without seeing one. Prius is pretty much like that here.

amberwolf said:
I wonder exactly which places it actually could be legally used on the roads?

It seems like it might qualify as a voiture sans permis in France.

With mirrors, a horn, and a seat belt, it would meet most US states' criteria for a neighborhood electric vehicle.

Back