Advised torque etc settings for 5kw 72v Golden Moter engine for a relatively heavy vehicle

Hi al,

New member so thank you for having me,
I'm Jop from the loverly city of Amsterdam and due to the environmental zone we now have here in town (and because its just cool as heck) I'm converting my vintage 2-stroke 50cc Gazelle Apollo motor-carrier (3 wheeled transport motorcycle, google "bakbrommer" for pictures) into an all electric vehicle.

I am nearly done, I chose the 72v 5kw Golden Motor with the sine wave controller and 6 105Ah AGM batteries. But now I obviously need to program my controller.

I already calculated my allowed 45km/h top speed back to RPM but I was wondering if you people can advise me on ball park estimates of the other settings I should program in so that I can get from the starting line at a decent speed but not so fast I blow up my back wheel or chain.

My estimate is that my vehicle all done inc batteries will be about 300kg excluding my 90kg as a driver.

Also any other tips and tricks are very welcome, I have my MOD road legal/e-conversion check upcoming Friday.

thank you in advance and obviously I will post an extensive topic with all my build and result pictures soon.

cheers,
Jop

I say, just keep the torque settings on stock and just try it out. 8)

There is no way 5KW is gonna break anything. I used to ride with 5,5KW on max settings with a Jonway Scooter.
I am also in the middle of converting a 50cc CPI SM with the same 5.5KW Controller.

Back