Looking for Info on Sur Ron Firefly

GoalieGuy84

10 µW
I've been trying to find out if, or when, Sur Ron Firefly will be available for sale, and where in Canada I might be able to purchase/order one. Thanks to anyone who can give me any information!

Luna Cycle is the exclusive North American distributor of the Sur-ron "light bee" (this would include canada ?) so contact them and inquire about shipping to Canada.. if not then you could buy it directly from china and have it imported to you..

USA / N. america :
https://lunacycle.com/sur-ron-mx-electric/

China direct :
https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=552799556962&spm=a1z10.1-b-s.w11956368-16618629596.1.ALIX8g

main Sur-ron thread :
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=89902

Fantastic! Thank you! Not a lot of information out there, just a lot of talk about that bike!

GoalieGuy84 said:
Fantastic! Thank you! Not a lot of information out there, just a lot of talk about that bike!

let us know if you do get a Sur-ron shipped to Canada and how much was shipping, etc..

will you try to get it street legal in your location or will it be primarily for off-road use??

More off road than on road, but there would places where I'd have to be on the road as part of the route, so both. Does anyone know if the Firefly if available now, or only pre-orders?

GoalieGuy84 said:
More off road than on road, but there would places where I'd have to be on the road as part of the route, so both. Does anyone know if the Firefly if available now, or only pre-orders?

I think that you will probably have to order and then wait for your turn in the queue.. any in stock at the distributor are likely already pre-sold.. they seem to be selling like hot cakes.. also the correct name of the model is "light bee" not firefly (according to the manufacturer) .. because firefly brand name is already trademarked elsewhere..

Keep in mind it is "illegal in all 50 states" so I assume that also includes all Canadian provinces. Off road on private property only.

Thank you for telling me about the Light Bee vs. Firefly names! I think this is why I've had so much trouble locating one! Much thanks! And I think in Canada it would require a license and insurance for on road, still looking into all of that. Thanks again!

Remember, it doesn't have a pedal system (unless you purchase the useless add-on). Also, AFAIK, there's no VIN # so I don't think it can be registered in my state (CA); what's the situation in Canada?

2old said:
Remember, it doesn't have a pedal system (unless you purchase the useless add-on). Also, AFAIK, there's no VIN # so I don't think it can be registered in my state (CA); what's the situation in Canada?

maybe luna and others will start to follow this leadership.. :

Electroncycles.co.uk will be selling Sur-ron light bee fully road legal with full registration documents by the end of June 2018 (should be mid June)..

"These have be homologated to DVLC standards similar to a 125cc motorbike. The same bike as the off road weapon with all its downhill off road capabilities but the ability to go on the roads. Imagine whizzing off to work in one of these less than 25p a charge. 45 miles and 45mph, then on the weekends, go motorcrossing down your favourite green lane. Quiet, no complaints and no fear of being nicked. The kit pushes the price up another £450, but no tax and no fuel! Maybe they don’t compete direct with a motorbike, but I love the alternative green no hassle of this mental piece of kit. Do you know we actually sank one in testing and it still kept going? Ran a two hour endurance race with a 14 stone rider and didn’t even get hot! I can tell you now, as soon as they land they will be sold and I’ll own one riding around the streets of London for sure. Just think how something so small will pass through traffic. I doubt my MT10 MC would keep up! 200mm triple crown forks for off road - says it all.
For you in Europe. If it has UK registration, it be given automatic registration in your country too!
For more details, check out the web page under “bikes” Electroncycles.co.uk"

Back