Leaf Ebike 1500W Bike controller VS MagicPie Controller both 48V Swapable?

mightbaal

100 mW
Ok well I have the leaf motor RWD 1500W kit but I also have a 1000W Magic Pie FWD bike. I currently do not have a battery for the Magic Pie bike and its been hanging for 2 years but not the Leaf E-Bike. Now I opened up both controllers and noticed the 1500W leaf controller has 13 Mosfets 3 63V Cap. and the board is much smaller. I opened up the Magic pie controller and noticed it has 15 Mosfets and 3 63V caps. The top speed of the magic Pie is like 28 MPH and the Leaf is like 30 mph (215 lb rider). Can I use the magic Pie controller for the Leaf motor? The leaf bike is a 29 inch tire the magic pie is a 26 inch tire. I noticed even tho my woman is much lighter than me when we had both bikes out the magic pie bike went up hills much better she passed me up pretty good. I just want to get some more juice for hills (maybe?) with the other controller? I am waiting for a 18 MOSFET 1500W controller from ebay thats good from 48-72V it says as I have 300 high discharge 18650 batteries, spacers, a 16S BMS, and plenty of thick Nickel strips with a 709A tab welder but I dont think I can use the 59.2V (nominal) 67.2V charged pack I want to make with these controllers I have now.

Or a 52v (58.8 fully charged) one.

You might be disappointed in the swap, as part of the difference is the wheel size... 29er lags going uphill compared to a similar power 26".

Another difference is that the MagicPie and the LeafBike have different turn counts which makes for different RPMs per Volt.

Back