Speed level questions for the rear hub kit I installed

Did my first DIY recumbent etrike install, have 750 miles so far, love it but have some questions. I bought a 26” Voilamart 48V 750/1000W rear brushless gearless hub motor. At 1000W it does 33 mph on flat ground, at 750W option it does 17.8 mph max on flat ground, despite the sellers claimn of 24 mph at 750W. Do I need to reset something on my SW900 perhaps?

Also, the Pedal Assist is always full power, 1000W, trike takes off full force. Contacting seller, they tell me that is the only option, despite this in the ad for the kit:

* Adjustable 5 level intelligent pedal assist with twist throttle
* LCD display shows battery level and pedal assistance settings
* Crank speed sensor for 8 Point High Efficient Pedal Assist

Is there something on the SW900 I can do to adjust that as well or is this controlled by the controller?
Additional information, if it helps. My battery is a 48V 1000W 15 Ah Lithium Ion. Here is the information printed on the controller:

DC MOTO CONTROLLER BY LITHIUM BATTERY
Voltage: DC 36-48V Off Road: 26+ 1A (1000W)
In Rcad (with speed limitor): 22+ 1A (750W)
SPEET SETI:1.1-4.2VDUAL MODE Booster:1:1

Thanks much for any help or suggestions!

Sellers claim

The claims most sellers make, are there to get you to buy their product, the claims have no basis. If you bought online, then that is most likely the case.

Search
SW900 - https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=SW900
SW900 PAS - https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=SW900+pas

From my quick scan, you'd need the lcd display to get into the controller and change settings. Its like the KT display kits.

Recumbent Ron said:
Did my first DIY recumbent etrike install, have 750 miles so far, love it but have some questions. I bought a 26” Voilamart 48V 750/1000W rear brushless gearless hub motor. At 1000W it does 33 mph on flat ground, at 750W option it does 17.8 mph max on flat ground, despite the sellers claimn of 24 mph at 750W.

My guess is that it has too fast a winding and doesn't exert enough torque at 750W to propel your bike at the implied speed. It might behave better with the "1000W" setting but running on a 36V battery, if it's capable of doing that.

Quote(Also, the Pedal Assist is always full power, 1000W, trike takes off full force)

I also bought the voilament kit and had the same problem,the way i solved it was to replace the sw900 with a kt3 screen and i could then tone down the takeoff speed.The sw900 in my eyes is a piece of junk.

Andy1956

I'm in the same boat! Are you saying

You were able to use a KT LCD3 with the kit controller?
Everything works?
Did you have to change any plugs or cables?

I just want to make sure before I buy the KT LCD3.

Thanks in advance

RC

rrrccc01 said:
Andy1956

I'm in the same boat! Are you saying

You were able to use a KT LCD3 with the kit controller?
Everything works?
Did you have to change any plugs or cables?

I just want to make sure before I buy the KT LCD3.

Thanks in advance

RC
Did you ever try the Kt LCD3?
Im having same issue with mine.

@Rsmk4turbo, I also have the SW900LCD and yes, it's terrible for PAS. I didn't spend much time with it initially, as I already had a spare KT controller with LCD3 display. I've come to like KT's torque simulation PAS. Anyway, the LCD3 does not work in place of my SW900. It ights up. That's all. I had to use the whole combo of new LCD/controller. Mine is an ebikeling kit, BTW.

I did try the SW900 and its controller again for an hour last weekend. Try setting P11 and P12. Lower values make the system start up with lower watts, but also increase the delay before pedal assist starts after the pedals move. Maybe several seconds. Pretty terrible response.

Thanks for your response, im giving up on this SW900 LCD to be honest, now i have another bike with a KT-LCD3 and it works perfect and can i simply buy another KT-LCD3 and use it in place of my SW900 on the other bike or will i need to a KT controller also?

As a followup to this post I started, I bought a Cycle Analyst 3 and it solved all my problems. Once I discovered how great the CA3 is, how much you can program it, I'm now going to buy Grin controller and Crystalyte motor for my new trike.

Back