Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

General Discussion about electric vehicles.
liteglow   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: May 21 2018 5:21pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by liteglow » Aug 15 2020 11:18am

Is it possible to LOG data from Votol 150 during runs?
All the data is there when connected to PC (Amp/Rpm/volt) so it should in theory be possible to make a log file.

Anyone done something like this before?

liteglow   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: May 21 2018 5:21pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by liteglow » Aug 17 2020 12:17pm

Is this section of forum dead?

I was testing different settings on my controller today, more flux and less flux.

But now I can't get it to run again, when I give throttle it barely turning it around.

If I push the wheel with my hands it turns around very slow, only draw 0,4AMP, and no error codes.

I did have a Overcurrent error when tested before today.
Not sure if the controller is in safe mode or anything like that?

j bjork   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 702
Joined: Aug 31 2018 3:01pm
Location: Linköping, Sweden

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by j bjork » Aug 17 2020 12:46pm

Have you tried to load earlier settings?
The program is a bit buggy, so I think there may have been changes you cant see.

I want to log too, I sometimes get cutouts so I have to stop for it to work again.
(I dont have to turn off the controller, only stand still)
Last time it happened twice in regen braking going downhill, it has only happened when giving throttle before.
My guess is that it is overcurrent, but I dont know. It usually bumps around a lot, loosing and getting traction, that seems to be the hardest for controllers to handle.

I have very weak regen at first, but that may be protection from high voltage. I run 90-90,5v when fresh of the charger.
Last time I had another strange thing happening, at first it had very low power. That was when I hit the tracks, I drove 500m or something to the track first, and didnt notice anything strange.

Sometimes the regen stops working, but then there seems to be power limit too. So I guess that is overtemp protection.

liteglow   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: May 21 2018 5:21pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by liteglow » Aug 17 2020 2:37pm

I finally got it working again.
I had to set flux more than 60, then my motor spins again. everything below 59 did not work lol.

I have only used this controller for 1 test drive, but I already feels that I want to change to controller that have better specs\logging\software .

I also tried the brake\regen without any success.

When I try to enable Down Hill Brake, my motor continues to run when you release throttle !!
Insane how this controller works :roll:

I also cant see that any of the gear\sport mode does any different.
I can see in my display it goes from mode 1-2-3, but throttle is the same.

I also tried to set AMP limit to 10A, but it still pull 30+ :bolt:

liteglow   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: May 21 2018 5:21pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by liteglow » Aug 18 2020 6:44am

I could really need some help.

I got my mid drive 3000W QS motor, EM150 Votol.

I got alot of torgue in revers, but not forward.
And I can't understand why.

If anyone could share som settings for the mid drive, that would be great.

Taysluppy   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 12
Joined: Jul 05 2020 8:24pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by Taysluppy » Aug 18 2020 1:12pm

nardcox wrote:
Aug 14 2020 6:21am
Hi all, I've just hooked up my Votol EM150 to a 20S20P but nothing happend.
What does the Votol need at a minimum to do something?
I've only connected the bat + & -, 3 motor wires, hall sensor and accelerator cable.
E Lock wire needs to be wired to bat + I have EM100 and E lock requires full battery power

GITO   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 1
Joined: Aug 17 2020 3:19pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by GITO » Aug 20 2020 3:22am

Hi , i am new in the forum , and sorry for me english .
Recent i buy new ebike with votol controller , i think is model em-50 but in the program appear EM-100 .
The bike configuration is :
-Hub Motor Yuma 3000w 17 inch
- 35A 72V li tion battery
- votol controller EM-50

Ebike found well , but take the max speed more slow , i have soco TS 50 and torque is similar than this , and take 70 km/h with 1200w bosch motor 60v , this new ebike only have 10 km/h more than soco TS ¿ this is normal in this motor ? .

i put the votol controller configuratiom . Is is posible tell me any strange parameter put the brand to limit the motor .

thank you very much for all .

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

liteglow   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: May 21 2018 5:21pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by liteglow » Aug 20 2020 8:00am

liteglow wrote:
Aug 18 2020 6:44am
I could really need some help.

I got my mid drive 3000W QS motor, EM150 Votol.

I got alot of torgue in revers, but not forward.
And I can't understand why.

If anyone could share som settings for the mid drive, that would be great.
No one ?

I cant get my controller running.
I got 1% power, but I reach 82kph (no load), it just takes 20 seconds to get there.

I can`t adjust any Flux level, as the motor will NOT turn if I change it less or more than 60 !
Any ideas would be great.

This sh¤¤¤t controller soon goes into the trash.

j bjork   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 702
Joined: Aug 31 2018 3:01pm
Location: Linköping, Sweden

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by j bjork » Aug 20 2020 8:07am

I dont think anyone can tell you if something is wrong with your settings, without knowing your settings.

liteglow   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: May 21 2018 5:21pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by liteglow » Aug 20 2020 2:08pm

j bjork wrote:
Aug 20 2020 8:07am
I dont think anyone can tell you if something is wrong with your settings, without knowing your settings.
Sorry, I did post my settings in another post.


But regardless my settings, I think there is something wrong.
When I check "soft start" motor is not starting at all.

I dont have a switch to change mode, but in software it`s set to MIDDLE by default.
So if I set my middle settings how I want them, there should be no need to add a switch ?

liteglow   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: May 21 2018 5:21pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by liteglow » Aug 20 2020 5:18pm

I have done another test with my Votol.
Using 100% working settings.

But my motor run at 10A max, only run when no load.
It get top speed, but I can stop wheel with my hand.

Any idea what this can be?
It's like av AMP limit I can't control.

philjk2007   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 6
Joined: May 28 2018 1:42pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by philjk2007 » Aug 20 2020 8:58pm

I am having a very hard time connecting to my votol EM-150P. WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR!!!. my motor runs fine and so does my ct-22 speedo i just cant connect to my controller wth. i have tried every software offered on this thread and non of them work for me to connect pls help i just want to configure my controller for my Phat azz lol :lol: . Also can someone help me with the combination Z6 controls .

liteglow   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: May 21 2018 5:21pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by liteglow » Aug 21 2020 3:56am

philjk2007 wrote:
Aug 20 2020 8:58pm
I am having a very hard time connecting to my votol EM-150P. WHAT DOES THE P STAND FOR!!!. my motor runs fine and so does my ct-22 speedo i just cant connect to my controller wth. i have tried every software offered on this thread and non of them work for me to connect pls help i just want to configure my controller for my Phat azz lol :lol: . Also can someone help me with the combination Z6 controls .
P in display is usually if the motor is in PARK mode.
Not sure where you see this P, in error message, windows, LCD display ?

liteglow   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: May 21 2018 5:21pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by liteglow » Aug 21 2020 4:06am

liteglow wrote:
Aug 20 2020 8:00am
liteglow wrote:
Aug 18 2020 6:44am
I could really need some help.

I got my mid drive 3000W QS motor, EM150 Votol.

I got alot of torgue in revers, but not forward.
And I can't understand why.

If anyone could share som settings for the mid drive, that would be great.
No one ?

I cant get my controller running.
I got 1% power, but I reach 82kph (no load), it just takes 20 seconds to get there.

I can`t adjust any Flux level, as the motor will NOT turn if I change it less or more than 60 !
Any ideas would be great.

This sh¤¤¤t controller soon goes into the trash.

I did more testing.
It seems like whatever input I put inside the Software to write Flux Weakening, it goes back to 60 when I reconnect.

maybe software problem ?

liteglow   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: May 21 2018 5:21pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by liteglow » Aug 21 2020 6:52pm

anyone know if it`s possible to RESET the EM-150 to factory settings ?
It looks like my controller not accept settings from PC anymore (only some settings)

QS will take it in return.
I don't ever want to hassle more again with this Votol, so I consider buying a Kelly.
Anyone have bad experience with a Kelly controller?

philjk2007   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 6
Joined: May 28 2018 1:42pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by philjk2007 » Aug 21 2020 7:51pm

Hello {liteglow} im stating that on the controller is listed as being a EM-150P that's what on the controller itself. Maybe they forgot the S for SP no but any help would greatly appreciated i would like to adjust the settings for the 3 speed switch.

Colomka   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 9
Joined: Aug 21 2020 1:17am

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by Colomka » Aug 22 2020 12:26am

Hello! I bought an EM150 controller and wanted to change the voltage, after 2 hours of torture, it connected to the PC and I can change the voltage from 72v to 60v. After installing the controller on the E-moto, I turned the throttle but there was no response (After that I tried to reconnect the controller to the PC, but it does not connect and so on for 4 days ... I changed 2 blue laces, downloaded any suitable drivers and tried all Votol software .Help me to connect the controller to the PC please!
Attachments
YGVftH2I3O4.jpg
YGVftH2I3O4.jpg (86.51 KiB) Viewed 381 times

j bjork   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 702
Joined: Aug 31 2018 3:01pm
Location: Linköping, Sweden

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by j bjork » Aug 22 2020 4:17am

I did more testing.
It seems like whatever input I put inside the Software to write Flux Weakening, it goes back to 60 when I reconnect.

maybe software problem ?
[/quote]

When you make a change, do you click write param?
And get write successful?

liteglow   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: May 21 2018 5:21pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by liteglow » Aug 22 2020 7:26am

j bjork wrote:
Aug 22 2020 4:17am
I did more testing.
It seems like whatever input I put inside the Software to write Flux Weakening, it goes back to 60 when I reconnect.

maybe software problem ?
When you make a change, do you click write param?
And get write successful?
[/quote]

yes, "WRITE SUCCSESSFUL" when I press connect again, it is back to 60.
QS will take my controller back. but it suck that I now have NO controller for weeks, and soon there is winter :(

liteglow   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 38
Joined: May 21 2018 5:21pm

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by liteglow » Aug 22 2020 7:26am

Colomka wrote:
Aug 22 2020 12:26am
Hello! I bought an EM150 controller and wanted to change the voltage, after 2 hours of torture, it connected to the PC and I can change the voltage from 72v to 60v. After installing the controller on the E-moto, I turned the throttle but there was no response (After that I tried to reconnect the controller to the PC, but it does not connect and so on for 4 days ... I changed 2 blue laces, downloaded any suitable drivers and tried all Votol software .Help me to connect the controller to the PC please!
Try different SOFTWARE !!
There is different version out, the one you using does NEVER connect to my votol either.


lucky33   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 2
Joined: Aug 22 2020 8:47am

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by lucky33 » Aug 22 2020 9:40am

Hello
I have just bought votol EM100 to replace my E-moto with speed higher than 65km / h but I connected it to the pc and set the following parameters then i turned the throttle but there was no response, ask everyone to see No matter what is wrong or error EM100
Image
Attachments
1598106923228.jpg
1598106923228.jpg (460.66 KiB) Viewed 355 times
1598106923492.jpg
1598106923492.jpg (418.66 KiB) Viewed 355 times
1598106924273.jpg
1598106924273.jpg (485.89 KiB) Viewed 355 times
1598106924493.jpg
1598106924493.jpg (329.4 KiB) Viewed 355 times
1598106923760.jpg
1598106923760.jpg (417.36 KiB) Viewed 355 times
1598106924008.jpg
1598106924008.jpg (403.14 KiB) Viewed 355 times
Last edited by lucky33 on Aug 22 2020 6:19pm, edited 3 times in total.

j bjork   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 702
Joined: Aug 31 2018 3:01pm
Location: Linköping, Sweden

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by j bjork » Aug 22 2020 11:20am

It is in park mode. Read the thread, it is in here somewhere how to solve it.
I think it is PC15 you should change to empty.
I think you should start without HDC, when everything is working you can try with HDC.

Colomka   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 9
Joined: Aug 21 2020 1:17am

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by Colomka » Aug 22 2020 12:34pm

Try different SOFTWARE !!
There is different version out, the one you using does NEVER connect to my votol either.
[/quote]

I have tried all the software( Which laces are still suitable for programming the controller other than pl2303?

Colomka   100 µW

100 µW
Posts: 9
Joined: Aug 21 2020 1:17am

Re: Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

Post by Colomka » Aug 22 2020 1:04pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IMmX3qTej4 in this video, I show the sequence and the software I use.

Post Reply