Watts Cheapest?

General Discussion about electric vehicles.
LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Watts Cheapest?

Post by LockH » Sep 22 2018 12:11am

Humans tap about watts "cheapest" to buy... While I suggest s/b watts "cheapest" to own/operate PER MILE (kilometer). (<- Period) Comment?
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60564

Joined yer local chapter of EA yet?
(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

markz   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Watts Cheapest?

Post by markz » Sep 25 2018 10:05pm

LockH wrote:
Sep 22 2018 12:11am
Humans tap about watts "cheapest" to buy... While I suggest s/b watts "cheapest" to own/operate PER MILE (kilometer). (<- Period) Comment?
Yes what is "s/b watts"?

LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Post by LockH » Sep 25 2018 10:15pm

Hehe... Sorry... "Should Be"... Now yer gonna wanna know watt "EG" stands for. Crazy Romans...

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)

(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

markz   100 GW

100 GW

Post by markz » Sep 25 2018 10:20pm

LockH wrote:
Sep 25 2018 10:15pm
Hehe... Sorry... "Should Be"... Now yer gonna wanna know watt "EG" stands for. Crazy Romans...
I wanna know why you typed kilometer instead of kilometre. :wink:
Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around
Did someone Americanize you? :wink:

LockH   100 GW

100 GW

Post by LockH » Sep 25 2018 10:51pm

^^ In Canada, many "talk funny", eh? EVer tried to speak with someone from the outports of Newfoundland? Betcha lots of folks would recognize anyone with a NYC "accent"... Same with spellings of words in "English"... like someone from China writes in Engrish... It's a pretty mangled and blended language, eh? EVer been through a "port"? Cities in England lousy with words from Scandinavia... who liked to travel... (Big slave trade in Belfast...) Anyway... lots of softwares offer "english" for different nationalities. Had a home room Math teacher from India... First day, explained plans to teach a thing "Rici-Procals"... and had to demonstrate with numbers 3/4 versus 4/3... STILL get a kick hearing folks from India speak "english". :)

But still hope you might agree... it's not cost to buy... but total costs to buy *including* costs to operate and maintain over useful life... Up front/selling prices often result in Operating Expenses. So watt *I* look for in better design and construction in about anything... and fully expect a higher selling price with "costs build in". It's like watching "Sondors People" buying "cheap" then spending all their time tapping about fixes and upgrades.

:)

markz   100 GW

100 GW

Post by markz » Sep 26 2018 3:17pm

LockH wrote:
Sep 25 2018 10:51pm
like watching "Sondors People" buying "cheap" then spending all their time tapping about fixes and upgrades.
:)
....and those whose Sondors ebikes collecting dust in the shed whos owners may or may not have actually researched a little bit, with cost of upgrading then stored it, or went out and bought a decent new or used ebike, or who went ahead and built their own.

....and those who bought a cheap RC balance charger, but perhaps some put up with how slowly it fills the battery or went ahead and went all out with a Satiator from Grin Tech, or a multi-hundo iCharger.

....and those who bought a bso from Walmart, and say the plastic lever broke or any number of other problems associated with bso's

....and those who bought a Tesla and realized Elon tricked them because they can't work on their own car.

....and those who bought........... oh the list goes on...........

My ejuice is ready for some cruisin'