Help with taking apart a battery pack.

JamesG81

10 mW
Trying to take this battery apart from Ezee Sprint electric bicycle. Have taken all the screws that are circled in the picture (all the ones that are visible). The 2 halves crack slightly open but they won’t come apart, something else is holding the 2 pieces together. Any idea what is holding the case together still after all the visible screws are taken out. It seems odd to me that there are only 3 major screws holding the case together. Shouldn’t there be another one for the other corner of the case? If so where is it? Thank you.

Attachments

• battery pack pic for help post 1.png
    battery pack pic for help post 1.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 983
  • battery pack pic for help post 2.png
    battery pack pic for help post 2.png
    112 KB · Views: 983
Slide the end off, then prise apart the twohalves. There are some plastic tabs that break which is annoying and kind of unavoidable. If you open it like a book, you can save one side. Use tape to help hold it together after you reassemble it.
Hope that helps.

I did slide the end (where the connector is) off after taking the 2 small screws out as shown in the pictures. I also tried to open it as you describe and the mid tab did break. But I still could not open it up because it seems something is preventing it from being opened. I don't want to completely ruin the case so I am being caution. Those little tabs should not have this much holding power so my assumption is that there is something else keeping the 2 halves together that needs to be taken off yet, or perhaps there is glue.

As I suspected glue was involved. Has to heat the cover with heat gun then with a lot of force applied it finally came apart gradually.
Thank you for your help as it encouraged me to push forward to get this thing apart.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    231.2 KB · Views: 934
Forgot to mention the double sided tape..ha that stuff sticks like a banshee after a few years. Feels like you're going to crack the case trying to get it apart. Might well do if you're not careful. Anyway well done.

Back