Input on hill climb build

Vincentrg

100 µW
Wanting to build a commuter that will see a 5 mile 8.5% hill, carrying groceries. Would like to scoot up the hill at 15-18+ mph. Want a DD hub motor. Want peak power to be 1200-1500 Watts. It will be a shared family bike, so needs to be designed conservatively. Playing around with the simulator points me towards Grin's XOFO DD45 FST motor, 72 Volts (two 36V packs in series), limited to 20 Amps, Run on a 20" wheel.
This arrangement seems to give a nice long power band, powerful, but not too fast, and no overheating issues. But I'm concerned that with my limited knowledge perhaps I'm missing something about using 72 Volts. If it just involves a series battery cable with a pass diode, and rigging a series charging cable, I'm good with that. Other things that I should be concerned about? (BMS issues??)
I could go with a more standard 52 volts, up the current, but that really limits how the bike goes down the hill. It would be nice to be able to nearly keep up with a pedal only bike going down(upper 30's mph)
Thanks for the input!

Back