I want a 10+KW rear-drive full suspension ebike with pedals and a top speed of 50MPH

bobhurd3d

100 mW
I would like a 10000W minimum rear-drive full suspension ebike with pedals and a top speed of at least 50MPH. I do not wish to have hefty fat tires. I would like the ebike to be as stealthy as possible. (That's a tall order!). I will be riding it on a paved road (EDIT) and not off-road.

I am aware of the ebike rules in my state.

I do NOT want a kit. I would like a fully built ebike ready to go.

I do not want the ebike to cost more than $8000.

What ebike meets the above criteria??? I will buy it.

bob hurd

Keep your motorcycle off the bike path. Your mama should have brought you up to understand this without outside help.

bobhurd3d said:
Despite the somewhat demeaning tone of your reply, you are absolutely correct. I will not use the bike path; I will likely hit and hurt somebody and myself if I do that.

Thanks for the advice!

You're quite welcome!

It wouldn't be a bad idea to register, license, and insure your motorcycle while you're at it. Y'know, to be fair to the other motorcyclists.

You mean one like this:

DSC01717.jpg

I friend built this one. It's made from a pink walmart girls bike. He called it Death bike V1.5. Pictured at one of the first ebike races.

Luke Workman aka (LFP here) is responsible for this abomination. :mrgreen:

I liked it best when it still had the colorful streamers on the handlebar grips. 8)

Watching the shipment of my ebike from across the country of Germany to the US is a waiting game I would like to put nobody through. It is seemingly taking forever for it to plod its way here. I don't recommend this for anyone who has trouble with waiting on things or has patience issues. It's best if you pay your money, wait for 4 weeks, then check to see where it is (if it has not been delivered).

Anyway... still awaiting delivery of my Vector Typhoon. The seller, Artur Ragulskyi, is pleasant to deal with and is quite communicative.

bobhurd3d said:
Watching the shipment of my ebike from across the country of Germany to the US is a waiting game I would like to put nobody through. It is seemingly taking forever for it to plod its way here. I don't recommend this for anyone who has trouble with waiting on things or has patience issues. It's best if you pay your money, wait for 4 weeks, then check to see where it is (if it has not been delivered).

Anyway... still awaiting delivery of my Vector Typhoon. The seller, Artur Ragulskyi, is pleasant to deal with and is quite communicative.

I have been waiting for a Vector Typhoon frame to arrive in the US that I ordered in January. USPS shipping is the absolute worst.

bobhurd3d said:

Bobhurd, did your Typhoon arrive yet? I've got all my technical questions answered by Artur and I thinking about buying the Typhoon Light with the upgraded 3.5 AH cells but am having second thoughts on the single speed pedal system. It seems like an afterthought. I'm so used to 7 or 8 speeds and I use them all, all the time I'm riding. Can anyone offer their thoughts on a single speed system vs multi speeds?

I built such a bicycle(s) with such specifications. It is not very tough if you know how to do it. YOu can buy used and get in about 1500-2000$ USD or buy NEW and spend 5000$+, let me warn you.

For a single speed, all the many rations of the multi speed are gone.. so choose wisely. This bike could NOT pedal with a 42-14, but a 42-18 it pedaled great with relative ease starting and 7-8mph mas. 165mm crank arm, 210 lb human on the pedal for pedal test.

.....this bike is 134 lbs. Eleek.

I will tell you that a QS 205 @ 4T in a 17" DOT rim, will turn 57mph unloaded @ 4.6A draw. Unloaded with a DOT tire. on 72v nominal system.

This is a Kelly controller of 8kW rating with an 18kW peak.. It has more to go but I am not heavy enough. I am certain it still would be a very powerful bike with a 3T and such a good power system. This power system measured 28mOh.

This bicycle is pretty much fun, here in the Pennsylvanian hills. It can pass just about any car up to 50mph. (80.47 kph) and go up any hill with out any heat creation with its power dense battery.

This data log show 1/10 of an hour of operations.

Attachments

• 211568011_4569595779737382_6035478925093205578_n.jpg
    211568011_4569595779737382_6035478925093205578_n.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,205
Thanks DDS. I think I'm going to pass on single speed bikes.

BVH said:
Thanks DDS. I think I'm going to pass on single speed bikes.

That's going to limit you to mid drive kits/bikes, which means you're putting 10kw through a wimpy bicycle chain. Hub motors go up to 5kw with multiple gears before they switch to single speed only because they can't fit anymore, I had my bike shipped from alibaba and had to have them drop it to 5kw because I insisted on having multiple speeds. Which, by the way, on a 180lb bike are absolutely useless for pedaling even in the tallest gear.

I hear you on pedaling a very heavy bike. Mine is about 95 lbs now and I never just pedal-ride without power added. I always have between 150 and 400 Watts flowing and I use that power to regulate the load and burn on my legs. I also like to maintain a reasonable high cadence because it's comfortable. With only a single speed - high gear at that, my cadence on hills and other low speed environments would be way too slow and uncomfortable.

BVH » Jul 26 2021 3:47pm

I hear you on pedaling a very heavy bike. Mine is about 95 lbs now and I never just pedal-ride without power added. I always have between 150 and 400 Watts flowing and I use that power to regulate the load and burn on my legs. I also like to maintain a reasonable high cadence because it's comfortable. With only a single speed - high gear at that, my cadence on hills and other low speed environments would be way too slow and uncomfortable.

No body is peddling at 50 mph, the one gear is to get you home if something happens. Make this your second bike for fun.

nicobie said:
I friend built this one. It's made from a pink walmart girls bike. He called it Death bike V1.5. Pictured at one of the first ebike races.

Luke Workman aka (LFP here) is responsible for this abomination. :mrgreen:

That's hilarious!

I once saw a crackhead in Corpus Christi Texas, some middle-aged white dude who looked(and smelled) like he hadn't bathed in weeks and whom I'd seen frequent one of the local crack houses across the street from where I lived, riding a pink Walmart girl's bike near the Mid-Town motel on Agnes St. at 2AM. I suspect he stole it out of someone's yard and that somewhere there was a very upset 4-7 year old girl, judging by the size of the bike and given it was far too small for him. He looked hilarious plodding along at about twice walking speed, on this pink child's BMX bike with white tires and pink ribbons hanging from the sides of the handlebrs, not too dissimilar to whatever stock bike was used to produce the abomination you posted. :mrgreen:

ZeroEm said:
No body is peddling at 50 mph, the one gear is to get you home if something happens. Make this your second bike for fun.

Depends on the bike. With proper attention to aerodynamics and a gearing setup that allows it, significant extension to range via pedaling can be had at 50 mph. It's not going to happen on a Vector Typhoon though, and it's going to take a lot of work to make a proper faring and careful selection of motor/drivetrain components to allow the gearing range needed. A long wheelbase recumbent with full suspension would be a great base platform to make something conducive to this, by turning it into a streamliner; design it right, and you might be able to hit 50 mph 100% on pedal power with the motor disabled. 10+ kW in something like that would be a LOT of fun.

by The Toecutter » Aug 15 2021 10:55am
ZeroEm wrote: ↑Jul 26 2021 7:47pm

Depends on the bike. With proper attention to aerodynamics and a gearing setup that allows it, significant extension to range via pedaling can be had at 50 mph. It's not going to happen on the type of bike the OP describes though, as it's going to take a lot of work to make a proper faring and careful selection of motor/drivetrain components to allow the gearing range needed. A long wheelbase recumbent with full suspension would be a great base platform to make something conducive to this.
This guy is faster than 50 mph.
Fifty-plus.jpg

Thought we were talking about sitting up right, like a sail. I know people go down at 50 mph.

That looks "comfortable" and "fun"!

[youtube]jFp2gNfnjBA[/youtube]
[youtube]T2ueIkN3vvg[/youtube]
[youtube]91X-jKPPnnc[/youtube]
[youtube]i5Dapy1xUq0[/youtube]
[youtube]vpoMCiaFiPI[/youtube]

Chalo said:
That looks "comfortable" and "fun"!

I was thinking of something more streetable as a design inspiration, like this:

http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/whpsc2002/photos_tues/whpsc2002-qual-coyote2.jpg

Or this:

[youtube]gjEkQZNOqb4[/youtube]

Or if recumbents are not your bag, take design cues from something like this:

[youtube]iT0rzyJPjUM[/youtube]

[youtube]ltBsqDlK62c[/youtube]

https://blog.motorcycle.com/2014/01...ine-ama-hall-fame-breakfast-daytona-march-14/

Even upright bikes have tremendous potential for drag reduction. The trick is to reduce drag in a way that doesn't impose crosswind vulnerability.

If the OP really wants to pedal at 50 mph, this is one way to actually make it a useful feature instead of a gimmick. If it needs 2 kW to do 50 mph, 200W of pedaling adds a bit above 10% range. If the battery runs dead, if designed right it's still likely to be slippery enough to pedal faster than a normal unfaired upright bicycle even with the added mass and cogging losses from the motor.

Unfortunately, there's nothing akin to this that he can buy out the box. So the Vector Typhoon is a good recommendation, all things considered. He just won't be able to do much pedaling with it. Nor is it stealthy, but neither is a unique streamliner.

i think it was aussie jester that made landing gear for his chopper
wouldnt be hard to incorporate into those streamliners so they dont flop over like tennessee fainting goats

I received delivery (finally) of my Vector ebike from Germany a few months ago. It has a 10KW rear hub motor, full front and back suspension with a top speed of 52MPH. I am very impressed by it. At 15MPH its range is about 100 miles, but I have yet to take it to that limit.

Summary of my self-inflicted troubles: I had trouble with the ebike caused by me that took months to repair. First I accidentally shorted out the battery leads by inadvertently crossing the meter leads causing direct battery short which damaged the BMS. I had to wait weeks for a new BMS to arrive from Germany. That replacement BMS I also damaged by dropping a wrench into the open battery pack and damaging the replacement BMS. Once more, I waited a few weeks for another replacement BMS which I installed without incidence the third time around. Then I had health issues that precluded me from riding the ebike. Finally, once that malady resolved, I was able to start taking short rides on the Vector ebike.
I am impressed, to say the least. Very powerful and easy to ride. It has a top speed of 52 MPH and can get about an estimated 100 miles range at about a 15MPH average speed. I recommend this ebike to anyone who is serious about having a powerful ebike.

bob

Back