Sourcing 21700 cells from Korea, Japan or China, 10,000 cells

veer

1 mW
Hello
I am looking to buy 10,000 cells 21700 size, 4-4.5A 3C. I am having a tough time differentiating between legitimate sellers and shady businesses.
Anybody bought large quantity at wholesale rates from a reputed seller? I would prefer a Korean or Japanese seller if possible. China would be my last resort due to past bad experience's. Let me know if there are some good Chinese company's that can sell reliable cells.

Company's i have heard but doubt their capability:
BAK
Ubetter
Roofer

Any help is appreciated.

Tesla cells

https://www.techdirectclub.com/2170-lithium-ion-battery-18-5-wh-5000-mah-3-75v-model-3-2170-cells-lot-of-3

I would assume the pricing issue requires self-importing from close to the source. Certainly the US market is near non-existent at this point, IMO due to our torts law liability issues.

At that volume level, there are few suppliers that are reliable/trustworthy across a huge selection.

So I believe first a short-list of desired cells is required before trying to identify the right sellers.

Shuush....

I can get them in the USA if you want to pay an arm and a leg. Like 6-8$ ea.

-Jp

As far as I know, even very reliable sellers (each trader keeps his supplier inaccessible to someone else's knowledge) in China ran out of quality Tesla cells 4-5 months ago. I know a trader who bought who took two metric tons of completely new Tesla 21700 cells with positive pads already welded on.
The cost at the merchant's place is around £ 2.25- £ 2.30. Unfortunately, he does not ship to Europe, at least in small quantities.
Perhaps he will be able / willing to send 10,000 cells to India.

«New! Dismantling. Never welded. Positive contact original aluminum, so nickel is laser welded. There is a fuse on the negative side (three strips). The battery quality is very good.

Specifications:
Panasonic 21700 NCA
Rated capacity: 4800mAh
Rated Voltage: 3.7 Volts
Charge voltage: 4.2 Volts
Discharge Voltage: 2.5 Volts
Internal resistance: 13 mΩ or so. (AC 1000 Hz)
Continuous discharge current: 3C
Discharge current maximum: 5C
Number of full charge-discharge cycles: 1000 (subject to incomplete charge and discharge and delayed charge for at least 3 hours)
Weight: 69 gr.
Dimensions: diameter 21 mm, height 70 mm.
»

Hillhater said:
The OP is asking for a wholesale seller recomendation.
Cell choice is a different question and depends on many factors we have not been informed of .
OP.. where do you live ?...USA, ?.Canada ?, . Europe, Asia, ?

I live in India. Cell chemistry preferred is NMC, but if other chemistry's are fulfilling the power requirements, then I am fine with anything. And yes, I'd prefer a wholesale seller so I can buy at a cheaper rate and pay shipping etc once.

john61ct said:
Tesla cells

https://www.techdirectclub.com/2170-lithium-ion-battery-18-5-wh-5000-mah-3-75v-model-3-2170-cells-lot-of-3

I thought tesla used 4.8a 21700 cells :shock:

And this will get expensive SOO fast haha

Edit: Pack of 100 is reasonable though. I have sent them a mail, lets see how they respond. I dont see any other brands other than tesla. Out of stock probably.

Silvaticus said:
As far as I know, even very reliable sellers (each trader keeps his supplier inaccessible to someone else's knowledge) in China ran out of quality Tesla cells 4-5 months ago. I know a trader who bought who took two metric tons of completely new Tesla 21700 cells with positive pads already welded on.
The cost at the merchant's place is around £ 2.25- £ 2.30. Unfortunately, he does not ship to Europe, at least in small quantities.
Perhaps he will be able / willing to send 10,000 cells to India.

2000kg @ 70g cells is like 28-29,000 cells. I need 1/3 of his total supply! Can you send me his information, I'll try my luck with him as well.

I asked him and he confirmed that he can send the goods directly from Hong Kong to India. Send me your contacts in PM. He asks to send them to him and he will contact you.

Silvaticus said:
I asked him and he confirmed that he can send the goods directly from Hong Kong to India. Send me your contacts in PM. He asks to send them to him and he will contact you.

I broke my phone while in a new city, got back today and got it fixed. I'll send you a PM about now.

LOL totally untrustworthy to recommend a vendor when you obviously work for them, nice try.

Back