Bafang BBS02 best best place to buy for Australians

Looking for something? Need a special part, but can't find it online anywhere? Post what you need, maybe others will have it to sell. Guest may post replies to topics already here. All topics here will expire after 60 days of inactivity.
crankcasy   1 µW

1 µW

Bafang BBS02 best best place to buy for Australians

Post by crankcasy » Apr 21 2016 10:38pm

Australian here looking at getting a Bafang BBS02 and just after some advice with purchasing, what do you guys recommend.
I live in a remote area so mail order is my preference.

stevc   10 W

10 W

Re: Bafang BBS02 best best place to buy for Australians

Post by stevc » Apr 21 2016 11:33pm

Price seems to be dropping for these at the moment so if you want it for next spring/summer you could keep an eye out for deals. Greentime just had it at about $20 American discount which they will probably do again.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-mode ... f262d6a045

eva-michael   100 W

100 W

Post by eva-michael » Apr 22 2016 7:01am

EV Components supply 500W-1000W Bafang BBS Mid drives.
http://evcomponents.com/bafang-bbs02-bb ... e-kit.html
www.evassemble.com all for EVs.
new major website since 2014 www.evcomponents.com

HY10   10 mW

10 mW

Post by HY10 » Apr 28 2016 1:42am

Emax sydney
Bought the hd for a v good price
And they reprogrammed my eldest 's 750 no fuss
Very pleasant to purchase

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
AFT only 10,000 km real world testing
100,000 real world ongoing adjustments needed

Simonism   100 mW

100 mW

Post by Simonism » Apr 28 2016 4:07am

+1 for emax. Ewan is knowledgeable and a great guy to deal with!

Simonism
Interested in beach riding and sandy tracks nearby - Westernport, Victoria, Australia.
1996 Specialized Rockhopper FS with Bafang BBS02 and 10Ah of 12S Hobby King LiPo.
Latest Ride: 2015 Norco Bigfoot 6.3 with 100mm BB version of Bafang BBS01 and 36v 11.6Ah of Samsung 29E, from eMax eBikes, Sydney.
Wife now has: 1985 Shogun Trailbreaker 2 with Dillenger geared front hub and 8Ah bottle battery.
Wife wants: City hybrid with front hub drive (not yet in the works).

Tats   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Tats » Apr 29 2016 8:09pm

+1 e-max. Ewan gave me great advice when I bought mine

Tats   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Tats » Aug 27 2016 9:05pm

I see Luna have a new Australian supplier www.luna-mate.com based in beautiful Perth.

eMax   100 W

100 W

Post by eMax » Aug 28 2016 6:45am

Thanks for the voices of confidence guys. :D

Regarding the BBS02 over the past for years we have found they are more reliable at 36v, and if you want more power best go the HD which is better designed to take the higher voltages long term.
Riding LMX Freeride and eMax Edi 27.5 Prototype
eMax eBikes - Australian Based Electric Bike Sales & R&D

2old   100 kW

100 kW

Post by 2old » Aug 28 2016 9:49am

Ewan, probably great advice, but I've been running the one that you programmed for me @ 52V for a year and it's performing perfectly (older, bad mosfets model). I'm in the US, but purchased from E-Max based on good reviews. To be fair, Luna was not in business yet, but thanks Ewan.

Tats   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Tats » Aug 28 2016 4:46pm

My e-max bbs01 has also been great.

Just bought a bbs02 from evcomponents.com as they are on sale at $369 USD plus shipping with the c965 and standard chainring/brakes. Makes it under $600 Aussies pesos. They also have the BBSHD for $585 USD.

eMax   100 W

100 W

Post by eMax » Aug 28 2016 5:29pm

2old wrote:Ewan, probably great advice, but I've been running the one that you programmed for me @ 52V for a year and it's performing perfectly (older, bad mosfets model). I'm in the US, but purchased from E-Max based on good reviews. To be fair, Luna was not in business yet, but thanks Ewan.
Good to hear its going well. That FET issue was a bit of a nightmare, but thanks to the hard work of a few dealers the issue was resolved.
Tats wrote:I see Luna have a new Australian supplier http://www.luna-mate.com based in beautiful Perth.
Good to see you around mate and good to hear the kit is still going strong. The BBS01 is very reliable, we have some we built up for a food delivery fleet with around 15,000km on the clock now. We grease the drive gear as part of the bikes regular servicing.

There is a bit of to-and-fro about this at the moment bit of a read for anyone interested here https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... =8&t=82724
Basically Australia is a bit of a different beast and our consumer laws make things interesting for outsiders trying to get in on the act 8)

Tats   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Tats » Aug 28 2016 7:40pm

Hey Ewan, Yup the BBS01 is good - after 5,680kms after this mornings ride when I stand on the pedals and push hard things are getting a little creaky so I'll give it a bit of a service - either that or its my knees that are creaking.... I also saw your delivery bikes and have recommended them to some Perth guys that are looking - they look a very nice setup.

Interesting to note the other thread - reminds me of when I was negotiating with 4 different software vendors in the US. Over 4 days we had each come and give their pitch - three US based and one from UK. When asked for opinions on why they were different from their competition three were happy to position their competitors offerings as sub-optimal and only one would not say anything at all about their competitors as they felt that would be inappropriate no matter how hard they were pushed by the local audience. As a UK guy I rated this vendors response highly as felt it was an ethical approach and demonstrated a company culture I was familiar with - however, my US colleagues marked them down for not describing their competitors weaknesses. I must admit it was a different experience for me and one I was not all that comfortable with, when in Rome I guess. Aussie is different again - and maybe I'm biased but I reckon its the best place on the planet 8)

harmonist   1 W

1 W

Post by harmonist » Aug 28 2016 8:41pm

Can recommend em3ev, I had a BBSHD shipped to NZ about a month ago and it took 1 week door to door, ended up costing about NZ$1100 all up including shipping and including some upgrades like the lekkie blind ring, you can't beat that really, give us a pm if you want any details.

phild   100 mW

100 mW

Post by phild » Sep 01 2016 8:35pm

+1 for Ewan - supplying NZ.
I should have asked him to sell without the Aussie GST. But service was great arriving within the week with the latest display which had only just been released at the time.
I have had some issues with the chinese watt meter he supplied me (I guess you have to expect this with some of the cheap stuff) that I've had to ditch now - but on the expensive stuff he's been great ... many thanks :-)
Phil

Ride: Merida crossway 100 / BBSHD / Thudbuster

eMax   100 W

100 W

Post by eMax » Sep 01 2016 9:48pm

phild wrote:+1 for Ewan - supplying NZ.
I should have asked him to sell without the Aussie GST. But service was great arriving within the week with the latest display which had only just been released at the time.
I have had some issues with the chinese watt meter he supplied me (I guess you have to expect this with some of the cheap stuff) that I've had to ditch now - but on the expensive stuff he's been great ... many thanks :-)
Hey Phil - Yeah the watt meters were no good with the higher voltage packs. The newer display gives you the info and they are now available. :lol:

We are working with Niall at Solarcycle Raglan (Just been with us in Sydney for training) and Cliff at Wellington electric bikes who are good dealers over there.