double/triple crown clamping set and steerer

Looking for something? Need a special part, but can't find it online anywhere? Post what you need, maybe others will have it to sell.
amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

double/triple crown clamping set and steerer

Post by amberwolf » Apr 07 2017 2:22am

I'm essentially looking for this kind of thing:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=73998

If anyone has an old broken fork but with intact crown/clamps and steerer, I'd be interested in the crown/clamps/steerer part if it's cheap. I don't need the fork itself (the legs/dropouts/etc).

I have a plan for a non-fork-type of front suspension but need a steerer and at least double crown setup, and would prefer to use something that clamps onto tubing, rather than weld it all together out of whatever steel I have around (which is the present plan since Inertiaproject sold out of his kits while I was waiting for him to tell me which email address to paypal to).

I've got time off coming up in a couple of weeks and would like to have the parts at hand by then, so I can try the experiment of building the suspension and testing it before using it for my commute and whatnot.

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Re: double/triple crown clamping set and steerer

Post by amberwolf » Apr 23 2017 10:01pm

I'm still looking for this, so if anyone has one, let me know.

My time off has already started, so it's not a rush thing anymore as I probably wouldn't have time this week to get to the project by the time it might arrive, but it's still an experiment I'd like to try out.

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW

"Triple clamp" fork Clamps-Only (USA)

Post by amberwolf » May 15 2019 11:49pm

Bump / update:

If youv'e got an old broken triple-tree / triple-clamp etc fork laying around, I'd like to buy just the clamps (crowns) to use to build a custom fork for my SB Cruiser. If the steerer is available too, that's good...but if not, no biggie (saves on shipping anyway).

THe plan is first for a nonsuspension straight fork, then later I have something else in mind that's completely different, as an experimental suspension (something similar to the rear triangle of a suspension bike)...but that's a long time off.

I'm looking for both regular front-bicycle-wheel-spaced versions, and wider ones that could directly accomodate a rear wheel--but I can build the lowers so they'll do that part even on a regular-spacing unit, if necessary.

Can't pay much :oops: ...but if what you have is already broken (in an area other than the clamps) and sitting around doing nothing, at least you'd have a bit of money you didn't have before. ;)

(posted a couple weeks ago as a new thread but then found I already had one, so deleted taht one and put it here instead)

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW

Re: double/triple crown clamping set and steerer

Post by amberwolf » Jan 29 2021 11:47pm

Am again looking for any/either of the above, for a new version of the trike.