sydney help spoking a hub motor

Looking for something? Need a special part, but can't find it online anywhere? Post what you need, maybe others will have it to sell. Guest may post replies to topics already here. All topics here will expire after 60 days of inactivity.
alswiseowl
100 W
100 W

sydney help spoking a hub motor

Post by alswiseowl » Dec 10, 2017 1:48 am

hi there,
I'm looking for some one in the Sydney area that could help if I pay cash.. spoke my soon to be hub motor I'm picking up from hyena industries at lunch time..so the hub will be ready to work on anytime after that
I'm happy to organize the hub to be delivered...I will also need to buy some spokes as I will reuse my old a2b metro motor rim.
I'm upgrading a a2b metro I bought 2nd hand, to run up to 10kw...
I've organized with hyena industries to pick up 10kw motor, controller,throttle with built in 3 speed with,78v 18ah batt pack, cycle analyst.
on top of needing help lacing the hub.
I will also need help hooking up the electronics,its been that long since I've dabbled in the ebike field that I've lost faith in my knowledge to do the right job.

now for payment just message me your quote or rough estimate & then we can get started..
alternatively.since I'm gutting out a near perfectly working a2b ultra motor 500watt with built in controller,36v11.5ah batts & throttle from the stock set up..we could work out some sort of trade..
so for this build I will need help in sourcing spokes for my set up..
c
if any one on endless sphere that is from Sydney Australia message me
thanks
Alex

SlowCo
10 kW
10 kW

Re: sydney help spoking a hub motor

Post by SlowCo » Dec 10, 2017 9:29 am

Why not let Hyena spoke you rim? Are they unable or unwilling to do so?

Hyena
100 GW
100 GW

Post by Hyena » Dec 10, 2017 11:01 pm

Multiple reasons, largely because I don't have a truing stand so normally get one of the ebike friendIy LBSs to do it.
But I also don't have spokes to suit, as the A2B uses a 20" wheel set. And I'm also crazy busy until after xmas.
But I've suggested a few local places he can try.
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

alswiseowl
100 W
100 W

Post by alswiseowl » Dec 10, 2017 11:36 pm

hi guys
ok I've pickup the ebike kit from hyena industries,ive found a bike shop to build the wheel, but no electric bike shop in Sydney wants to help me hook up the electronics to the bike cause of the high power & our laws in Australia..
so it looks like I may need to get assistance thru endless sphere for my build.

alternatively if any one in Sydney has the time,experience,tools to help me transform my a2b into a 10kw
please get in contact with me..
I've got spare cash for the person who helps or the parts we gutt from the a2b for your service..

thanks for your time
Alex

alswiseowl
100 W
100 W

Post by alswiseowl » Dec 10, 2017 11:47 pm

hi guys,

just got of the phone to a bike shop who is willing to help :D me but are busily for the next week.
so In the next week if any one from the forum wants to help my offer still stands..
other wise next week the job will go to the bike shop
thanks
Alex

alswiseowl
100 W
100 W

Post by alswiseowl » Dec 12, 2017 1:35 am

UPDATE,
THE EBIKE SHOP THAT WAS GONNA HELP ME BUILD MY A2B BUILD JUST CALLED ME BACK TODAY SAYING THAT THEY DECIDED NOT TO DO THE BUILD,IM SORTA GETTING SICK OF THESE EBIKE SHOPS TREATING ME SORTA LIKE IM A IVAN MILAT OF THE EBIKE SCENE,DONT GET ME WRONG I UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DECIDED NOT TO PERSUE THE BUILD,ITS A BIT OF A LET DOWN BUT SHOWS THAT THERES A UNTAPPED MARKET HERE IN SYDNEY FOR OFFROAD HIGH POWERED BUILDS,I KNOW THERES HYENA INDUSTRIES & JAY IS AWSOME,TOTALLY PROFESSIONAL,KNOWLEDGABLE,& HE WONT SELL YOU SOMETHING HE WOULDNT USE,UCTUALLY MY FIRST EVER HIGH POWERED EBIKE WAS THRU HYENA.JUST TIMING IS THE ISSUE AS IVE LEFT THIS TO THE LAST MINUTE..BEING CHRISTMAS & ALL,ANYWAYS IM JUST GONNA HAVE TO BE PATIENT WITH THIS..I JUST HOPE MY 78V BATT PACK SITS THERE HAPPILY NOT BEING USED :roll:
AGAIN I WILL THROW $300 FOR ANY ONE THAT CAN CONNECT ALL THE CONNECTERS,ELECTRONICS,TORQUE ARMS PLACEMENT,DROP OUT REINFORCMENT, ECT BRAKES..SO THAT THE BIKE IS SAFE & OPERATABLE.
THANKS
ALEX.

alswiseowl
100 W
100 W

Post by alswiseowl » Dec 14, 2017 3:49 am

I will be putting a crystallite a2b metro to run on the 78v pack I have
I've managed to work something out with hyena so that id be up an ready in a week, now how is that for service of hyena end 8)
I will be posting my used but working stock a2b arrangement on endless sphere for a package price or split it up in pieces
so you shall be seeing the rest of this go to a new thread in the used for sale section.
if the administrators of endless sphere can delete this thread all good..I got hyena to save the day