Hammerschmidt overdrive dissasembly tool

Looking for something? Need a special part, but can't find it online anywhere? Post what you need, maybe others will have it to sell. Guest may post replies to topics already here. All topics here will expire after 60 days of inactivity.
Bbeforeart   10 mW

10 mW

Hammerschmidt overdrive dissasembly tool

Post by Bbeforeart » May 18 2018 2:01pm

Hello,

Lately, my Hammerschmidt gearbox was skipping its pawls within the overdrive part under high torque provided by my own legs. This led to the need for a replacement. Unfortunately, I realized that the overdrive part is not easy to open up without the recommended Hammerschmidt overdrive tool.

Once I looked up the tool and its price afterwards, it was not even close to interesting for replacing the pawls. The cheapest one I could find was still priced for $130, which is absurd to replace $8 worth of pawls.

Replacing the whole overdrive part is even more disappointing: around $300 for a new overdrive.

My recall is as follows: does anyone have this tool for sale, or is it possible that I borrow it (if shipping is necessary, I will cover all costs in both cases)

It would be awesome if someone could help me out :)

Regards,

Bart