(Toronto) Need ebike help, regen braking issue

Looking for something? Need a special part, but can't find it online anywhere? Post what you need, maybe others will have it to sell. Guest may post replies to topics already here. All topics here will expire after 60 days of inactivity.
peaceful sojourner   1 µW

1 µW

(Toronto) Need ebike help, regen braking issue

Post by peaceful sojourner » Dec 21 2018 5:45pm

Greeting, James here. I need help with a custom electric bike I have here, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I am hoping there is someone who frequents this forum here, who can help me with a regen braking issue. Any help will help; otherwise I am going through bb7 brakepads every month.

I thank you

James

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Re: (Toronto) Need ebike help, regen braking issue

Post by amberwolf » Dec 21 2018 11:38pm

Without knowing all the details about the bike, and the specific problem you are having, we can't really help much, other than to say taht there are a number of potential problems.

It could be:

--brake activation device (switch, etc)

--battery's BMS

--controller design

--controller wiring

--controller setup

--controller programming

--motor type

or other things, depending on exactly what you have and how it is setup.

x.l.r.8   100 W

100 W

Re: (Toronto) Need ebike help, regen braking issue

Post by x.l.r.8 » Dec 22 2018 10:31am

What controller are you using, some of the cheaper items simply do not have regen (from experience very frustrating). Do you have a brake light or some type of activation for an input for the regeneration.
Intelligence is distributed nearly evenly, with only the occasional concentration in one person. The total quantity of Intelligence is a constant: as more people come into being, fewer and fewer get a sufficient amount for themselves.
Some say this has already reached homeopathic levels.