Stuff

Got something to sell? Have extra parts that need a good home? Have something that others would need to complete their kits? Post it up here and see if anyone else is searching for what you are selling. Guest may post replies to topics already here. All topics here will expire after 90 days of inactivity.

Stuff

Postby marty » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Marty's got stuff. Go here to see stuff.
http://www.voltev.com/170505/
Address is...... voltev.com/170505
Fire up your big computers. Web Photo Gallery don't look good on small phones. 352 pictures.

Bought a hoarder's house at a tax auction. Threw away tons of trash. Was planing on living in the house. Bit sad, but I sold the house. Both me and the buyer don't want any more stuff. I have too much stuff. I want cash. Lots of cash. Got no time for eBay. Anyone want stuff? Come to Buffalo NY, Fill a big truck. Take everything except the lightbulbs and things that are attached to the house. [Kitchen Sink]

If I don't find someone who wants a whole lot of stuff? Plan is to have a Estate Sale. Never had a Estate Sale. Have never been to a Estate Sale. How much is all this stuff worth? Plan on going to some Estate Sale's this Saturday. I got bullets. Everyone seems to want bullets. Why do people want bullets? Guess they shoot them? Found lots of bullets, and gun cleaning equipment. Did not find any guns. How much are my bullets worth?

Bunch of tools still need to be spread out on some tables. Got plywood Got to get more saw horses.

OK enough typing. Lets look at some pictures:
Woops this picture is upside down. Sorry not uploading the Web Photo Gallery again.
These are the upstairs bullets.
Got boxes and boxes of Mail Box Signals.
Anyone want to go into the Mail Box Signal business? Open mail box and the red flag falls down to signal "You got mail"
Cans of food froze and all the food leaked out. Assume it was eaten by bugs? Wine looks good!
Old horse needs some work.
What is this?
Inside of - What is this?
Got lots of nice furniture.
A computer for the museum.
Tools tools and more tools.
1996 Volvo 960 Wagon. My car stored in the garage. Will sell for $4000 FIRM! No rust. Came from Georgia. Something is wrong with the engine. [misfire cylinder 2] Fixing it is on my list of things to do.
Water powered sump pump?
Gear box for E-Bike Non-hub Motor Drive?
?
Baby and stroller sold separately.
OK enough pictures. Fire up your big computers and go here:
http://www.voltev.com/170505/
Address is...... voltev.com/170505
Organizing 352 pictures has taken me all day. Made the web photo gallery with Adobe Bridge CC.
MARTY
Volt Electric Vehicles
http://www.voltev.com
marty
1 MW
1 MW

Re: Stuff

Postby marty » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:36 pm

More stuff.
Note the rolls of wire on left of second picture. Think this might be Wire recording or magnetic wire recording?
Wire recording
Wire recording or magnetic wire recording was the first early magnetic recording technology, an analog type of audio storage in which a magnetic recording is made on thin steel wire.

MARTY
Volt Electric Vehicles
marty
1 MW
1 MW

Postby nutspecial » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Nice haul!

I'll buy a bullet. Do you rent any guns though? :P

Auction will be quicker, but maybe CL/ebay would be better cash.
nutspecial
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Postby markz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:59 pm

I was at an estate sale last year, I just randomly was cruising on a Saturday or was it Sunday, and came across the signs and said to self "frock it" so I went. Nice big white tents, good auctioneer, I took in the atmosphere for 10 or 15 minutes and left.

I've been to tons of vehicle auctions, I enjoy them a lot. Sometimes I go and dont plan on buying anything.

This is what you do with shit like what you got. You hire an auctioneer and you spread the shit out on the front lawn on tables, shelving units, tv stands, night stands. I dont know how the pre-screen works with estate sales, like with car auctions you have all week to check out the inventory.

From the few pictures I saw, nothing looks like its worth much.
markz
10 GW
10 GW

Postby flat tire » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:03 am

That stuff is worthless and asking $4k for that volvo is :evil:.
Orange DH w/ Cyclone mid on 6kw
Gary Fisher w/ Leaf hub on 6kw
RC Lipo and domino throttles only!
flat tire
10 kW
10 kW

Postby The fingers » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:56 am

Interesting junque. 8)
Black Schwinn High Sierra
Blue Schwinn Cruiser 5
Blue Schwinn High Plains
Black Fiore Cruzer 5: Amped Warp Drive 26" Front DD/SLA kit
http://ghostbikes.org/
http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php
Hebrews 9:27
The fingers
100 GW
100 GW

Postby Hillhater » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:00 am

Just donate it to some homeless charity or the Salvation army or similar.
If not you know you are going to be stuck with a bunch of crap that no one will even take away for pennies.
At least you can feel good about yourself and not have the endless hassle of making a few bucks by haggling over junk.
This forum owes its existence to Justin of ebikes.ca
Hillhater
100 GW
100 GW

Postby nutspecial » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:02 am

Hey Marty, ever hear of this guy called 'craigslist hunter'?

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deepinthecity7

He goes into a lot of detail on 'reselling' full time/scale. Watching his videos it appears the full timers work on the highest volume possible, and if there's one local enough to you they will buy nearly a n y t h i n g as long as it's 1/4 to 1/3 what they think it's 'worth'.

Hey were those the African-Californian Raisins pictured above? Have you been googling/ebaying and finding anything of much value? I got some neat 'stuff' from a similar house I bought down here. Unfortunately people had picked thru the vacant heap for a year or two, but I came away with some neat stuff- in better condition the toys would have fetched thousands. I'll keep them for posterity and use the odd/edd tools. Only sold a few things on CL. I really gotta upload the b4 and after vids of that house, hoarder houses are amazing sometimes.
nutspecial
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Postby marty » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 am

Clothing, dishes, kitchen stuff, 1000's of pounds of books, and more, went to one of those Good Will trailers in a parking lot. There were [How to] books on everything from How To build a Swimming Pool, to How To Repair Refrigeration Cooling Systems. Assume books are now for sale at Good Will Stores?

I walked into a Lumber Yard around Christmas time and asked. "Do people ever come here with gifts?" Lumber guy said no. I said would you like a truck full of 2x4s? They took them. Said they cut them into driveway stakes.

Working on signs. Found a bunch of 24 x 18 coroplast signs in the junk. Printer suggested tapeing 2 - 11 x 17 card stock papers on each sign.
es.gif
es.gif (18.5 KiB) Viewed 1275 times

CAD program is most wonderful program for printing on multiple smaller papers. I love DeltaCad. Adobe Bridge CC is most wonderful program for sorting and renaming picture files. Tools > Batch Rename.

Next step is a Craigslist ad.

Got some interest is these lady and man ceramic plaques.
I have no idea what these are worth? Could be 50¢ could be a million dollars?
Last edited by marty on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
MARTY
Volt Electric Vehicles
marty
1 MW
1 MW

Postby markz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Clothing if its half decent would be put to good use at Homeless Shelters (dry or wet)
I go out of my way to donate my clothing to a "wet" shelter.
Last edited by markz on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
markz
10 GW
10 GW

Postby dingoEsride » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:44 pm

marty wrote:1996 Volvo 960 Wagon. My car stored in the garage. Will sell for $4000 FIRM! No rust. Came from Georgia. Something is wrong with the engine. [misfire cylinder 2] Fixing it is on my list of things to do.

around here you'd have to give that car away, some kid may think it's worth it because the cost to repair may outweigh it's value, good luck
ride like the wind
dingoEsride
100 kW
100 kW

Postby marty » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:21 am

See that moderators put my topic in the [Items for Sale - Used] area. My intent here was to have a General Discussion on how to sell/give away stuff and in turn teach others how to get rid of unwanted stuff.

Oh well - Cary on. The car is not really for sale. Hence the high price. One of my dreams is to let it get older for 20 years or so then do a total restoration. Take it apart every piece then write my own service manual with words and pictures. I want to learn how to make black and white line drawings from photographs. Drawings like ya see in a service manual. Got to jack the car up and put the frame/body on concrete blocks so the tires don't become square.

1996 Volvo 960 Wagon. [misfire cylinder 2] could be a bad spark plug? Mechanic told me to reset the code and switch parts with a different cylinder, then drive the car to see if different code comes up for the different cylinder. Mechanic also said that those cars have issues with the wires going to each cylinder. Problem is rough idle. I like learning about cars.

Bit weird going through dead peoples stuff. Neighbor told me that the guy who died was a plumber and hypnotist. 24 x 18 coroplast signs say:
STOP SMOKING
IN 1 HOUR
Guaranteed !
Hypnosis Makes It Easy !
1-800-141-6115

Learn about people by looking at their stuff. Think the plumber was a bit like me. We both like to invent things and we both have too much stuff. The neighbor also told me that after the guy died, his daughters came and took a few "trinkets". Neighbor also told me that he died after the October Storm which was in 2006. Impressive snow storm. Trees had leaves on them. The weight of the snow on the trees with leaves caused all the trees to break which caused electric wires to break.

I want to learn how to be a hypnotist and help people to stop smoking.

Now that this topic is in the [Items for Sale - Used] area. As per forum rules I need to put a price on each item. Went to some close antique shops and a Little Bit of Everything store. See paper price tags tied to items with a string.
Where can I buy these locally?

Got a antique guy and a auction guy coming to hopefully buy some stuff. Told the auction guy that I don't like to gamble and he will need to estimate what stuff is worth and buy it from me for a set price. All they want is the furniture.
Last edited by marty on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
MARTY
Volt Electric Vehicles
marty
1 MW
1 MW

Postby ecycler » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:30 am

marty wrote:1996 Volvo 960 Wagon. [misfire cylinder 2] could be a bad spark plug? Mechanic told me to reset the code and switch parts with a different cylinder, then drive the car to see if different code comes up for the different cylinder. Mechanic also said that those cars have issues with the wires going to each cylinder. Problem is rough idle. I like learning about cars.

I have multiple restored cars that are 40+ years old... if I were going to go through all the effort of choosing a one to store and then restore in 20 years, I would choose a much better vehicle than a 960 wagon. Just see if you can get the value out of it now. It is in all likelihood just a failed ignition coil. The mechanic gave you good advice. Those models have an individual coil per cylinder and they commonly go out one or two at a time until you replace all of them. Pretty common in most older euro cars, really.

As far as the other junk goes... I think you need to make a big bonfire. :twisted:
Any grease is better than no grease.
The best exercises are the ones you enjoy doing.
I strongly prefer vehicles without doors.
ecycler
10 kW
10 kW

Postby markz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Thats right, if its an easy fix, fix it yourself, it wont be worth it for you to get a mechanic to spin wrenches on it.
No one wants to buy a vehicle that doesnt work. Sell it at a low low price above what you'd get at a junker. Lets say you can get $200 at the junker, try to sell it for $400. Let it go for a week or two, because maybe someone may be looking for a parts vehicle. Then when you've had enough of it not selling, junk it.
markz
10 GW
10 GW

Postby 999zip999 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:56 pm

Call Danielle on American Pickers get her on it.
999zip999
100 GW
100 GW

Postby nutspecial » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:29 pm

^ :D +1

Now that this topic is in the [Items for Sale - Used] area. As per forum rules I need to put a price on each item. Went to some close antique shops and a Little Bit of Everything store. See paper price tags tied to items with a string.

:D :D Just do a special ES (read: special, EXTRA SPECIAL) lot price of like 5k for all (not including the car)? :wink:
nutspecial
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Postby markz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:03 pm

999zip999 wrote:Call Danielle on American Pickers get her on it.

ALL her tattoo's are hot!
markz
10 GW
10 GW

Postby flat tire » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:08 pm

The expectations to reality ratio here is thru the roof. Forget the belongings. You might make money by:

1) renovating the house if you have access to cheap labor (can speak foreign language)
2) selling the house after 1)
3) renting the house at after 1) for a positive cash flow then optionally selling it after the market appreciates it beyond what you put into it
4) just rent teh house as is, warning your tenants will suck if it's crappy and you'll have all the fun of dealing with them

I do this for a living so don't take it from me but all that crap you found inside the house is totally worthless and your car is the same.
Orange DH w/ Cyclone mid on 6kw
Gary Fisher w/ Leaf hub on 6kw
RC Lipo and domino throttles only!
flat tire
10 kW
10 kW

Postby markz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:15 pm

Buying homes, renting homes, renovating homes, and flipping homes is a business I want to be in.
Better to be in the commercial/industrial industry, as when the tenant dont pay, you swap the locks and get all their shit, if its not taken out by them already.
markz
10 GW
10 GW

Postby marty » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:36 am

In negotiations to sell everything. How much for everything delivered about 1 mile away? Labor to move everything is a lot of labor. How do you move a safe? Answer by copying question into google.
http://moving.tips/diy-tips/move-a-heav ... -yourself/
How to move a safe upstairs or downstairs? Depending on the exact location of your safe in your home, your will need to wheel out your metal storage container either downstairs or upstairs. When moving a safe upstairs, one helper should guide the safely wrapped safe while 2 other assistants lift up the dolly one small step at a time. On the other hand, moving a safe downstairs is even trickier, so have at least 3 of your friends guiding and easing the wheels of the heavy-duty dolly step by step. The entire safe moving operation should be done very slowly and smoothly with no sudden or rushed movements

Help wanted - 2 strong guys.
Don't know the combination. Talked to a locksmith about my safe. He said. "There's lots to go wrong with old safes."
MARTY
Volt Electric Vehicles
marty
1 MW
1 MW

Postby marty » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:40 am

marty wrote:In negotiations to sell everything. How much for everything delivered about 1 mile away? Labor to move everything is a lot of labor.

I said $3000. She said "a few hundred". Would be easier to move everything to the curb.

Meeting with a auction guy today. Auction place is 1.5 miles away. I don't like the word "consignment". You want my stuff? You pay me and I let you take it. Or I will deliver. If some one gives me $?000 for everything. I take the money and leave the door open. How could I be assured that they will take everything? As Judge Judy would say. Need a contract. I would rather pay for a clean out service. I pay when the job is done and house is empty. Problem is I don't want to pay $$$. I want someone to pay me $$$$.

Link to Craigslist ad:
https://buffalo.craigslist.org/gms/6100682715.html

Link to estatesales.net ad:
https://www.estatesales.net/NY/Tonawanda/14150/1510143
Paid $79 for this. Estatesales.net comes up first when I type [estate sales] into Google.

Went to some estate sales last Saturday. Surprised to see so many people and so many parked cars. Antique guy said that he thinks people are not buying stuff so they can have more stuff, but buying to resell on Craigslist or eBay.

Starting to think about taking the door off of that safe. I might be on the wrong forum? Where is the locksmith's forum? Safe would be worth a lot more if I knew the combination.

Answer to my question?
How to Remove Your Safe Door?
How to Remove Your Safe Door - Dye the Safe Guy
Last edited by marty on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
MARTY
Volt Electric Vehicles
marty
1 MW
1 MW

Postby nutspecial » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:12 am

If she's serious just work with her on the physical sale and let her work the transport in a timely manner?
nutspecial
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Postby marty » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:22 am

Auction guy gave a low price on a few things. I said not enough $$$. He said he will sell stuff if I bring it to him. Going to watch one of his auctions to see how much people pay for stuff.

nutspecial wrote:If she's serious just work with her on the physical sale and let her work the transport in a timely manner?

She own a shop and sells "A little bit of everything" I am going to do my own estate sale.
MARTY
Volt Electric Vehicles
marty
1 MW
1 MW

Postby nutspecial » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:10 am

According to that 'Craigslist Hunter' guy, even big items are often best sold on ebay.
Hmm, not too many 'schwabs' sold in the last 60 days, http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... Complete=1
but here's what's listed. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sc ... e&_sacat=0

I don't see any with curved lettering like yours, I wonder if it's older yet? Looks like they fetch a lil' bit even when not original.
nutspecial
1.21 GW
1.21 GW

Postby skeetab5780 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:27 am

How much for the 486 computer (PC box only)
skeetab5780
1 MW
1 MW

Next

Return to Items for Sale - Used