70$ Li-Ion Battery Pack 48V 10.5Ah 500w output

I was just curious where these packs came from, so I did some sleuthing and thought I'd pass the info on.

These are surplus from Wheels Model 2.0 micromobility bikes: https://takewheels.com/ .

The Wheels bikes are based on the iWalk Urban-2 scooter: https://i-walk.co.uk/product/urban-2-foldable-electric-scooter . You can see one of these batteries being replaced at this point in an iWalk product video: https://youtu.be/O5Pk3ryFgv8?t=102 .

Wheels raised nearly $100m in venture funding and expanded into several cities, but started struggling early this year and had to scale back staff and territory: https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/27/21156160/wheels-layoffs-ebike-electric-bike-dockless-micromobility .

The model of the battery itself is LN-AWK-07 manufactured by Shenzhen Nalon Battery Company. Google "ln-awk-07" to see ads for these all over the country, ranging from $50 to $180 per pack.

This is better news than I had anticipated. The fact that they seem to be trickling out via grey market channels had me thinking they might be recalls from a battery fire. More likely, Wheels is doing it this way to avoid anyone being able to count how many bikes they're decommissioning.

I will also add that they use 8mm barrel plug for charging, these are the same ones used on Xiaomi Scooters. I think you can find chargers that go up to 3amp so pretty decent. I could not find a place to just buy the plugs so I ended up changing the plugs to Anderson plugs. I also switched the load/motor side to XT90s because I could not find the correct male plug. Otherwise I'd have kept the battery plugs intact.

I got 2 batteries and they have been good so far. Sad to see that the seller disappeared.

Curveship,
Thanks for this information. I got 10 of these batteries to replace my 36V batteries. I was using four to five 36V/4.4Ah batteries in parallel on my ebikes. When I was connecting three of these 48V batteries in parallel, I made a mistake and shorted them. There was no issue. BMS protected each battery and the internal fuse (30A) was not affected. This 48V battery has 380 to 400 Wh usable capacity. Three in parallel gives me more than 1KWh which is needed for my 2WD ebike.

Does anyone have a link to chargers appropriate for these? I did some searching on amazon and elsewhere and found some 42V 3A chargers, but they don't appear to be the right ones. I searched using terms like "ln-awk-07" battery charger, Xiaomi scooter battery charger, and others.

The Toecutter said:
Does anyone have a link to chargers appropriate for these? I did some searching on amazon and elsewhere and found some 42V 3A chargers, but they don't appear to be the right ones. I searched using terms like "ln-awk-07" battery charger, Xiaomi scooter battery charger, and others.

When I was looking them up, I was pretty sure this charger was going to fit. I would have bought it but it was cheaper for me to change the plug connectors even though the case now doesn't look as seamless. The way I found it was that I saw some webpage where someone was selling these battery packs with this charger.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/sale-54-6V-3A-Li-ion-Battery-Charger-For-13S-48V-electric-bike-lithium-battery/153534623028?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=453523018819&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Edit: I tried to retrace my search to find that site that was selling the bike+battery+charger but I can't find it anymore. I know the first time it took me days to find it. It's pretty obscure. It wasn't a store selling it, it looked like it was some person selling used units.

Thank you for sharing this.

Now, do these already have Anderson connectors built in, or do I have to solder some wires on the terminals and add some?

This would make a great starter battery just to get something going on the cheap.

Do you care to explain why you stiffed me $160? by not sending the batteries I ordered. I think it might per pertinent to others considering ordering.

dose I sent you the batteries lost the tracking number and you still got a refund. It was my mistake, but stop asking for more batteries I will not do business with you that simple

A few days after dose0018 posted his/her issues, I thought maybe it was an one off so I decided to contact the seller to purchase my 2nd order of 2 packs for $160. Since this was my 2nd order I contacted the seller directly via email, got a quick response a few hours later and I sent payment. My prior 1st order was sent Priority USPS flat rate and arrived within 3 days. This time, I waited a week.... nothing. I emailed seller asking if it had been shipped and to provide tracking. Seller responded she had shipped and was going to send tracking later. A few days later I followed up and no email response. I patiently waited a few more days (about 2-3 weeks passed now) and filed a paypal dispute asking for the batteries or a refund. Seller could have simply issued the refund but seller never responded or communicated. It went all the way to Paypal review and they issued a refund. Maybe seller had reasons for not shipping/no tracking but never shared those with me.

The 1st order I got the batteries work fine that's why I wanted 2 more packs but I guess seller didn't want to sell them anymore? Now the price has gone up from $75 to $90. I was going to just let this thread die since it was already getting old but since it has been revived, I thought I'd share my experience.

I have the same story as others: I ordered two packs on 9/25 for $180 shipped. Seller said she'd get me tracking numbers in "a couple hours." Never got them. Never got the batteries. No replies to messages. I opened an issue on PayPal, still no reply. I just elevated that to a claim. Hopefully that will get me my money back.

Could the mods close this one? Since some batteries were delivered, I don't know if it's a scam or just a really disorganized seller, but several people are now reporting the same issues.

There are more battery scams than any other scams well I guess this is E.S. that would make sense. For us to smell them out but they also come here to take your money. One guy in Florida got $20,000 to his account through E.S. members. He worked as a gardener somewhere and didn't have ID he asked his sister and someone found his sister or something like this and she got him to return the money even though he couldn't access it. At the time. JR Holmes step in and got it done.

yeah this seller is a joke, and I like how they try to make it sound like I did not pay them, even though I have the PayPal paperwork...but yeah they lost the dispute. What I was suggesting earlier was that if they had sent batteries to everyone who ordered them there would be no more to buy.

But if you want these packs check with the user Ellectrico. I think they still have some (and cheaper). I have not bought these packs from Ellectrico but bought loose cells and they were a good seller. Real straight shooter. So I would recomend them.

Tumich has a sales thread here. Excellent and reliable source.

tomjasz said:

Does he ship packs to US? It's a long thread so I didn't make it that far but it appeared that he was unable to

Manbeer said:
tomjasz said:

Does he ship packs to US? It's a long thread so I didn't make it that far but it appeared that he was unable to

Yes to the USA, but only loose cells. No welded packs.

Back