NEW Tidalforce S-750 eBike frames/parts for INDIVIDUAL SALE

Place for dealers to post items for sale.

NEW Tidalforce S-750 eBike frames/parts for INDIVIDUAL SALE

Postby oatnet » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:02 pm

You might have seen my earlier post to sell this large lot of purpose-built electric bike frames and parts; please check that thread for background and pictures of the incredible weld quality, ebike specific features like the built in torque-bar mount and cable channel inside the frame, and individual parts. These frames are new and unused, and while I noticed minor toolmarks on a few (mostly where the headset was removed) overall they are in great condition.

=================================================
EDIT: THE THREAD WHERE I LISTED THIS AS A LOT HAS SCROLLED OFF, AND ALL OF THE PICTURES i WAS POINTING TO WENT WITH IT. I DELETED THE LINK THAT WAS RIGHT HERE, AND i HAVE RE-ADDED THOSE SAME PICTURES TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST, AND TO MY NEXT POST DOWN.
=================================================

Anyhow, I have gotten a suprising number of requests for individual sales, and I am worn out from emailing with the (4) folks who are trying to wheel-and-deal me for the lot. :roll: So I'm going to offer frames and parts up for individual sale until one of the players stops haggling, steps up, and plunks down the cash. I'm sorta hoping that making the lot smaller will motivate one of those players, so be aware that this offer could end at any time. :shock:

I could hassle with selling these on ebay for more to maximize profit, but since I am only trying to get my initial investment back, I am passing my volume-purchase discount on to you with blowout prices. I have factored in a little profit to pay my wife for her time, since she has agreed to make this all possible by doing the packaging and shipping.

As you see above, there are two frames in each box, so I am offering a significant discount when you buy the pair so we don't have to re-box an individual frame. I've also included some bonus OEM Tidalforce parts with each frame to help you get started. Even better, when you buy a frame I'll give you a 15% discount off the other OEM Tidalforce parts, as long as they are paid for and shipped with the frame 'kit'.

Thanks for looking!
-JD

Each Frame 'kit' includes:
***** (1) TidalForce S-750 frame in your choice of Silver or Red
***** (1) Bottom Bracket (installed)
***** (1) 3-ring Front Derialluer (installed)
***** (1) Kickstand (loose)
***** (1) Seatpost (loose)
***** (1) Seat (loose)
***** 15% Discount on any other parts paid for and shipped with the frame

(1) Frame kit: $75
(2) Frame kits: $100

Additional OEM TidalForce S-750 Parts (loose, repackaged)
TAKE 15% ADDITIONAL OFF THESE PRICES WHEN BUYING A FRAME!
=====================================
$34 pair, Tecktro v-brakes (Front and rear, includes pads, cables, and mounting hardware, clears 2.5" hookworm tires)
$28 SRAM 48t/38t/28t cranksets/ pedal arms
$18 Shimano ACERA Rear Derailleurs
$16 Truvativ Handlebars/stems
$14 pair, Wellgo pedals
$ 6 pair, Tektro v-brake levers (left and right, imbedded magnet for brake sensor)
$ 9 SRAM 7-speed cassettes
$ 8 Chains
$35 Durable Double Kickstands

Shipping will be actual-cost FedEx ground shipping at posted rates. Payment accepted via PayPal if shipped to your CONFIMED address and you pay their 3% fee, or via USPS money order (onlY USPS!). We can ship the loose parts in a second box, or we can pack parts in with the frames as best we can if you are willing to risk them coming loose inside the box: your frames, your dime, your choice.

Look at the size of these Welds, and note how the top tube and down tube are welded together for additional support. Also note how tall the the oval tubing is!

This rear triangle brace also serves as the torque-arm mount on the factory Tidalforce. Note the shipping bolt that keeps the frame spread at the proper size.
frame a brace IMG_6822.JPG
frame a brace IMG_6822.JPG (65.31 KiB) Viewed 8381 times

Here is the Red version, it comes in Red and Silver, both colors a gleaming beauties. Dozens of buyers have commented on how beautiful the finish and color is. Image

Here is the Silver version. NOTE that it has both rear disk brakes and vbrake mount, the bossesfor a rear rack and water bottle, and most importantly the channel in the top tube that you can run power cables through so they don't chafe your leg. Also Bosses as guides for power and shifter/brake cables.

Detail on the Derralliur and bottom bracket, included with each frame
frame front deralliur and bottom bracket IMG_6823.JPG
(65.78 KiB) Downloaded 3718 times

Seat and Seatpost, included with each frame
seat and seatpost IMG_6810.JPG
(51.88 KiB) Downloaded 3702 times

Kickstand, included with each frame
kickstands IMG_6803.JPG
(37.39 KiB) Downloaded 3682 times

OEM Tektro Brake Levers, optional component. These have built-in magnets for triggering reed sensors, note the mounting points on top for the factory reed sensors. I have also used these with Avid BB7 disk brakes.
brake levers_IMG_6806.JPG
(66.18 KiB) Downloaded 3669 times

OEM Front and rear Tektro V brakes, optional component. Note that each pack includes Front and Rear brakes, correctly sized cables, pads, and mounting hardware. One of these packs and a One pair of brake handles is everything for a complete set of brakes for one frame.
brakes IMG_6802.JPG
(48.11 KiB) Downloaded 3656 times

SCROLL DOWN FOR PICTURES OF THE REST OF THE PARTS !
Attachments
frame welding detail IMG_6815.JPG
(80.19 KiB) Downloaded 1454 times
frame_silver_left_IMG_6819.JPG
(65.21 KiB) Downloaded 1455 times
frame red right IMG_6821.JPG
(77.32 KiB) Downloaded 1447 times
frame 2 in boxIMG_6813.JPG
(38.46 KiB) Downloaded 1439 times
Last edited by oatnet on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
oatnet
100 MW
100 MW

Re: NEW Tidalforce S-750 eBike frames/parts for INDIVIDUAL SALE

Postby snowranger » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:04 pm

Anyone in the SF Bay Area want to split a pair of frames?
Electric: BBS02 / Nuvinci Developer Kit / 14s Li
Bike : Yuba Mundo
Accessories: 12 volt lighting, 48V horn
Miles: 300 mi
snowranger
10 kW
10 kW

Postby BikeFanatic » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:33 am

I am interested in two frames plus parts please. I sent a PM. thankyou
BikeFanatic
1 kW
1 kW

Postby rkosiorek » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:47 pm

have you considered Greyhound?

i once shipped 2 bikes in a box total weight 50lb. from Rochester NY to San Diego for $65.00. delivery time was 3 days. it was a lot cheaper than FEDEX.

rick
DISCLAIMER:
We will not be responsible for damage to equipment, your ego, blown parts, county wide power outages, spontaneously generated mini (or larger) black holes, planetary disruptions, or personal injury that may result from the use of this material.
- Samuel M. Goldwasser -
rkosiorek
1 MW
1 MW

Postby oatnet » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:48 pm

I got requests for moe than a dozen today, we are swamped trying to get the first orders weighed and the shipping worked out and it is taking some time. I'll get back to everyone with totals Tomorrow or Saturday. If you have your request in, I will honor it no matter what happens with the Lot sale. Thanks for your patience!

-JD

EDIT: HIJACKING THIS POST FOR MORE PICTURES OF OPTIONAL COMPONENTS :D

OEM SRAM 7-Speed cassette, optional
cassette_IMG_6795.JPG
(80.46 KiB) Downloaded 3623 times

OEM Shimano ACERA Rear Derailleur, optional
rear_deralliur IMG_6809.JPG
(48.09 KiB) Downloaded 3609 times

OEM 48t/38t/28t cranksets/ pedal arms, optional - made to work with the included Front Deralliur.
crank top IMG_6804.JPG
(34.44 KiB) Downloaded 3606 times

OEM Wellgo pedals, optional - sturdy, grippy, and comfortable
pedals IMG_6801.JPG
(62.05 KiB) Downloaded 3594 times

OEM Chain, optional - sized for OEM Crank, OEM cassette, OEM derailliur,
chains_IMG_6797.JPG
(46.16 KiB) Downloaded 3589 times

OEM Truvativ handlebar and stem
handlebar and stems IMG_6807.JPG
(55.08 KiB) Downloaded 3581 times

Durable Double Kickstand - fits these frames perfectly, a nice Upgrade!
dual stand front IMG_6825.JPG
dual stand front IMG_6825.JPG (48.31 KiB) Viewed 8526 times
Last edited by oatnet on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oatnet
100 MW
100 MW

Postby ambroseliao » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:45 am

Thanks JD for offering these great parts/deals for us. I am very eager to get my order but totally understand how you would be swamped!!

Ambrose
http://www.ebikes.ca/ is the best!

TidalForce M-750X, Tidalforce S-750 with Crystalyte HS3540, 1x TF iO-X Cruiser. E+ 1000W hybrid bike. ebikes.ca DrainBrain & Cycle Analyst meters. GoPro HD Hero2 camera. Bosch Fat Packs, 37V 10Ah LiPO pack. Turnigy Multistar 10Ah batteries
My blog: http://ebikerider.blogspot.com
Remember LiFEPo4 HVC is 3.65V and LVC is 2.7V
ambroseliao
1 MW
1 MW

Postby deVries » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:57 am

Thanks to you and your wife for making this possible. 8)

I just PM'd my order to you. I'm in no rush, so you can take your time with my order. Just wanted to make sure I got my order in before you may stop your limited time offer.

deVries
deVries
1 MW
1 MW

Postby oatnet » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:54 pm

Wow, it took all weekend and I am exhausted, but I blasted through all of the orders from the last week - except for (2) Canadian orders, which Ypedel helped me to figure out the shipping regulations on, but I'm waiting for my wife to sort out the details.

Everyone who has asked for a shipping quote should have heard from me, If you haven't heard from me, then apologies I've lost track of your order in the crush :oops: please PM me and I will get it sorted.

Everyone who has paid, your order is packed and sealed and will ship tomorrow. It takes a lot longer to pack than I expected, and because of the complexity I am having to do more of this myself than I anticpated, so going forward I will only be able to prepare 1-2 boxes per day. Please be patient, I'll ship in the order of payment received, and get them packed as fast as I can.

-JD

PS: SHIPPING COST GUIDELINE: the box with (2) frames os 47"x20"x8", and with (2) of each component it weighs 45lbs. The closest shipping quoted was $19.13 to AZ, and the furthest shipping was $38.41 to NJ.

PPS: rkosiorek, thanks for the suggestion, but it looks like FedEx Ground today is a lot cheaper than Greyhound was way-back-when :lol: . Maybe you were thinking of FedEx Overnight? When Fedex Ground came out (2002?) I found it to be 30% cheaper than UPS, and I shipped dozens of 60lb Cisco Switches and routers to east coast locations for under $45 each. I don't know how UPS compares these days, every UPS box I receive these days arrives squashed, looking like an accordian, so I strive to not use them.
oatnet
100 MW
100 MW

Postby aerodog90275 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:18 pm

any frames in grey left? With all the bike parts too? Am I way too late? Tidalforce 1000w upgraded by LEVT and lovin it. Never liked the folding frame idea. Tried once, would rather have stronger frame. These look great for good price.
aerodog90275

Postby oatnet » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:28 pm

aerodog90275 wrote:any frames in grey left? With all the bike parts too? Am I way too late? Tidalforce 1000w upgraded by LEVT and lovin it. Never liked the folding frame idea. Tried once, would rather have stronger frame. These look great for good price.

I still have gray frames and parts, please send me a PM (private message) or post your email addy and let me know what you are looking for.

I am a huge TF fan too, having the battery in the front hub and motor in the rear hub provide great front/rear balance, not to mention a low center of gravity - I use one on my beach ride every single day. :D

-JD
oatnet
100 MW
100 MW

Postby oatnet » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:41 pm

I am very concerned.

The first person just got their frames, and basically asked 'Where are the forks?' :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have a lot of respect for this person, I know he isn't yanking my chain, so I am really concerned that I haven't communicated well enough. :shock: :oops: I've tried to explain specifically what is included in detail, and I've tried to show lots of pictures, so I could demonstrate exactly what I have for sale. I have included examples below from my initial post, two frames packed in a box, asst frames out of the box, and many other pics of the frames on the link. The frames you see in the pictures are the frames I am selling. The parts you see in the pictures are the parts I am selling. Are other folks thinking these frames come with bonus stuff I didn't get around to taking pictures of? I really hope not, I would be horrified.

-JD

oatnet wrote:
Here is a link with lots of pictures and info:

>>>> http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10575 <<<<

[b]Each Frame 'kit' includes:
***** (1) TidalForce S-750 frame in your choice of Silver or Red
***** (1) Bottom Bracket (installed)
***** (1) 3-ring Front Derialluer (installed)
***** (1) Kickstand (loose)
***** (1) Seatpost (loose)
***** (1) Seat (loose)
***** 15% Discount on any other parts paid for and shipped with the frame

oatnet
100 MW
100 MW

Postby gogo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:00 pm

I caught that detail.
"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." -Steven Wright
gogo
100 MW
100 MW

Postby StudEbiker » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:41 pm

Loud and clear to me. Did you get the PM I sent? I have the parts order put together now too.
StudEbiker
10 MW
10 MW

Postby oatnet » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:53 am

Gogo, StudEbiker, glad to hear that, thanks. :D I think this is a great deal on a great frame and I want people to be excited when they open that box, I want it to be better than they expected.

StudEbiker got your PM, will respond shortly. :D

-JD
oatnet
100 MW
100 MW

Postby oatnet » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:40 am

FYI, I'm going to be out of state next week, so assuming we can ship FedEx Ground on Saturday, Friday 6/11 payments will be the last ones we can box and ship until we get back. I'll have email and can answer questions while I'm away, I just won't be able to box, weigh, or ship for the duration.

-JD
oatnet
100 MW
100 MW

Postby swbluto » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:19 am

It didn't seem like you were selling forks to me. "Tidal force frame" seems pretty self-explanatory.
swbluto
100 GW
100 GW

Postby Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:29 am

u can't even buy a fork alone for the price these frames r selling @, can u?
Kick down the barricades Listen what the kids say.
From time to time people change their minds But the Frock is here to stay.
I've seen it all from the bottom to the top Everywhere I go the kids wanna Frock.
Around the world or around the block Everywhere I go the kids wanna Frock.
Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh
10 MW
10 MW

Postby oatnet » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:55 am

OK, everyone who has paid as-of today has been shipped and you should have your tracking numbers. I can take questions and new orders during the week, but because I am out of town I won't be able to ship until Saturday. :D If your PayPal invoice was cancelled, it was because I didn't want you to make payment and then be suprised I couldn't ship next day, LMK and I'll send you a new one.

Also a reminder - PayPal requires sellers ship to the buyer's Confirmed address. I also accept USPS money orders if you need it shipped somewhere else, or want to save on PayPal fees.

-JD
oatnet
100 MW
100 MW

Postby sharkmobil » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:37 pm

Do these frames take all the regular bike components? (DH Fork, crankset, etc)
sharkmobil
10 W
10 W

Postby oatnet » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:24 am

sharkmobil wrote:Do these frames take all the regular bike components? (DH Fork, crankset, etc)

Yep! 1 1/8" steerer tube for the fork, I think the bottom bracket is standard plus I have crankshafts that go with them

-JD
oatnet
100 MW
100 MW

Postby deVries » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:16 pm

oatnet wrote:
sharkmobil wrote:Do these frames take all the regular bike components? (DH Fork, crankset, etc)

Yep! 1 1/8" steerer tube for the fork, I think the bottom bracket is standard plus I have crankshafts that go with them

-JD

Hi JD,

Please measure what "the standard" fork length was for the original fork that came with the TF. That way we can know what the design geometry was originally. The measurement needed is the distance from the bottom fork dropout 'center' or axle center to the top of the crown 'center' where the 1 1/8 tube joins the fork -that's the vertical distance so we can know the height of the fork from the axle 'center' to the center top of the crown/fork.

The other measurement is the rake of the fork... how much forward reach the dropout has if the fork is not straight but bent forward near the dropout. I realize you can't easily be exact -maybe use a rigid ruler down the center-line of the fork and then measure the rake distance from that ruler edge to dropout center.

TF may have gone with a non-standard fork design to meet some ride geometry goal, so it would be important to know what that fork design was initially.

Thanks
deVries
1 MW
1 MW

Postby Ypedal » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:52 pm

Hey, if anyone knows a good online source for complete front assemblies with disk brakes and all.. maybe we could work a deal for all those of us who got frames needing front ends ! I'm considering buying a complete set x 6 and get it all over with in one shot , looking around at the options.. :mrgreen:
ES site status page:
http://www.ypedal.com/ES/ES.htm
----------------
http://www.ypedal.com
Ypedal
100 GW
100 GW

Postby oatnet » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:33 am

Hi DeVries!

The stock steerer tube was about 9.25", and the dropouts to the headset looked like it was about 19", and as I remember it was pretty straight. Wavecrest used standard parts, 100mm travel and I think they were SR Suntour Duro, I'll check one out when I get back to LA.

I know I promised to get you another set of detailed measurements so you could leave a deposit, but I ship the next business day after payment and I have been up late every night, packing orders to maintain that standard. I have orders pending for 14 more when I get back so I'll have a busy weekend, but when it lets up I'll pull out your pm and get the detailed set of measurements you asked for.

I am not a bike expert, but as I currently understand it rake is controlled by fork height, and mm travel is the chief determinant of fork height. The stock S-750 is extremely agile which I think is appealing to younger folks, I prefer slower response so I am going to try a taller adjustable triple-crown fork on my Xtracycle (in my sig below) to see how it works. WARNING: I am an amatuer and may not be aware of all the implications of my ideas, use non- standard hardware at your own risk, bikes and ebikes are dangerous so take all necessary precautions to avoid injury or death to yourself and others.
Member 117 of 26,000+

153v DUNE BUGGY © 164v Vectrix E-Moto © 72v Norco A-line/x5403 © 60v Specialized Enduro Comp/BMC © 72v x5tracycle © 48v TF IO/BMC © 36v Kepler FrictionDrive © Spot-Welding a123 © Pelican Front Packs © Vectrix Battery Replacement © MORE !!

Image大鸡巴 Motors
Knowledge is acquired through experience, everything else is just information - Albert Einstein
"Cheater?" I'm not competing, I'm Commuting!
oatnet
100 MW
100 MW

Postby vanilla ice » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:20 pm

I'm in for this deal, bumplestiltskin.
vanilla ice
1 GW
1 GW

Postby Ypedal » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:26 pm

My boxes arrived today !!! wohoooo ! no duties and no brokerage ! sweeet ! 8)
ES site status page:
http://www.ypedal.com/ES/ES.htm
----------------
http://www.ypedal.com
Ypedal
100 GW
100 GW

Next

Return to Items for Sale - New