*Barely* used scooter batteries; 40 LG MJ1 inside

julienlav92

100 µW
If any of you follow Battery Hookup and what they sell, you might have run across these:

https://batteryhookup.com/products/40-lg-mj1-3500mah-10a-18650-cells?_pos=602&_sid=9d56c9f67&_ss=r&variant=37424371302562

As you can see, they are now sold out of these. I had bought 12 of these packs, and have completely separated one of them (so I have 40 individual cells), 2 of them I have broken down to the inner casing, and the other 9 are still in their outer shell, waiting to be taken apart. Of the one pack that I completely took apart and have all 40 individual cells, all of them were at 3.7v, so 50-60% SOC. Battery Hookup says that of the ones that they tested of this lot that they were selling, all of them were at almost full capacity, or high 90's (it was a BMS issue that these packs went bad, not the cells). Follow the URL provided and read what they have to say about these packs for more details.

I was going to use the individual cells for an EV application, but have found something that better suits my needs. So I am looking to offload all of these. Just wanting to get back what I paid for them. Anybody interested? I live in Southern California area, so I can come meet you if that works. I will be driving to southern Utah next week and going back (so going through Vegas), and might be making a trip out to AZ soon if that helps. Shoot me a PM if interested, thanks.

Bump, I have 2 of these packs left, but I have gone and separated the cells and I can sell them individually. Let me know if any of you are interested, thx.

Alright, I went and disassembled the other pack, I now have 80 MJ1 cells that are tested, all sit between 3350-3500 mAh. They’re all resting between 3.5-3.7v. Let me know if any of you are interested, thanks. IMG_5985.jpeg

::ears perk up::

I am getting towards dire need for another 42 cels...

but I will bow to the chap looking for all of em.

I'm still shopping around trying to figure things out, so feel free to jump in if you can get a hold of the guy. :)

If my cali guy goes ta ta to the sky, I am gonna give a throw at ordering from a company in China, they sent a demo unit (I need to hand that off to the chap that is killing batteries with uber work load) and it passed my admittedly kinda cheesewhiz tests. I am getting 3200mAh off it consistently, and they are willing to work with my factoring company, so if the shipment is meh, I can get recovered funds.

Now the question is, does anyone else want the whiz? :😆: or am I ordering from another local?

Back