LIGHTNING RODS BIG BLOCK TWO STAGE NEW OPEN BOX 500$

DogDipstick

100 kW
Lightning rods Big block 2-Stage kit. Everything is there, best of my knowledge. Price is OBO. Brand new never used but I am not the original purchaser.

I sell and ship to hundreds of customers, in my life, supporting my hobby. ..never a problem. I can show you feedback.

For pics, post interest and I will post pics here if anyone wants.

Includes : Belt Wheels Freewheels motor motor mountings bottom bracket mountings and thermal sensor... Jackshaft, drive chains, sprockets, BB shell, crank arms.. and a typical lack of support from Michal Backus comes with it. I did not buy the item from him: but it is certainly one of his original mid drives. Original cost was somewhere round 700$ I think.

Pics available. Price is VERY OBO. Go ahead Lowball me.

Stock Pic, not the item you will receive, but a example. Just wanted to show the time and effort in this design, as opposed to the current offering of " balls hanging off swingarm low motor for fancy heavy steel EEB frames" that, is the only current, Lightning Rods, offering.

This is rare. You probably will NOT find another ( LR 2Stage MId) your ENTIRE life. In new condition... This, very well, may be, the LAST one... Period.

US DESIGNED. NOT A GNG kit. Not a clone. The real deal.

6kW Mid drive with 10 kW peaks.

Attachments

• LR4.png
    LR4.png
    208.5 KB · Views: 701
  • LRBB.jpg
    LRBB.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 682
  • LRBB2.jpg
    LRBB2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 682
i'm assuming this is for normal 68 to 73 mm bottom bracket? Could be fun on my super 73

Manbeer said:
i'm assuming this is for normal 68 to 73 mm bottom bracket? Could be fun on my super 73

This is.. Kinda why I am not using it. The Bottom bracket brace is 68.4mm.. Inside dimension. Period. Not adjustable.

it fits neither my Banshee ( 74mm) nor my Ironhorse (72mm) i wished to build. I dont want to cut and destroy the bracket.

Thankyou for reminding me to include that dimension: It is important.

Attachments

• LRbracket68mm.jpg
    LRbracket68mm.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 674
goatman said:
trade you a box of corn dogs?

Sure..

Whats the address. Lol.

I have a large collection of aged toe nails in a vacuum packed bag I’ve been wanting to cash in on…..it’s like a 40 year collection. I’m willing to give you a break and make a trade.

Let me know.

Tom

What kinda speed is this motor capable of pushing I know there is a lot of factors but in a general sense with the direct drive no gears ?

Nfyerzeva said:
What kinda speed is this motor capable of pushing I know there is a lot of factors but in a general sense with the direct drive no gears ?

Tell me your wheel diameter, the power you plan to run, the ratio of the front to rear crank ( how many teef on the crankring and rear sprockety) , and I will tell you . Here is a reference to the rations available with the ratio of this drive.

50mph -60mph should be achievable with the right batteries ( from what they say, not from my experience, this drive is new old stock) and corrosponding controller ( voltage range).

it is a 62kV motor with a 5:1 primary reduction.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=109931

This drive was well known for many years and there is a 200 page thread about it ( and all the ratios, speeds,) here: From those that rode them when they first came out.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57720

Back