For sale: $200, eZee motor, controller, Cycle Analyst, throttle

pdf

10 kW
For sale: $200

eZee geared rear hub motor. Real hill climber. 35A controller (56V max.), Anderson powerpoles connection to battery, short twist grip and thumb throttle, nice 26 in. tire included. 135 mm dropout spacing. Cycle Analyst. Will need spoke magnet (similar to this https://www.amazon.com/CAT-EYE-Universal-Wheel-Magnet/dp/B000OYFENU?th=1) for speed output on CycleAnalyst. Because of freewheeling geared hub, the CycleAnalyst uses a magnetic sensor on front fork. 7 ring freewheel. Halls sensor wires taped at end near connector; got too close to tire and skinned off the insulation on a couple of wire. Wires not cut and all works fine.

Will add a nice 48v/3A charger (from Grin) in nice metal housing for $40. Uses a 3 pin XLR fitting for connection to battery. LEDs for charging/charged state.

All parts purchased from Grin Technologies. PM if interested.

Attachments

• eZee1.jpg
    eZee1.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 321
  • eZee2.jpg
    eZee2.jpg
    692.7 KB · Views: 321
  • eZee3.jpg
    eZee3.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 321
  • eZee4.jpg
    eZee4.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 321
  • eZee5.jpg
    eZee5.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 321
I don't know. Copied and pasted from another post below as a point of reference...

"i run my 9C 8x8 on 24s lifepo with a 60amp controller.
i have upgraded the phase wires (through to windings) and oil cooled it, but i dont have a temp prob.
i can run it continuously at ~2kw as long as my speed is up, and tend to keep it below 3 on the hills (just with throttle and pedalling). after 15- mins or so of hill climbing it is barely warm (hand test) at these levels.
before the mods i ran it at 60v/40a with no probs at all.
im fairly careful (because i dont have a temp probe)- this power level is not without risk, i could prob fry it without trying too hard!
anyway hope this helps"

This motor is original; none of these mods. Never opened it. I don't believe running at 2kw continuous would be a good idea. 1000w for several minutes would be possible I suspect. It has less than 100 miles on it. It was used on some pretty steep hills (live in a hilly area) and some long hills but not both steep and long. I did not run it above 1200w, mostly for the sake of the battery and mostly around 500W.

I am sure the Crystalyte would be more tolerant but it is also heavier. It was nearly the most heavily built Crystalyte when I got it (8 or so years ago.)

I've been a fan of the 9C's. A bit lighter than the Crytalytes but cheaper and well-built. I had a slow-wind that I ran at 72v that was a crazy hill climber for short steep hills. I think I still have that one somewhere...

pdf said:
Was a big fan and reader of Endless sphere for years back in "the day" (8 years ago?). Did many ebike projects. Parting out.

Wanted to bump this back up if anyone is considering buying.

This is the sheer quality of buying from this man- I have never had someone go THIS APESHIT on packaging parts to make sure they remain undamaged. This CHAD supported the wheel using tupperware bowls over the axles and braced the box using wood paneling in a criss-cross method; he then wrapped the rim in foam pipe insulation and packed the rest with cardboard and spent plastic bags. Probably arrived at my home within 2-3 days of him sending it. Thing was RIGID. Highly recommend!

I'll see now if the pictures attach; ES for some reason, kicks me out in seconds no matter which PC at home I login from- says "Submitted form was invalid" each time.

Attachments

• IMG_20221102_152703.jpg
    IMG_20221102_152703.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 327
That looks like the op had too much time on his hands. But better than having the axle and the wire popping out the side of the box all beat up. Good luck let's hear how you like it.

I bought his Crystalyte setup. Couldnt be clearer on the product provided exceeding expectations. Had it fired up and running within days of receipt - no issues. CA gives total miles on the motor as 1650. This thing is still a baby in motor terms.

Similar stellar pack job. Pillows were used in my packing.

I know the quality of the ezee motors so it is tempting, but I dont really need it.

Back