FS: Tesla Model S 18650 cells! Welded Packs! Panasonic; NCA

Got something to sell? Have extra parts that need a good home? Have something that others would need to complete their kits? Post it up here and see if anyone else is searching for what you are selling. Guest may post replies to topics already here. All topics here will expire after 90 days of inactivity.
okashira
100 kW
100 kW

Re: FS: Tesla Model S 18650 cells! Welded Packs! Panasonic;

Post by okashira » Feb 28, 2017 11:46 pm

joshuahandrich wrote:
okashira wrote: This is not a zero sum game, you can help others without hurting yourself.

I don't disagree with you, but then again this is not communist russia. I don't have to tell you if I don't want to. Simple as that.
I have been burned a few times recently giving out free consulting.
Folks ran with free advice I gave them and went around our services, even though they had their own large budgest for the projects they were running (I am not just talking about individuals doing their home diy conversion - half million dollar projects)

I have also had folks posing as such just to try to get information.
Russia is not and has never been truly communist, but that's a different point entirely. I'm sorry you've been burned in the past, they seem like shitty people to take your work and then profit off of it without giving any credit or compensation. Thank you for dropping your shield about this for a moment and explaining the situation, it comes across much better than your initial callous annoyed response, but I now do understand where you are coming from and your justification for not sharing this and think much more highly of you. I also do believe that you could make much more money off of this if you wanted but are definitely providing a service here by offering this service at the rates you do. Alas, an ideal world this is not. In the future, if you have other projects that you wish to work on for the community and the sharing of information while avoiding others profiting off of your work, open sourcing things and using a Creative Commons license may be an option. Not for these batteries specifically, but possibly for future projects. Thank you for taking the time to explain yourself, and sorry for any undue grief that I have caused you. If you feel the urge to send me a tip pointing me in the right direction as far as possibly a solvent for the glue or something in a PM, I would be most grateful, however, I completely understand if you're not willing to.
It's not something i want to do long term (tearing down modules). I am just trying to make some cash to afford a shop and fund our other upcoming projects.
"Peace out - I'm done."
-- Bernhard Riemann, 1859

edisonmotors.net
Tesla Model S 18650 cells - like new - and custom packs from Tesla cells for sale. Any shape Any power Any capacity.
PM me or search my threads.

okashira
100 kW
100 kW

Post by okashira » Feb 28, 2017 11:53 pm

The other problem is it's flat out dangerous. I know of several folks who have started serious fires doing it.
I have not myself knock on wood.

It's not information I would sell, that is for sure.
"Peace out - I'm done."

edisonmotors.net
Tesla Model S 18650 cells - like new - and custom packs from Tesla cells for sale. Any shape Any power Any capacity.

joshuahandrich
100 W
100 W

Post by joshuahandrich » Feb 28, 2017 11:53 pm

Best of luck to you with these endeavors. And, again, I do apologize for my terse tone, it was not the most ideal knee jerk response on my part either. Excited to see what you do next.

okashira
100 kW
100 kW

Post by okashira » Feb 28, 2017 11:55 pm

joshuahandrich wrote:Best of luck to you with these endeavors. And, again, I do apologize for my terse tone, it was not the most ideal knee jerk response on my part either. Excited to see what you do next.
Thanks, I am sorry for my initial rude reply also. I was trying to be a little facetious.
"Peace out - I'm done."

edisonmotors.net

joshuahandrich
100 W
100 W

Post by joshuahandrich » Feb 28, 2017 11:59 pm

okashira wrote:The other problem is it's flat out dangerous. I know of several folks who have started serious fires doing it.
I have not myself knock on wood.

It's not information I would sell, that is for sure.
Puncturing high energy density LiMn cells is not to be contended with. Granted, many others on this forum have made similar follies, but not something you want to be responsible for. And, these modules seem to have harder glue and plastic than cells from my small amount of experience. I've liberated almost half of the cells so far in my free time, I'm sure eventually I'll free them all. Just slow going as ensuring the cells are not dented or punctured (or shorted, overheated etc. etc.) is of the upmost priority. There were a few unsalvagable cells I've liberated so far, and in my testing, though most were not terribly energetic when shorted or punctured, one punctured with a screwdriver near the positive terminal of the cell did lead to complete thermal runaway and melted a large hole in the side of the cell.
Last edited by joshuahandrich on Mar 01, 2017 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

joshuahandrich
100 W
100 W

Post by joshuahandrich » Mar 01, 2017 12:00 am

okashira wrote:
joshuahandrich wrote:Best of luck to you with these endeavors. And, again, I do apologize for my terse tone, it was not the most ideal knee jerk response on my part either. Excited to see what you do next.
Thanks, I am sorry for my initial rude reply also. I was trying to be a little facetious.
Understandable. Sometimes things in text do not come across as intentioned.

teslanv
1 GW
1 GW

Post by teslanv » Mar 02, 2017 10:43 am

joshuahandrich wrote:What is the harm in revealing the method you use to someone who would not make a purchase from you and will not use your method to make money or steal your customers? This forum thrives due to the sharing of knowledge. Large corporations protecting secret methods to make more money hold back progress for everyone as well.
Without the lure of profit, many projects such as this may never be attempted. Capitalism drives progress. And I bet if Okashira were to apply the "profit" towards an hourly wage, he'd be making less than $15/hour. (I hear that's the going rate these days...)
I build custom ebikes.
http://www.westcoastelectrics.com
West Coast Electric Cycles
Bellevue, WA
USA

okashira
100 kW
100 kW

Post by okashira » Mar 02, 2017 6:10 pm

teslanv wrote:
joshuahandrich wrote:What is the harm in revealing the method you use to someone who would not make a purchase from you and will not use your method to make money or steal your customers? This forum thrives due to the sharing of knowledge. Large corporations protecting secret methods to make more money hold back progress for everyone as well.
Without the lure of profit, many projects such as this may never be attempted. Capitalism drives progress. And I bet if Oshakira were to apply the "profit" towards an hourly wage, he'd be making less than $15/hour. (I hear that's the going rate these days...)
nail on head. on both points
"Peace out - I'm done."

edisonmotors.net

jimwebo
10 W
10 W

Post by jimwebo » Mar 04, 2017 6:25 am

okashira wrote:
teslanv wrote:
Without the lure of profit, many projects such as this may never be attempted. Capitalism drives progress. And I bet if Oshakira were to apply the "profit" towards an hourly wage, he'd be making less than $15/hour. (I hear that's the going rate these days...)
nail on head. on both points
joshuahandrich wrote:<font><font>[quote = ""] Okashira Primeros 444 células fuera </font></font>

<font><font>[img] http://i.imgur.com/RR9FDIo.jpg [/ img] </font></font>
<font><font>[img] http://i.imgur.com/bmoXazn.jpg [/ img ] [/ quote] </font></font>

<font><font>Hay alguna posibilidad de que estaría dispuesto a compartir algún consejo en absoluto acerca de la forma en que los desconecta de los módulos de manera limpia, dada la cantidad de epoxi entre las células y los extremos policarbonato?</font></font>
Well I thought that in this forum as in the majority, the important thing was the help.
I bought a non-for-profit module and it took me a long time to get the cells out, I could not avoid damaging dozens of them.
In his day I sent a message to okashira asking for advice, of which I got no answer, I thought that for being a very busy guy.
Now I understand why.
Do not judge me believing that I want to take advantage of the effort of others, I myself have worked hard and I have never denied advice to others (in the forum enbicielectrica.com)
A greeting.
Electric life.

FredSaberhagen
1 mW
1 mW

Post by FredSaberhagen » Mar 30, 2017 12:35 pm

hey okashira,

Any update on these larger capacity cells? interested to see discharge curves (are the 10A cont. or higher than that?)

Thanks!!

okashira
100 kW
100 kW

Post by okashira » Mar 30, 2017 9:45 pm

FredSaberhagen wrote:hey okashira,

Any update on these larger capacity cells? interested to see discharge curves (are the 10A cont. or higher than that?)

Thanks!!
just been too busy.. I will get to it.
The curve looks like ncr18650ga through. Notably different from the 85 cells
"Peace out - I'm done."

edisonmotors.net

Allex
1 GW
1 GW

Post by Allex » Mar 31, 2017 2:36 am

Did you run my cells?
I dont remember which I gave you, was it GRADE C and GRADE E?
Did you see any diff in capacity/Ri?

Lambnadr
1 µW
1 µW

Post by Lambnadr » Apr 26, 2017 7:14 am

Does anyone know if Okashira is still selling these? I haven't been able to get a response in PMs

DasDouble
100 kW
100 kW

Post by DasDouble » Apr 29, 2017 5:30 pm

omg, why did I not see this earlyer? THIS IS WAY CHEAPER THEN MY 30Q CELLS FROM nKON, DAMM IT! :lol:
Highpower Ebike enthusiast.
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

okashira
100 kW
100 kW

Post by okashira » May 03, 2017 9:25 am

DasDouble wrote:For those, wo are interested in some new Tesla batterys, go to this webside:

http://www.evwest.com/catalog/product_i ... nj80dto4e5
Why are you advertising exactly what I am selling in my thread?

I literally sell better modules for less:
http://edisonmotors.net/shop/product/mo ... category=7
Evwest 85kwh modules $1375
Our modules 90kwh $1299
Last edited by okashira on May 03, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Peace out - I'm done."

edisonmotors.net

Allex
1 GW
1 GW

Post by Allex » May 03, 2017 9:53 am

Dasdouble does this some times, hijacks other sales threads.

DasDouble
100 kW
100 kW

Post by DasDouble » May 03, 2017 10:41 am

Sorry I didn´t meant to. I have just read that it is out of stock and I didn´t knew that you still sell them. I will delete my post right now. Sorry..

okashira
100 kW
100 kW

Post by okashira » May 03, 2017 12:45 pm

DasDouble wrote:Sorry I didn´t meant to. I have just read that it is out of stock and I didn´t knew that you still sell them. I will delete my post right now. Sorry..
Thank you.
Yes I do have 11 90kwh module in stock. I don't have any 85kwh modules in stock.
"Peace out - I'm done."

edisonmotors.net

okashira
100 kW
100 kW

Post by okashira » May 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Allex wrote:Did you run my cells?
I dont remember which I gave you, was it GRADE C and GRADE E?
Did you see any diff in capacity/Ri?
I am getting setup for lots of testing yours will be included!
I did not notice any significant difference in either capacity or Ri on the quick tests I did
"Peace out - I'm done."

edisonmotors.net

DasDouble
100 kW
100 kW

Post by DasDouble » May 03, 2017 1:18 pm

Do you know how much shipping to germany is? I maybe will order 300 cells then if shipping is not an arm and a leg.. :roll: :)

okashira
100 kW
100 kW

Post by okashira » May 03, 2017 4:20 pm

DasDouble wrote:Do you know how much shipping to germany is? I maybe will order 300 cells then if shipping is not an arm and a leg.. :roll: :)
Too much to make it worth it for 300 cells.. sorry :(
"Peace out - I'm done."

edisonmotors.net

DasDouble
100 kW
100 kW

Post by DasDouble » May 04, 2017 3:41 pm

Im really, really interested in these.. A couple of question, which I kindly ask you to reply to:

-How many Ah does one single cell has?
-What nominal voltage per cell? 3.6v? 3.7v?
-Do you sell the cooling innertubes of the tesla battery pack??? (important!) :D

Cheers, Elias :)

okashira
100 kW
100 kW

Post by okashira » May 04, 2017 6:37 pm

DasDouble wrote:Im really, really interested in these.. A couple of question, which I kindly ask you to reply to:

-How many Ah does one single cell has?
-What nominal voltage per cell? 3.6v? 3.7v?
-Do you sell the cooling innertubes of the tesla battery pack??? (important!) :D

Cheers, Elias :)
-The cells I have now, from a 90kwh pack, would be rated at about 3.4Ah
-They would probably be rated at 3.6v (actual nominal would need to be determined from a ultra low current discharge test) would probably come closer to 3.7V or so. Similar to any NCA cell.

What tubes? The module tubes I usually just throw out. But I can keep the next one(s) if someone wants one.
For the pack tubing, we usually throw that out as well. It's nothing special really. I'd just use some silicone tubing and hose clamps for a custom application.
"Peace out - I'm done."

edisonmotors.net

okashira
100 kW
100 kW

Post by okashira » May 04, 2017 9:42 pm

Updated cell pricing - including shipping costs to canada!!! :--)

--------90D cells - 2015 MY - From Tesla Model S/Model X P90D/P100D vehicle--------
Attachments
okashira-pricing.PNG
okashira-pricing.PNG (33.1 KiB) Viewed 1063 times
"Peace out - I'm done."

edisonmotors.net

okashira
100 kW
100 kW

Post by okashira » May 05, 2017 12:36 am

Pls don't mind issues with shipping costs and cart problems on the website. It's still a WOP.
Email me or PM me for any questions.
"Peace out - I'm done."

edisonmotors.net