CUSTOM frame/E-tek motor/Controller

Got something to sell? Have extra parts that need a good home? Have something that others would need to complete their kits? Post it up here and see if anyone else is searching for what you are selling. Guest may post replies to topics already here. All topics here will expire after 90 days of inactivity.
John in CR
100 GW
100 GW

Re: CUSTOM frame/E-tek motor/Controller

Post by John in CR » Apr 09, 2016 6:24 pm

Apparently the seller thinks it's okay to discount his price to $800 canadian and then renege after the offer is accepted. He even went to the extent of revising the post enough times that it doesn't show in history, though I'm sure a mod can dig up the original. I'm sure Kin remembers, and in any event I grabbed a copy. It wasn't a mistake or typo, which obviously doesn't need to be honored. I was even willing to accommodate him by asking about extras we could add to the sale to net him more money.

Here's the bulk of his last Sunday post that I copied
Jonathan1981 wrote:800$CAD for motor and controller, if you want the frame, you can have it too, OR if you don't want the frame, just so everyone knows, I'm going to bring the frame to the aluminum scrap yard, that's how much I don't want it around anymore, takes up too much room + I have - infity interest in pursuing this project. Your choice, community..... if know one takes it, you are directly responsible for seeing a perfectly good frame go to electric bike valhala....
After the post editing, it's become a matter of principle now. I accepted his offer at 800 with only shipping cost to be determined.

FWIW, this motor was broken in with 20-30 less than half hour rides according to Jonathan. That was spinning the other direction, and AFAIK it's bad practice to change direction with a brushed motor after breaking in. Luckily I have other plans for the motor and can preserve the rotation, which to me is important since replacement parts aren't to be found. On the plus side it is an original Etek, not a more recent knock-off, but the last price I found for one was $329 at theSuperkids.com, and he's obviously unaware of the market value of a used controller. Lucky for him, what he planned to send to the scrapyard has good value to me.

John

Jonathan1981
1 W
1 W

Post by Jonathan1981 » Apr 10, 2016 4:45 pm

Guys, I've decided that I will only sell locally or not at all, the frame and I have had a long hard talk and we're thinking of staying together, but ofcourse in separate rooms. :wink:

Jonathan1981
1 W
1 W

Post by Jonathan1981 » Apr 10, 2016 5:00 pm

Not sure what your problem is John but get over it, so I flip flopped on my price, big deal. I was desperate and I underpriced it and I changed it back after some thought and I explained that to you and offered my apologies numerous times, you make it sound like I was being sneaky about it, you're just unhappy because you think I owe you the sale. We never officially agreed on anything in our PM's, your first few questions to me were to calculate a shipping cost. PLUS, AND here's the part that get's me, I'm not sure if you missed where I said I was ACTUALLY willing to honor the sale @ 800$.... but no, you basically flipped back an e-mail with a terrible tone, questioning my purchases, questioning my integrity just a plain shitty way to converse with a person. That's why I'm not going to sell it to you AND I will 1. either find another buyer LOCALLY so I don't have to ship, 2. keep it and build it up myself because like the saying goes, if you want it done right, you got to do it yourself.

By the way, I've sent you very nice and clear pictures of the motor and stamped serial, where it was purchased, how it's a REAL B&G etek along with a nice description of how much use it has on it, but you again reply with condescending comments....I don't deserve that. I'd appreciate it if you refrain from this thread please. Thank you.

With regards to the issue of the motor being run in in one direction, I have maybe 300 or so hours on the motor being mounted with axle out the right side, in this frame it would be reversed, apparently there can be issues if the motor is reversed after the brushes have been worn in one direction. I'm not sure if 300 hours is enough to cause problems, I do know when I bought it, it was advertised as multi direction, you just swap the + - wires.... maybe someone who knows these motors can chime in. I'd like to know myself if swapping directions would cause problems, from some prelim research, it seems like it only results in a small percentage loss of power and inefficiency converting amperage.....

So again, I apologize for the funkiness of the thread but just recap where I'm @:

1. Still open to offers but sticking with 1,000$CAD for frame+swingarm, seat, all necessary adapters and axles, motor and controller I WILL NOT SHIP SO DON'T ASK...LOCALS ONLY, OTTAWA/GATINEAU/MONTREAL

in the meantime, this whole thread has basically rekindled my interest in the project lol so I'll be building it up slowly. I was out of the EV scene for a while and didn't realize how much things have progressed. I actually was so keen on getting rid of it because I didn't want to deal with the hassles of building a high powered battery system for it but now I am seeing there are plenty of options available that are pretty much turn key...:) still slightly expensive but I'm a little more encouraged to stick with it :)

John in CR
100 GW
100 GW

Post by John in CR » Apr 10, 2016 5:44 pm

Since you are unable to comprehend what you did wrong, you're obviously someone no one on the forum should do business with. You can't jack up the price after someone says "Yes I'll take it." Imagine someone trying to pull that crap on you. Thank goodness this didn't go through, no telling what else you would have pulled.

Jonathan1981
1 W
1 W

Post by Jonathan1981 » Apr 10, 2016 6:10 pm

What I would have pulled? you had about 50 million different explanations about who was going to receive it, where it was going to be shipped, who was going to pay, your son in law's father's daughters illigitamte child in frocking tim-buck 2 hick town florida had some sketchy paypal account that you were going to pay with, and then ship to some remote island full of homosexuals. .......about 50 people with the name followed by CR? what is with that anyway, are you like an earl down there in the bayou, sir JOHN of CR, Sir Ed of Miami, allow me to introduce myself, my name is Jonathan of Gatineau Quebec, earl of get over it. You're so sketchy guy, I'm just laughing here. Very glad I didn't sell to you. Thread followers, please disregard this guy. I would complain to admin but whatever, the more he opens his mouth, the more he shows his true colors.

John in CR
100 GW
100 GW

Post by John in CR » Apr 11, 2016 12:47 am

Nice try. What is that, scammer math, where 2 is equal to 50 million? What could you have pulled? Well let's see. With me paying up front and located in a different country, you could have pulled just about anything. For starters you could have sent a broken motor like the larcenous priced one you linked on Ebay early in the thread http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-MOTOR-GENERA ... SwGvhT6qNA. Now you'll probably go and edit that post too.

"Sketchy guy". That's a good one. I've bought stuff from a long list of ESers with 0 issues other than the Sangesf thief who tried to rip off $20k in an ES group buy. I also sell high efficiency hubmotors to ESers with 0 issues.

BUYERS BEWARE of Jonathan1981.

DasDouble
10 kW
10 kW

Post by DasDouble » Apr 11, 2016 9:32 am

Well... That escalated quickly..... :roll:
Highpower Ebike enthusiast.
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

Jonathan1981
1 W
1 W

CUSTOM FRAME/E-TEK/MOTOR CONTROLLER

Post by Jonathan1981 » Oct 29, 2017 7:15 pm

I had put this stuff up for sale at beg of March 2016 but then decided to do some more work....I didn't quite get done everything (Main frame still needs the epoxy sanded) but it's almost there. I did the following over the winter/summer 2016/2017

- Finished epoxy smoothing the subframe and primed for paint
- First coat of epoxy smoothing on all the welds, joined area's on the main frame, usually I do 2-3 coats with sanding in between to build up a nice surface finish...
- Finished epoxy smoothing the swing arm, primed and painted the area's...

1500$CAD OBO for everything listed below:

1. 14KW e-tek motor, like new, approx. 100km use..
2. 400AMP alltrax controller, tip top shape...works
3. Awesome custom made aluminum frame, huge battery bay, comes with swingarm (not the axle though, CR85 swing arm axle) and seat but not the shock (CR85 rear shock), motor mounting hardware, all hardware for the battery cage, custom aluminum BMS tray for mounting the BMS system. If you're interested and want to know how to setup the frame and what parts to use, just e-mail me.

Awesome chance to get some amazing parts for an E-dirt bike build...
The more I prep everything, the more I'm tempted to keep it BUT I have so many projects on the go I'd rather see it go somewhere it will be used and built up a lot quicker.

contact me for shipping quote... will not ship outside of CAN or US as it will be too expensive.
Attachments
20171029_190154.jpg
20171029_190240.jpg
20171029_190402.jpg
(241.47 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
20171029_190411.jpg
(235.49 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
20171029_190442.jpg
(204.24 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
20171029_191032.jpg
20171029_191317.jpg
(218.18 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
20171029_191338.jpg
(222.91 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
20171029_191409.jpg

Kin
100 kW
100 kW

Post by Kin » Oct 30, 2017 10:47 am

It's still all beautiful and still a steal, but I still can't get myself to get into another large project I shouldn't have :).

Maybe update your first page to list the newest price.

You are by no means obligated to sell at the price you originally suggested, we all agree it's lame to back out, but things change. I am not surprised you have a lot of attachment to a frame that ultimately cost you probably the price you're selling in labor alone, at least.
New to endless-sphere? Notice a lot of signatures recommending Ebikes.ca? That's because it's the best place for a quality and manageable, (but still 'real'), first build. Justin is a solid supporter of electric bike development, and a good source of equipment.

Jonathan1981
1 W
1 W

Post by Jonathan1981 » Oct 31, 2017 1:49 am

Kin,

Lol. Yeah I wanted to start this as a "NEW THREAD" but accidentally posted it in here, haha. Oh well, I guess it works out anyway since it's basically all the same stuff, just with a little more work put into it.....
but yeah for sure, there's lotta hours put into this, NOWHERE near what I'm asking, BUT, like everyone else, just have so much going on I'll never get around to finishing it so I'd rather take a hit then letting it die...hopefully there will be that one person out there who has a bit of time for an e-moto build :).....

spread the word, and thanks for the support!
Cheers

Jonathan1981
1 W
1 W

Post by Jonathan1981 » Nov 04, 2017 3:07 pm

Anyone interested?? US/CAN? 1500$ negotiable on price....

DasDouble
10 kW
10 kW

Post by DasDouble » Nov 06, 2017 3:09 am

I pay for shipping to germany, before it gets melted or destroyed^^ that would be a 2 big pitty for that frame.
Highpower Ebike enthusiast.
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

Jonathan1981
1 W
1 W

Post by Jonathan1981 » Dec 03, 2017 5:25 pm

Das, sorry for the late response...just shows how busy I am :) will send PM. Thanks.

Jonathan1981
1 W
1 W

Post by Jonathan1981 » Dec 06, 2017 6:46 pm

C'mon guys, anyone in Canada or US willing to take this project on? otherwise, it will sit here and die. I can't give it away but def negotiable on price....