Tripod Velomobile for sale

Got something to sell? Have extra parts that need a good home? Have something that others would need to complete their kits? Post it up here and see if anyone else is searching for what you are selling.
chashb   100 mW

100 mW

Tripod Velomobile for sale

Post by chashb » Jan 22 2017 11:53am

I am selling my Tripod velomobile. I've driven it for three seasons now with no issues. I'm selling it in order to finance another potential local velomobile purchase.

Tripod Features

- Bafang 750W propulsion with 8 speed derailleur.
- Disc brake in both front wheels.
- Set up for 25mph top speed via the Bafang controller, configurable to other top speeds.
- Throttle override of normal pedelec operating mode.
- LED headlights (2). (Added headlight bracket keeps headlights firmly in place...)
- Horn.
- Rear LED flasher.
- Turn signals front and back.
- Brake light.
- Mirror on left and right side.
- LED flasher in all three tires.
- Automobile windshield glass in front.
- Manual windshield wiper.
- Front and Rear suspension.
- 48V 20ah LiFePO4 battery pack.
- Charger.
- External 120Vac extension cord adapter on left side.

General

The Tripod is completely road worthy. It's in very good condition. The design of the Tripod is not 100% refined IMHO. It's important to keep the steering linkage tight for optimum performance which is at worst a 5 minute job. I believe that the steering can be further improved by adding a small amount of toe-in for the front wheels. This would be an ideal velomobile for those that like to tinker to squeeze every last bit of performance possible out of the design. Because of its high profile, one must be a little more careful on corners (especially while turning into abrupt, steep hills...) than they would say with a Go-One3, but it's manageable and the benefit is a higher profile that puts the rider at eye level with most cars. I live in very hilly territory and being equipped with the Bafang 750W drive means there's no hill in my area that the Tripod can't easily climb in the lowest gear. The Bafang drive train is also extremely quiet. Most people won't even know you've got a pedal assist at all. The longest ride I took was 40 miles with 'nominal' pedaling and in the highest pedelec assist level. (Assist level '3' on the Bafang control...) When I returned home from the trip I still had over 80% battery power left in the 'tank'.

I paid around $7000.00 for the Tripod plus shipping from Oregon. I'm willing to let it go for $4500.00 cash only. It will come with everything listed above. Buyer pick up only please. The shipping crate it came in is long gone. Ideal deal for the velomobile enthousiast on the east coast in the New England area. I'm located in northwestern CT. email inquiries welcome: chblow@snet.net

Charlie

Some pictures:

999zip999   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Tripod Velomobile for sale

Post by 999zip999 » Jan 23 2017 5:15pm

I would love to see rhe freeways of So Cal filled with these.

chashb   100 mW

100 mW

Post by chashb » Jan 24 2017 8:40am

Me too! They're fun to drive too!

Charlie

melodious   100 kW

100 kW

Post by melodious » Jan 24 2017 11:29am

If I had that,I would repaint it as a yellow doggie head with tongue hanging out of the side. :o
Surly Ogre rigid 29er, rear 10T MAC @ 50V 25AH & 40A: 30mph road/gravel/hill machine
42" dual diagonal Eskateboard @6s & 90mm wheels
Next: eMTB @10-12s & 8"-12" pneumatic wheels; Got Strapped? d-(',')z

Voltron   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Voltron » Jan 24 2017 4:49pm

Don't forget big ears and some fur :)
timthumb.jpg
timthumb.jpg (40.95 KiB) Viewed 768 times
But seriously, I could have used something like that now that it finally rains here again. .

chashb   100 mW

100 mW

Post by chashb » May 04 2018 3:00pm

No longer for sale.... Decided to keep it... (Not that it was flying off of the shelf... lol)

Charlie