I am selling my Tripod velomobile. I've driven it for three seasons now with no issues. I'm selling it in order to finance another potential local velomobile purchase.
- Bafang 750W propulsion with 8 speed derailleur.
- Disc brake in both front wheels.
- Set up for 25mph top speed via the Bafang controller, configurable to other top speeds.
- Throttle override of normal pedelec operating mode.
- LED headlights (2). (Added headlight bracket keeps headlights firmly in place...)
- Rear LED flasher.
- Turn signals front and back.
- Brake light.
- Mirror on left and right side.
- LED flasher in all three tires.
- Automobile windshield glass in front.
- Manual windshield wiper.
- Front and Rear suspension.
- 48V 20ah LiFePO4 battery pack.
- External 120Vac extension cord adapter on left side.
The Tripod is completely road worthy. It's in very good condition. The design of the Tripod is not 100% refined IMHO. It's important to keep the steering linkage tight for optimum performance which is at worst a 5 minute job. I believe that the steering can be further improved by adding a small amount of toe-in for the front wheels. This would be an ideal velomobile for those that like to tinker to squeeze every last bit of performance possible out of the design. Because of its high profile, one must be a little more careful on corners (especially while turning into abrupt, steep hills...) than they would say with a Go-One3, but it's manageable and the benefit is a higher profile that puts the rider at eye level with most cars. I live in very hilly territory and being equipped with the Bafang 750W drive means there's no hill in my area that the Tripod can't easily climb in the lowest gear. The Bafang drive train is also extremely quiet. Most people won't even know you've got a pedal assist at all. The longest ride I took was 40 miles with 'nominal' pedaling and in the highest pedelec assist level. (Assist level '3' on the Bafang control...) When I returned home from the trip I still had over 80% battery power left in the 'tank'.
I paid around $7000.00 for the Tripod plus shipping from Oregon. I'm willing to let it go for $4500.00 cash only. It will come with everything listed above. Buyer pick up only please. The shipping crate it came in is long gone. Ideal deal for the velomobile enthousiast on the east coast in the New England area. I'm located in northwestern CT. email inquiries welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org