Radpower Battery

Got something to sell? Have extra parts that need a good home? Have something that others would need to complete their kits? Post it up here and see if anyone else is searching for what you are selling. Guest may post replies to topics already here. All topics here will expire after 90 days of inactivity.
jonw
1 µW
1 µW

Radpower Battery

Post by jonw » Jan 24, 2018 3:55 pm

I have a Radpower battery that fits the 2016/2017 RadRover, RadWagon, and RadCity. It's the 48V 11.6Ah Panasonic Lithium-Ion battery pack. It discharges fine but wont charge. I accidentally touched the charging point on the battery with the key and it fired a few sparks out (brilliant move!). I'm guessing I damaged the charge port on the battery. I'd like to keep this out of the landfill. If you are building a battery pack or want to have a go at repairing it you can have it. You just have to promise that you will dispose of it properly if it doesn't work out and you have to pick it up in Fremont, CA. If no one is interested I'm taking it to the hazardous waste disposal.

amberwolf
100 GW
100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Re: Radpower Battery

Post by amberwolf » Jan 25, 2018 1:22 am

I pm'd another member on here (cvin) wiht a couple Rad bikes that might want it with a link to your thread; hopefully she'll get the PM soon and respond (to you).

cvin
10 mW
10 mW

Post by cvin » Jan 29, 2018 1:56 pm

Thanks amberwolf, i just saw this

Not sure the 2016 will work on my 2015 bike, pretty sure my rover is a 2015

But i am interested and guessing we can change the case or something

Is this battery still available?

Looking up how far it is to drive to fremont now

cvin
10 mW
10 mW

Post by cvin » Jan 29, 2018 1:57 pm

Dang did not realize it was so far north...

I bet you can find someone in san franscisco that will take it off your hands and try to fix it

cvin
10 mW
10 mW

Post by cvin » Jan 29, 2018 2:18 pm

If by chance you know someone headed to san diego or los angeles in the next month and they could bring it i would run over there and get it