[SOLD] Edge1500 direct-drive hub motor - $100

Got something to sell? Have extra parts that need a good home? Have something that others would need to complete their kits? Post it up here and see if anyone else is searching for what you are selling.
mrbill   10 kW

10 kW

[SOLD] Edge1500 direct-drive hub motor - $100

Post by mrbill » May 07 2018 12:25pm

Shipping is $15 or (actual shipping charges + (optional) insurance charges + delivery confirmation fee, if any), whichever is greater. I will try to find cheapest shipping option or will ship according to your carrier of preference.

Most items are new or lightly-used. A few items that have been used moderately or heavily are noted. If you think my item pricing is off or you're buying multiple items, please make me an offer.

I will test everything electronic to make sure it works before I send it out, so I am selling everything "as is". But, if you buy an item that is dead on arrival, damaged in shipment, or you believe you got a raw deal, please contact me as soon as possible so we can work out a solution. I am not making a profit on this and am more interested in seeing this surplus hardware find a home with other enthusiasts where it will get used instead of collecting dust in my workshop.

Don't forget to take a look at my bike items for sale.

All prices are in US Dollars. Please follow up or reply via private message if interested.

If you prefer to browse by photo, the complete photo album of e-bike items for sale can be seen here.

$100 - The Edge1500 motor is sold new by LA E-Bikes. Buy used and save. See photos of the actual motor for sale here and here.

The Edge1500 has 23 poles, 35mm stator w/0.35mm laminations and includes approximately 4.5 mL of Statorade, Hall sensors, a 10K NTC thermistor, and a quick-release connector in the cable to ease wheel installation and removal. Kv=11.5. Inner locknut dimension is 135mm, although I will include a few spacers to allow for a larger freewheel or wider dropouts.

The connectors are plug-n-play compatible with the standard adopted by Grin Technology for its motors and controllers: Anderson PP45 for the phases, and JST-SM 5-pin for the Hall, and a JST-SM 2-pin for the temperature sensor.

The motor was laced in a 1x pattern and shows signs of use but is in good condition, having been ridden for about 5600km. I am selling this fast-wind motor because I replaced it with a similar motor that uses a slower wind (kv=8).

Please note that the wheel truing stand is for display purposes and is NOT included.
Bill Bushnell
http://mrbill.homeip.net/
Bike build thread can be seen here.

spinningmagnets   100 GW

100 GW

Re: Edge1500 direct-drive hub motor - $100

Post by spinningmagnets » May 07 2018 3:14pm

I already have an Edge 1500W, or...I would be all over this. I have tested and sold dozens of ebike parts, but this motor is one of the few I have kept.

The fact that it has a temp sensor installed and already has ferro fluid inside is a huge bonus, because...you don't need to disassemble the motor to add that feature. The cost of a temp sensor plus FF is very affordable, but...the disassembly and re-assembly of the hubmotor is a huge pain.

This combo is easily able to handle frequent 3000W blasts without overheating. I am personally running 52V X 50A = 2600W, and I can't feel it getting warm from the outside with my hand.