40" cut battery lawn mower (TX USA)

Got something to sell? Have extra parts that need a good home? Have something that others would need to complete their kits? Post it up here and see if anyone else is searching for what you are selling.
veloman   1 GW

1 GW

40" cut battery lawn mower (TX USA)

Post by veloman » Jul 22 2018 1:24pm

This is not a consumer product.

This is a homebuilt mower using parts from various lawn mowers. The motors and electronics are greenworks 80v and work very well. It has a separate 36v drive unit for the rear wheels and a variable throttle control.
It just needs batteries. The motors are independent and all you need to do is get two greenworks 80 or 82v batteries, and a 36v for the drive system. Or you can run your own large 72v battery, and I'll throw in a GW 80v dead battery to use for it's electronics which are required to trick the controllers into communicating to run.

It works and cuts very fast. There is no mower available anywhere that has this wide of a cut for anywhere near the weight and efficiency of this. Its about 100 lbs. Because of the Greenworks 80v system/blades it is extremely efficient. Total cutting power is around 3kw but it will only use about 500 watts base load (no grass). Most large mowers will require tons more power just to spin (important if you were considering to convert a commercial gas large cut mower). The tiny wheel on the side is so that you can pick it up and roll through a narrow gate on it's side.

Its not pretty and could use refinements such as front caster wheels. Send an offer or come check it out if you like building mechanical stuff. I built this for my mowing business which I no longer have and need the space. I mostly just want to see it used for it's intended purpose and not parted out. $200? will consider offers
Attachments
40m.jpg
40m.jpg (130.54 KiB) Viewed 290 times
40m2.jpg
40m2.jpg (90.17 KiB) Viewed 290 times
40m3.jpg
40m3.jpg (57.26 KiB) Viewed 290 times
40" mower for sale! viewtopic.php?f=9&t=95387
Mush! Mush you electrons! Push harder!