This item is located in Minnesota, willing to ship at buyers expense anywhere in the USA.
For this project, my design brief was to build a bike that could I could ride 15 miles each way to work. Year round in Minnesota any road, any weather. For components I aligned with Grin Technologies, as I like their quality, innovation plus their general social philosophy regarding eBikes. The battery came from another trusted resource EM3EV. Overall a very nice machine. The controller is fully programmable and can interface to a laptop, lots of eBike nerdery here.
With teenagers keeping me busy, I have not been able to ride this bike as much as planned. The bike has never seen road salt. The battery has less than 20 charging cycles.
• 18" Surly Pugsley original arctic white (medium)
• 2 sets of tires for summer (Vee Speedster) and winter (Surly)
• High quality components from Grin Technologies in Vancouver, BC.
• Phaserunner Field Oriented Motor Controller for smooth sensor less operation.
• Open Source Motor Controller programming
• Direct Drive Motor with 5 speed integral geared hub
• Single Speed drivetrain for winter ease of maintenance
• Regenerative Breaking
• Encoder system provides cadence control for motor
• Hard wired front and rear lights.
• Large EM3EV 52V 21-Ah Battery for long range (~60 miles)
• Big-O Fenders
• Ergon Cork grips
• Thudbuster seatpost
• Rear rack for panniers
• Nice platform pedals
• All components to return to stock Arctic White Surly Pug.
Please see the .PDF attachment for photos and build cost. Thanks for looking!!
Got something to sell? Have extra parts that need a good home? Have something that others would need to complete their kits? Post it up here and see if anyone else is searching for what you are selling.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Surly Ebike Dec 2018.pdf
- (2.05 MiB) Downloaded 97 times