EB3XX paramater designer edited for more range in here

zombiess

10 MW
Here is quick and dirty hex edit I've done of the the EB3xx software to allow for higher battery currents. This is not a pretty edit, but it does work. I did this for my own testing and because Steveo has been asking me to do it for him for a few days so I figured I might as well help everyone out. I included some of my working sample files I have been testing with as well.

This allows you to turn block time down to 0.0, do this first, no more than 0.1S block time on a high power controller if you want it to stand a chance at living.

Changes:
battery current all the way up to 250A
Block time as low as 0.0s
Regen voltage of 55,63,75V. I changed this for my own needs as I use this on my IRFB4115 18 FET controllers at 125V to get regen with the proper R12 mod to change LVC/HVC. 1200 ohm R12 = displayed voltage, 900 ohm R12 = 1.33x displayed voltage, 600 ohm R12 = 2.00x displayed voltage. For reference most of Lyen's IRFB4110 controllers use a 900 ohm R12, IRFB4115 controllers usually have a 600 ohm R12.

Disclaimer, if you blow up your controller... you probably pushed it to hard :p I sell 18FET and 24 FET replacements :D
For an even better selection of options use XPD. I need to spend some time hacking the source code on that to make sure the shunt values are what I think they are... just need more time. XPD kicks serious butt!

Enjoy.

View attachment EB3xx V2.zip

Thanks zombiess!!

your Awsome :mrgreen:

zombiess said:
For an even better selection of options use XPD.

In XPD i can set the Phase Amps and Battery Amps as well all the way up as in your modified Software.
Further more i can set the Regen Voltage (HVC) in one volt steps up and down, and not only in three steps (55,63,75V for example).

=> buuut: do the changes which i set in XPD really take effect on my controller, or does it only work with your modified Software?
If XPD apply all settings to the controller, why not everyone uses XPD instead of this "standard" Lyen etc. Software?

sorry i cannot try it on my own. My Cromotor isn't installed yet in my bike...

The reason more people don't use it is because the install is too complicated for many... at least that is what I've gathered from reading on here.

zombiess said:
The reason more people don't use it is because the install is too complicated for many... at least that is what I've gathered from reading on here.

I agree.. i tried installing... was totally lost on how to use it....

-steveo

Hey Jeremy

By any chance do you have a updated version of the software that supports the eb324 and 3b336 boards

This software is only good up to 18mosfet infinion

I have a 18fet pcb that is built with 4 shunt wires.. Id like to try programming as a 24 fet

Same idea for the 24pcbs ill build for my hubmonster motor

Thanks
-Steveo

zombiess said:
18 FET is as high as eb3xx software goes. Time to do some math. Its China and cheap :)

i'll ask Keywin if he has a newer software version avaliable.

I will post it if i get it here..

thanks
Steveo

steveo said:
zombiess said:
18 FET is as high as eb3xx software goes. Time to do some math. Its China and cheap :)

thanks
Steveo

I already asked about a month ago and he did not know of any new version. Xie Changs website didn't have anything either.

zombiess said:
steveo said:
zombiess said:

thanks
Steveo

I already asked about a month ago and he did not know of any new version. Xie Changs website didn't have anything either.

how have you been programing the 24 fets? I remember some software you referred me to a while back.. but i was totally lost on how to use it..

could i program my 24 fets as 18fets till the software for the 24's 7 36's are avaliable?

thanks
-steveo

I program them as 18 FET, adjust the battery current to account for the extra shunt and set the phase current low since have no clue if it goes higher than programmed when it's done as an 18 FET. The shunt value does not appear to have any effect on EB3 controller phase amp settings.

I've looked at these bits of software a few times but keep putting off using it- it doesn't give the impression of being user friendly (recalculating some figures, can't read or save existing settings just in case....)- but I'm going to have to bite the bullet soon. I've got two Lyen 18FET controllers (Mk I and Mk II), and the Mk II is set 10A lower than the Mk I and struggles a bit up some of the hills and can't manage a couple very well at all whereas the Mk I manages better. My current solution works- changing the route- but in't really the correct solution. I'm only running 36V, partly because I had a problem where the controllers needed to 'warm up' for a mile or two before giving full power- I didn't want to risk 72V because sometimes it kicked it with full power although it was usually a slow build up. Sometimes it would crawl away at only 5 or 6 mph. I think the problem is that Crystalyte used crap wires for the halls- I recently had to resolder them and one phase was corroded no matter how far I stripped the wire back. I'll replace them at the next wheel stripdown (if it snows this winter?).

Anyhow, I'll print your stuff off, work out what the new settings should be, check the maths again, create the file and try programming the Mk II contoller.

btw for those that asked about compatibility there is an option in Windows where the program can be made to think your version of Windows is an earlier version than it actually is. I recently updated to Windows 8 (made usable with the Classic Shell utility) and had to do this for 1 old program I use.

alsmith said:
Anyhow, I'll print your stuff off, work out what the new settings should be, check the maths again, create the file and try programming the Mk II contoller.
You really should use XPD. Even Zombiess admits it's a better solution.
zombiess said:
For an even better selection of options use XPD. I need to spend some time hacking the source code on that to make sure the shunt values are what I think they are... just need more time. XPD kicks serious butt!
I actually have taken the time to verify the inputs and outputs of XPD against Zombiess' and Lyen's versions of the Keywin E-bike Lab so I can confirm they are correct.

http://xpd.berlios.de/

If you need support, the ES thread is at http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27927

kifukarider said:
alsmith said:
Anyhow, I'll print your stuff off, work out what the new settings should be, check the maths again, create the file and try programming the Mk II controller.
You really should use XPD. Even Zombiess admits it's a better solution.
zombiess said:
I actually have taken the time to verify the inputs and outputs of XPD against Zombiess' and Lyen's versions of the Keywin E-bike Lab so I can confirm they are correct.

http://xpd.berlios.de/

If you need support, the ES thread is at http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27927

Yep, I've downloaded the software, and all of that thread for a bit of light offline reading.

I can't believe I didn't see this sooner... I started hex editing the Parameter Designer software long ago but what I've never tried (not even sure why not) is removing the MCU (Infineon, Xie Chang, Etc) and dumping the hex and eep data. I'm sure there is a simple way to dump the EEP which would back up the settings or allow reading them (even the cheapest ASIC MCU supports this usually through ISP (inline serial programming)).

Truth is with a HEX dump of the code, and a fair bit of experience with Assembler Code (experience I have) I believe we could alter many, many of what are perceived as imperfections in the design.

I'm also fairly sure the open source XPD programming software for settings would be a better choice since, well it's open source so these contributions for extended settings can be incorporated easily enough into the base code.

On a seperate but simliar topic, I have used the same HEX editing to change available values for Bafang BBS02 units too and have logged and anlyzed the entire programming protocol so I can eventually add the code to XPD so it will support Bafang BBS01/Bafang BBS02 controllers... not a high priority since I've begun using 6 FET external controllers for all these Bafangs of my own... more efficient.

Thanks for your work and contribution (and hopefully inspiration for everyone).

-Mike

Guys, this original program was written in visual basic 6.0.. google search for 'visual basic 6 decompiler'. There are a bunch of VB decompilers out there, and you can use this to figure out the communication protocol etc if you want to make a new version ala XPD

BTW, this will run in windows 7 / vista just fine.. the trick is to right click on the executable and select 'run as administrator'.

You also need these files in the same folder:
comdlg32.ocx
richtx32.ocx
mscomctl.ocx
mscomm32.ocx

Neo, too late I've disassembked the Parameter Designer vb6 app... This was just before XPD became available so other than giving useable names to variables and one or two other changes it was abandoned. Your welcome to the code and my serial io library which is to replace mscomm32.ocx.

-Mike

Actually I could do a cb.net port using framework 3.0 and make it compatible with windows, Linux and OS X (mono) if there was an Interest?

PM me if you would've interested in a open source port of Parameter Desigber?

Just for info
I recently received a little 12 FET 4110 from Keywin
The R12 mod he does now is
Original 1200 Ohm
Parallel 1200 Ohm
Overall therefore 600 ohm
So need to enter half the required value

Also many controllers now ship with a shunt mod which is just an extra 4 milliohm SMD shunt on the traces on the back of the board. So for a 12 FET, need to use 18 FET profile as effectively same shunt value as an 18.

Rather than use profiles for shunt differences, shame we cant have a box where we enter a figure for shunt value direct. Then other shunt mods / resistance innaccuracies could be taken in to account to

My latest 12 FET I have had to enter 38 amps and use 18 FET profile to get a 45 amp battery current.
That 45 amp is measured on a CA DP with shunt value calculated using the iCharger 'reverse current ' ..... so possible innaccuracies there too. Also the boards are now different again, so who really kniws for sure.
The latest generation are KH3xx

Just wanted to say thank you very much to zombiess for this thread! I know this is a very old conversation, but it resolved my issue with limited regen voltage options for my 12fet Lyen controller. XPD was not working for me.

I'm running a 16s battery and the default options in the software were not appropriate. I downloaded a basic Hex editor and made the changes. Regen works perfectly now!

Back