Rahtmobile etrike, Human Electric Vehicle

With a 9 kWh battery, a 20kW motor and 100mph top speed, I'm really not sure what is the point of it having pedals...

Oh, and $45,000?!

Sure, the pedal input is nearly useless on such a vehicle. But you are missing the point. It gives the rider an option of a workout (a FUN workout), all the while being a highway-speed capable vehicle.

They have a market, though it is small. I like it, though I wouldn't pay that much for one.

I think it's good to be open minded concerning the full spectrum of vehicles from pure bicycle to pure automobile!

We should be open to these ideas, even if they don't make sense in specific perspectives. I am happy to see options being explored.

I can tell you for sure - one of the worst parts about driving a car for more than 20 minutes is that I feel like crap when I get out. Tired from the complete sedentary state. Road trips would be soo much more enjoyable if I can pedal at my whim inside such a vehicle.

So what if you only add 1% to the range. It's not all about that.

This is getting me thinking. How much power does it take to move a 2000lb car at 15mph on level ground? Assuming 98% drivetrain efficiency - I am going to guess 1000 watts.

[youtube]1SKURcr6O-c[/youtube]

Back