3D printed parts Depository

Favorite 6s ESC+Wiimote Cover
Model is made in solidworks and the file is available in Thingyverse.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:658229

ScreenHunter_64 Jan. 29 14.38.jpg

As is usual in my covers the Esc must be dissasembeled and the fan disconnected.
ScreenHunter_66 Jan. 29 14.41.jpg

The final Esc is screwed onto the board with standard gypsum screws.. probably a better way but these work fine
ScreenHunter_68 Jan. 29 14.41.jpg

Prints out adequately rafted without supports, but you get a much more solid part using supports..

Will mount mine tomorrow. and post a pic

Helo betto

Can you programer you esc for the new mini Evolve remote? Or is imposibble?

Thanks

Hi Poweralti..
I do not undestand your question.. here are some alternatives..

The wiimote is producced by austin, and as far as I know it only connects to the Nintendo wiimotes and clones like the Kama (which i use)
The Esc is made by favorite, sold to me by torqueboards... I do not know if it can be connected to evolve remote (and quite seriously assume it does not)
The evolve control stick is very probably a proprietary design and can only be used with evolve products... meaning you already have an evolveboard with included Rx+Esc+housing and therefore do not need the wiimote or favorite ESC...

Sorry.. hope one of these alterantives helps

Looks pretty good mounted...
Will probably give it the matte black treatment at some point....
ScreenHunter_212 Jan. 31 21.30.jpg

Will probably try to waterproof the wiiceiver.. put it in a plastic bag or something of the sort...

ScreenHunter_211 Jan. 31 21.29.jpg

Next iteration will include the space for the low voltage alarm... wonder why I hadnt thought about this... seems quite obvious now... :shock:

Nice Beto

With your hub motors n vedder esc coming ur behind your own times now

I never tried to cast a motor mount/hanger doing a lost PLA mold in the end. I had two pros who were going to do it for me once I gave them the pattern I was working on. Was poorer then. Very poor. And now I should be getting those hub motors as well so I finally won't need a motor mount. but I'm still interested in the possibility of doing a lost pla investment cast of a wheel pulley. I have two of digglers wheel pulleys made by Imaterialize but they aren't pla and I'm wondering if they would still work. I'm dying to do a lost pla mold using a microwave or two or three(I find them all over the city on the streets here in SF) but have no purpose now
How about a mount for the vedder esc next!

Hummina Shadeeba said:
With your hub motors n vedder esc coming ur behind your own times now

How about a mount for the vedder esc next!

Have not received my hub motors and dont forsee a working/debugged Vesc in my possesion for at least a couple months...
However I rode 3 boards this morning for almost 32 kms (roads closed due to carnavales) at over 42kph on full batts...
Realware seems to ride longer and faster than vaporware....

When we have the stuff and it works reliably and well.. ill make the parts....

The 48 tooth wheel gear mounted on my abec98s on the Vraptor has finally worn out.. I conservatively calculate a milage of over 1000 kms (probably more like 1250 or so)

I retired them because on sunday i noticed my motor skipping cause the belt was loose, Since my welded motormounts have fixed bolt holes (as opposed to bolt-on or slideable which most people use) that is it for the gear.
The belt is however in excelent (perfect) shape. If I had slideable moormounts I could have probably doubled the gearslife by just tensing the belt as the difference between fine and falling-off- loose is probably no more than an eighth of an inch or so...
Printed a new part and mounted it this morning. Perfect fit. Also as I extrude my own ABS filament the part had a wopping U$0.40 price tag....
Awesome option for someone who is almost a month away from sdp-si ...

Wow beto 628 miles?! That's not bad for a 3d printed pulley. What was it printed in? Fill %? Wonder how much more Nylon would do.

Tension options definitely helps to adjust with the belt over it's lifespan.

Skipping teeth is quick way to eat up those teeth and strip the belt.

Were you climbing up hills and going down hills with it or strictly flat ground?

Yup its a long way to walk... :D

Abs 6 layer wallthickness, 80% infill.. heated up to 235 as opposed to 230... (be it a faulty thermocouple, panamas altitude, or the position of saturn during the festival of King Momo) gives me better between-layer fusion.. also keep in mind all my gears are 15mm thickness as opposed to the more common 9mm

This is strictly flat riding.. but very agressive full throttle and max accel or full breaking... i ride my boards pretty hard.. :shock:

QiyIZOV.png

Check this out guys. More then affordable $179 for a 4.9" diameter printing area - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tiko3d/tiko-the-unibody-3d-printer/

Would be perfect for this type of stuff. Prints PLA, ABS, Nylon, HIPS and more (supposedly).

8tbks7Y.png

The sound of the Unibody sounds perfect. No alignment issues after 300 hours of printing :) Ya!

Too bad -- - we won't receive it by November 2015 :( *Although $179 isn't much at all..

We should also update this post with BadWolf's GT2B design :mrgreen:

Found an hour, so here is the trigger assembly from a gt2E, fairly sure it is the same as the B's use too. Not suitable for 3D printing as it doesn't have the tolerances, all parts sit flush. Instead, ideally suited for the modelling/designing of a new hand controller using the gt internals. All the parts are separately modelled, didn't bother with the spring though.

trigger.jpg

Edit: won't let my upload a step, pm for the file if you want it. Also, that tiko printer could be great, if I could walk out of the store with one now I would.

Hills eat pulleys like a mother-fragger...
Had to change a pulley after only 150 kms of hills..
found this bridge with about 500 meters of downhill... i ride down and quickly get to max speedcoast for a bit...slide my board (coleman basically)... ride up...Repeat...
Damn bridge Ate my pulley....

so 150 kms hills 1250 kms flats.... :shock:

I got a ABS printed pulley coming:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Orangatang-Kegel-Electric-Skateboard-Pulley-Kit-/231522358955?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e7ced6ab

I want to finally print a motor mount out of abs or pla and get it cast in aluminum bronze at one of the two places I found that will do a couple for me as soon as I give them the parts. I'd like to not have to design the whole thing and alter someone else's design that goes with Caliber trucks. I want to alter a design to have it stick off the front or back so I can keep my drop-thru drop deck the same. What resources are there for motor mounts that go with caliber hangers that I could do this with?

I'm also thinking I might as well get this part coming from ebay cast as well if you have any advice on that. I think I remember there's a bit of shrinkage when doing the casting and I'll have to paint it or cover it with a thin layer of something to get the size I'll want.

Could anyone send me the 3d printing files for the parts required to make an electric longboard? Or is there a place where I can get it?

Outgrown said:
Could anyone send me the 3d printing files for the parts required to make an electric longboard? Or is there a place where I can get it?

An electric longboard consists of multiple parts. Not all parts can be 3D printed. Ideally, most of it won't hold and all mechanical parts are made in aluminum.

torqueboards said:
Outgrown said:

An electric longboard consists of multiple parts. Not all parts can be 3D printed. Ideally, most of it won't hold and all mechanical parts are made in aluminum.

I am aware of that, but I am talking about the pulley wheels and the motor mount. I am using a 60mm wheels, but I am new to this and have access to a 3d printer.

Motor mounts won't work well 3D printed. They'll break quickly.

They seem to work fine for 3d printed pulleys which people on this thread have tested too. I believe up to 200-300km.

60mm wheels might also be a bit small. Lowest wheels most people use are 80mm/83mm.

Guys you have awesome ideas there, and thanks to Torqueboards I discovered Tiko.

Though I may have found something even more interesting for you, since Tiko are unavailable before February 2016 and maybe use with hotter materials like Nylon ABS are not suited for it (is passive cooling enough for the meshes ?)

Now here is my share :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964730400/genesis-surpassing-every-expectation-but-your-budg/rewards

I give you Genesis 3d printer ! Starting price 189$, simplified automatic calibration with a single sturdy arm and a multi axis motorised bed.

The printer has two main configurations, UNO with one point and DUO with two points. The latter is more expensive but Also much faster than average printer and if you like it you can print in multicolor at once. You will see various setups from them, some with bigger bed and some with upgraded cooling.

torqueboards said:
Same thing. It's not delivered until Nov 2015 just like Tiko. That machine also looks like it only prints in PLA. Tiko prints in Abs and Nylon too. I got my Tiko ordered I would want two lol.

Nope it can print any standard material of your choice as long as it's a spool of 500g filament! PLA ABS Nylon etc... It can do it all.

Tiko is an iPhone where the Genesis is a Galaxy Note : Tiko is a peace of mind inside a full encased box and Genesis is bigger and tweakable thus versatile.

Tiko has an edge over two things : starting price (179$ vs 189$) and maximum accuracy (25 microns vs 50 microns) but Genesis can provide up to 150mm3/s printing speed and also got bigger printing area.

Btw you got lucky if you backed a Tiko early enought o be shipped in November, all Tikos available are nowhere before February 2016 now (this kinda turned me down haha) but still I can get a Genesis for September!

I like the idea of the Tiko. I've had tons of issues with alignment after using it for countless hours and I noticed prints were a lot better when it was fully enclosed.

I like the Genesis too. The $189 price point is not bad at all anymore. It's definetly making it much more affordable for consumer use.

Printing speed being faster also resulted in much more unreliable prints.

Yeah, I guess I did get Tiko early. It says delivery in November 2015.

Don't get me wrong I want a Genesis too LOL! Compared to the past prices of $800-$1200 for a 3D Printer. $200 each is a steal! lol

Back