Live long and prosper...Mr Spock

Eclectic

1 kW
I mourn the passage of Leonard Simon Nimoy. His character "Mr. Spock" was one of the most influential fictional characters of my life (other than James Bond - you know the real James Bond; "Sean Connery" not those other goofy ones but this new guy "Daniel Craig" is really good too).
MrSpock.jpg

When I first saw his character I was only 13 y/o, I was completely "fascinated" by the idea of making decisions based on pure logic and no emotion. I still to this day strive of that.

From his skeptical lifted eyebrow to his fascination with emotional beings and his struggle to find a place in worlds where he never quite fit. He created one of the most iconic characters in all of modern entertainment. A character that has been an inspiration to generations of geeks, nerds, scientists, astronauts and entrepreneurs.

With a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye (I can't give up emotions entirely), I raise my hand in the (Jewish inspired) salute that you created. While your physical body may have passed, the character you created will always "Live long and prosper, Mr. Spock" :cry:

It's sad news indeed. His character may be immortalised, but only because of him. He will be missed.

RIP Spock.

From Terry Virts on the space station:

nimoy1n-1-web.jpg

Bank of Canada issues statement requesting ‘Star Trek’ fans stop ‘Spocking’ $5 bill

sf.jpg

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/bank-of-canada-issues-statement-requesting-star-trek-fans-stop-spocking-5-bill-31039029.html

I feel like the CAD just went UP in value :D

Back