Getting cost down tow hooks

higrade

100 mW
[youtube][/youtube]I want to brainstorm maybe usind tow hooks as mounts http://m.ebay.com/itm/141354025431 can get one for like $16 and we know they are strong I just want an idea on how we could mount them.

Have a few ideas but I want to know where I can get clamps

torqueboards said:
You might as well get motor mounts. There's no room on that tow hook to add holes for the motor. You would have to mount that somewhere.

The head looks big I would like to see someone do some measurement u can always use one of the motor cross adapters

Can't delete that duplicate post.

The price isn't that off from a regular mount. I would just use something that was intended for the purpose rather than improvise which wouldn't be a benefit in this case.

How do you plan on mounting that to a pair of trucks.

Your better off buying a piece of aluminum off of ebay. Drawing up a 2d cad design in illustrator/photoshop even and printing it out and going at that piece of aluminum with a hack saw or something. You'd probably have better luck working with that.

yup.. lots of configuring to be done..to save 10 bucks... if you add in the aluminum welding to the trucks (cant see how you can screw mount them) it might actually cost you more that purpose made ones..

I think I find a way to mount it I just want to know now if a motor can fit

By the time you figure out how to mount a motor and mount the bracket to the truck you will have wasted more time and spent more $$$ than just fabricating a motor mount.

Back